Apple suspended production of M2 Chips due to falling demand for Macs

DuckDodgers
On 5/3/2023 at 7:16 AM, stuckonthis said:

so the mac pro is not using an apple mac processor......I rest my case.

That's a weak case to rest on... it hasn't been updated since 2019, of course a device released before Apple silicon started getting used isn't using Apple silicon...

Technically a 2015 macbook isn't using Apple silicon either...

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/6/2023 at 5:03 PM, Arika S said:

That's a weak case to rest on... it hasn't been updated since 2019, of course a device released before Apple silicon started getting used isn't using Apple silicon...

Not really don't you see apple has no real hardware of it's own? I thought they actually did have their own processor at one point.

17 hours ago, stuckonthis said:

Not really don't you see apple has no real hardware of it's own? I thought they actually did have their own processor at one point.

image.png.2622f325436ee210e8b22b68045e11a9.png

are you going to tell me these are not apple hardware? fyi, they run Apple's own in house processors, like they've been doing for ages now.

If you're gonna complain about the Mac:

image.thumb.png.daf988275d5cb8800a1927bd12fe1a44.png

All of them ARE apple hardware (minus the MacPro that no one has any real reason to get right now, even still apart from the processor and perhaps the network switches, they are wholly apple hardware), and they run Apple Silicon which again is apple's own processor…

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

28 minutes ago, Lightwreather JfromN said:

image.png.2622f325436ee210e8b22b68045e11a9.png

are you going to tell me these are not apple hardware? fyi, they run Apple's own in house processors, like they've been doing for ages now.

If you're gonna complain about the Mac:

image.thumb.png.daf988275d5cb8800a1927bd12fe1a44.png

All of them ARE apple hardware (minus the MacPro that no one has any real reason to get right now, even still apart from the processor and perhaps the network switches, they are wholly apple hardware), and they run Apple Silicon which again is apple's own processor…

"even still apart from the processor and perhaps the network switches"

Which is my point all along, anyone can create their own design.  I was talking more about the macs anyway not the phones.

16 minutes ago, stuckonthis said:

"even still apart from the processor and perhaps the network switches"

Which is again, only applicable to the Mac Pro.

17 minutes ago, stuckonthis said:

Which is my point all along, anyone can create their own design.

That does not really sound like what you said tho:

18 hours ago, stuckonthis said:

don't you see apple has no real hardware of it's own?

This implies, that Apple has made stuff entirely from others designs.

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

1 minute ago, Lightwreather JfromN said:

Which is again, only applicable to the Mac Pro.

That does not really sound like what you said tho:

This implies, that Apple has made stuff entirely from others designs.

Hardware is not about design apple are sexy when it comes to aesthetics.

3 hours ago, stuckonthis said:

Which is my point all along, anyone can create their own design.  I was talking more about the macs anyway not the phones.

Hang on so you are saying because TSMC manufacturer the SoC dies that doesn't make them Apple hardware even though they are entirely designed by Apple?

You know you have to apply this equally to AMD, Nvidia and a large selection of Intel products too right?

Further to that who do you actually think makes any OEM/ODM vendor chassis etc? Do you actually think an actual Acer factory makes the Acer computer chassis for their desktops and laptops? Do you even think Clevo does which is the ODM designer and supplier of many retail brand names you know?

I genuinely have no idea what point you are trying to make, there doesn't seem to be any logic behind it nor awareness either. 

All that really matters is if the system is Intel, AMD or Apple based. Of Apple's entire product lineup only a single product is not Apple based and that strictly applies to the CPU/SoC and nothing else about the product.

If you want to take a jab at Apple then you have some really easy options, Mac Pro Chassis cost, Mac Pro Wheels Kit cost, Apple Pro Display Stand cost.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2023 at 3:29 PM, leadeater said:

Hang on so you are saying because TSMC manufacturer the SoC dies that doesn't make them Apple hardware even though they are entirely designed by Apple?

You know you have to apply this equally to AMD, Nvidia and a large selection of Intel products too right?

Further to that who do you actually think makes any OEM/ODM vendor chassis etc? Do you actually think an actual Acer factory makes the Acer computer chassis for their desktops and laptops? Do you even think Clevo does which is the ODM designer and supplier of many retail brand names you know?

I genuinely have no idea what point you are trying to make, there doesn't seem to be any logic behind it nor awareness either. 

All that really matters is if the system is Intel, AMD or Apple based. Of Apple's entire product lineup only a single product is not Apple based and that strictly applies to the CPU/SoC and nothing else about the product.

If you want to take a jab at Apple then you have some really easy options, Mac Pro Chassis cost, Mac Pro Wheels Kit cost, Apple Pro Display Stand cost.

No I think you are missing the point or are trying to.

"All that really matters is if the system is Intel, AMD or Apple based"  yesss and an apple mac is apple based (WOW🤯 who would have thought!) so it should have an apple processor not an amd or intel.  Nvidia is a graphic card different kettle of fish. 

20 minutes ago, stuckonthis said:

yesss and an apple mac is apple based (WOW🤯 who would have thought!)

On 5/29/2023 at 5:15 AM, stuckonthis said:

chess-checkmate-meme-template.jpg

I'm not missing the point, I don't think you actually have one 🤷‍♂️

Maybe better restate what you mean since every Apple device has Apple designed and made mainboards, processors, flash storage, screens, chassis etc. Up until a few days ago one single product Apple sold had an Intel processor, just one of many. That is grounds to say Apple has no real hardware?

Apple was selling one device that is probably a rounding error on their revenue and now their ENTIRE product portfolio is not Apple hardware? That is a wrong opinion, those exist and you just gave one. 

On 5/29/2023 at 12:42 PM, stuckonthis said:

Hardware is not about design

I'm sorry what? The notion that "design" relates to what things look like visually, and nothing else, is the daftest thing I've read this century.

On 5/6/2023 at 12:03 PM, Arika S said:

(Mac Pro is now running on Apple Silicon)