AIDA64 - sensor panel, easy question.

I say easy because I'm sure someone will know and its something simple.

Have to run at start up and (program) minimized to tray. On boot, panel's on the desktop.

But, when loading a game, it doesn't show in-game, still there on desktop.

I've looked for hotkey edits but I'm just not seeing how to get it to stay on top聽馃

Hoping someone knows lol

Thank You much!

spacer.png

** Here on the West Coast USA **

10 minutes ago, Bender Blues said:

Have to run at start up and (program) minimized to tray. On boot, panel's on the desktop.

I've looked for hotkey edits but I'm just not seeing how to get it to stay on top聽馃

Hoping someone knows lol

Thank You much!

spacer.png

Jayz Two Cents has just done a tutorial vid on using Aida with a sensor panel and setting it up for onscreen monitoring as well in games, maybe the answer is there.

9 minutes ago, DigitalGoat said:

Jayz Two Cents has just done a tutorial vid on using Aida with a sensor panel and setting it up for onscreen monitoring as well in games, maybe the answer is there.

Good call, thats why I built the panel, because of Jays vid lol Good catch!

But no mention of it by Jay.

1 hour ago, Bender Blues said:

Hoping someone knows lol

Thank You much!

spacer.png

Running games in borderless mode should work.

And if a game doesn't have borderless mode then you can force it to run in borderless mode with the program "Borderless Gaming"

A PC Enthusiast聽since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE聽GTX 1660 GAMING OC聽@ Core聽2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

15 minutes ago, Caroline said:

You can use RTSS and the shared memory setting for this.

I believe you can show graphs with RTSS not sure if that's what you want.

Can you believe it?! You can't use it (AIDA) as an in-game overlay a moderator at AIDA's just said.聽馃槧

Well thats about useless. Not really I suppose...

3 minutes ago, Bender Blues said:

Can you believe it?! You can't use it (AIDA) as an in-game overlay a moderator at AIDA's just said.聽馃槧

Well thats about useless. Not really I suppose...

HWiNFO should work.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE聽GTX 1660 GAMING OC聽@ Core聽2085MHz Memory 5000MHz

1 minute ago, Vishera said:

Running games in borderless mode should work.

And if a game doesn't have borderless mode then you can force it to run in borderless mode with the program "Borderless Gaming"

In 25+ years of pc building, I've never seen 'borderless' or an option. Where do you force borderless?!

Not sure if you caught it, relied just as yours came in.

Cant use AIDA as an ingame overlay. Unreal.

6 minutes ago, Bender Blues said:

In 25+ years of pc building, I've never seen 'borderless' or an option.

image.thumb.png.9237276db8c032fe404f291a4b39f16e.png

7 minutes ago, Bender Blues said:

Where do you force borderless?!

https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming/releases

I run my sensor panel on the display on my keyboard so I'm not sure if this will help but did you try setting the option in the photo below.聽 I think Jay mentioned in his video this was what he used to get it running on top of the benchmark screen.聽 I just don't know if this would work if you run a game in fullscreen vs windowed.

Untitled.jpg

4 minutes ago, vf1000ride said:

I run my sensor panel on the display on my keyboard so I'm not sure if this will help but did you try setting the option in the photo below.聽 I think Jay mentioned in his video this was what he used to get it running on top of the benchmark screen.聽 I just don't know if this would work if you run a game in fullscreen vs windowed.

Untitled.jpg

Havent tried that! Will try now and get back. Did find it kinda strange the moderator at AIDA's forum said you can't.

28 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Do you really need the speedometer thingies or just the values? if you only need the values then it should work with RTSS.

I only use it to benchmark in-game for a while then close everything as I find it distracting.

The gauges are just temps in Fahrenheit. Wanted them to see when throttling starts if ever. Throttling begins roughly at 149f for this CPU, set the offset in the config.

155f for GPU throttling. Basically 150ish for both聽馃槅

25 minutes ago, vf1000ride said:

Enabled it. Panel stays on top of all programs. But not in game, damn.

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, Bender Blues said:

Enabled it. Panel stays on top of all programs. But not in game, damn.

Well, half fixed.聽 I would say to see then if the game has a setting like the other folks mentioned to leave it in windowed mode instead of fullscreen. That might get the last piece of the puzzle.

Here's what mine looks like running on an older Logitech G19 keyboard display just for comparison to what yours is set up as.

IMG_20201104_191756290.jpg

6 hours ago, vf1000ride said:

Well, half fixed.聽 I would say to see then if the game has a setting like the other folks mentioned to leave it in windowed mode instead of fullscreen. That might get the last piece of the puzzle.

Here's what mine looks like running on an older Logitech G19 keyboard display just for comparison to what yours is set up as.

IMG_20201104_191756290.jpg

OK, will try that, last piece of the puzzle! Your setup looks fantastic, nicely done.

Not any idea here.... but the creators of this excellent tool, would it take a miracle to update it to maybe have an option for in-game overlay, full screen?

I'm assuming its been mentioned or thought of, just found it kinda odd that such an excellent piece of software like this doesn't have that last little golden nugget.

Cheers!!