Nokia's Pureview Camera Expert joins Apple

Ari Partinen, Nokia’s expert who worked on the Lumia PureView imaging technology has joined Apple, presumably to work on the iPhone’s camera.

This is what he had to say:

8FlsS.png

This is going to make Apple's cameras even more better than before, considering the iPhone 5s' already amazing camera with Dual-Tone flash and enhanced sensor for capturing more light.

Source

The 5S camera is alright, it isn't amazing. I use one, I'd take the 1020/1520 over it in a heartbeat. 

Dual tone flash was also a nice gimmick. 

The 5S camera is alright, it isn't amazing. I use one, I'd take the 1020/1520 over it in a heartbeat. 

Dual tone flash was also a nice gimmick. 

Of course it's good. Granted it's not up to par with the Lumias but it certainly is no slouch. Also the Dual Tone Flash is no gimmick, it works unlike the myriad of gimmicks on Samsung Galaxy phones.

Of course it's good. Granted it's not up to par with the Lumias but it certainly is no slouch. Also the Dual Tone Flash is no gimmick, it works unlike the myriad of gimmicks on Samsung Galaxy phones.

I would take a larger sensor and better optics with better OIS every single day of the week over a dual tone flash that really doesn't help things. 

Just cause it has a flash doesn't mean its particularly useful. The user still needs to know how to use a flash, and most people really don't at all. 

I would take a larger sensor and better optics with better OIS every single day of the week over a dual tone flash that really doesn't help things. 

Just cause it has a flash doesn't mean its particularly useful. The user still needs to know how to use a flash, and most people really don't at all.

You obviously haven't used an iPhone before. The dual flash does help in low light conditions. It brings out more truer colours as opposed to a single flash light. Like I said, the Lumias are very good for their cameras, and the 5s is no slouch. They increased the sensor size on the 5s to capture more light, and also increased the size of each pixel. They pay attention to these details instead of slapping in more and more MP in the camera, like Samsung does.

You don't need to know how to use the flash. It works automatically.

You obviously haven't used an iPhone before. The dual flash does help in low light conditions. It brings out more truer colours as opposed to a single flash light. Like I said, the Lumias are very good for their cameras, and the 5s is no slouch. They increased the sensor size on the 5s to capture more light, and also increased the size of each pixel. They pay attention to these details instead of slapping in more and more MP in the camera, like Samsung does.

You don't need to know how to use the flash. It works automatically.

I've used plenty of iPhones...

All the dual flash is doing is the same thing I do when I slap a filter over my strobe and then manually fettle the white balance to what I need. It isn't something magical or revolutionary. Easier to access for the average user sure, but this isn't something groundbreaking and game changing. 

And yes, there is an actual technique to using flashes. It doesn't just "work". People who use it that way end up with crap photos. Using flashes is just as big an art as using the camera itself. 

I've used plenty of iPhones...

All the dual flash is doing is the same thing I do when I slap a filter over my strobe and then manually fettle the white balance to what I need. It isn't something magical or revolutionary. Easier to access for the average user sure, but this isn't something groundbreaking and game changing. 

And yes, there is an actual technique to using flashes. It doesn't just "work". People who use it that way end up with crap photos. Using flashes is just as big an art as using the camera itself. 

An iPhone is not about thinking how to do things or tinkering with settings as such, it's just doing those things.

An iPhone is not about thinking how to do things or tinkering with settings as such, it's just doing those things.

OH! Well, thanks for explaining what it is the iPhone was created for, i had no idea.

/end sarcasm

Seriously though, just because the dual flash is "useful" doesn't mean it is worth talking about. Simply put, we do need something revolutionary to shake things up in the phone camera department.

OH! Well, thanks for explaining what it is the iPhone was created for, i had no idea.

/end sarcasm

Seriously though, just because the dual flash is "useful" doesn't mean it is worth talking about. Simply put, we do need something revolutionary to shake things up in the phone camera department.

I never said it was "evolutionary" or "revolutionary". I just said it was good, that's all.