LAN PC in LTT Backpack

My plan is to condense my existing PC into a small form factor to fit into the LTT Backpack for easy airplane carry-on transporting. 

This will be my first small build. I usually build in mid-towers just for the extra space when trying to fit things in without having to consider space constraints. I'm working with a Ryzen 3800x and EVGA 3080 FTW3 ultra gaming. 

I'm planning to buy a mini-ITX motherboard. I assume finding one that is AM4 won't be a problem. I will also need a small power supply, any recommendations for either of those are appreciated. 

What I'm really worried about is finding a case that fits all of these into a small enough package to fit comfortably into the backpack with all of the travel accessories that usually accompany anyone traveling along with a monitor and keyboard. The will monitor probably be the biggest issue, how long until the folding ones are travel/gaming focused?

Has anyone else done anything like this? If not it would be a cool video idea. 

I don't own a backpack or have any idea of it's dimensions internally but you could start by looking into whether a Corsair One PC would fit inside.

That would be a great starting point with dimensions, then you can start looking into different itx cases that are close to the dimensions of the CorsairOne.

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Systems/CORSAIR-ONE/CORSAIR-ONE-Compact-Gaming-PC/p/CS-9020031-PE

I would recommend a portable monitor to save a pile of space on that front, low profile keyboard can also save you a few inches. What backpack are you using, just so we know the dimensions? Having an almost 12" GPU is going to cause a lot of your space problems moreso than fitting it into a backpack. You could pack the GPU separately beside the PC, my friend has done that before.

Have you tried restarting it?

I'm well into the process of doing exactly this, but with a backpack I already have, instead of an LTT backpack. For monitors, the best portable option I found is the Viotek 22 inch 144hz display. It's 19.3 inches by 11.8 inches, so I'm not sure if that fits the LTT bag or not. It just sqeezes into mine https://www.walmart.com/ip/Franklin-Sports-MLB-Traveler-Plus-Baseball-Backpack-Bag-Softball-Stores-Batting-Glove-Helmet-Cleats-More-Water-Resistant-Youth-Premium-Batpack-Black/975011904 . Viewing angles aren't great, but it supports freesync/gsync well, and has almost no blur. You can get these for less than $100 at times. There are some 16" 240hz 2.5k displays that are under $100 too, but I can't speak to how good they are for gaming. Check mercari for those portable style laptop monitors. There is one seller in particular who sells a LOT of them, both new and open box, very cheap, often accepting offers even lower than their asking price. 

For the case, the biggest limiting factor will be your GPU. Size and power requirements are both going to be an issue for you if you want to use that 3080. The Hyte Revolt 3 would be the first thing I'd look at. Your card will fit, but to be able to close up the panels you will need inexpensive little adapters that route the PCIe power cables to the back of your GPU. There's a version of the case that includes a 700w PSU, which is what I'd look for, as that can be a very expensive component in its own. Look around too, as I've seen the case with the PSU together come up for $129 a couple times over the past month from newegg etc.

If you're looking for the smallest possible cases for a given GPU size, this is a good resource: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1AddRvGWJ_f4B6UC7_IftDiVudVc8CJ8sxLUqlxVsCz4/htmlview#

Just remember that an SFX or Flex power supply that can handle your 3080 is going to be quite expensive. In my case I bought a cheap small RX 6600 XT to keep things as small and inexpensive as possible, and my system with that and my 10900k never goes over 250w from the wall while gaming, so I could use a $20 1u server psu and cheap $50 6 liter case

Just did a test fit of the whole setup in my backpack. First pic is everything (system, 22" monitor, peripherals etc) all packed into a 20" x 13" by 8" bag. I'm using the desk pad to protect the screen side if the monitor a bit, combined with a rigid panel at the bottom of the bag.

Second pic is those same contents set up. I'm probably going to fab a VESA mount that attaches to the top of the computer to save space and lift the screen up higher. That computer case is the Dream Case D21 (non-pro), so you can extrapolate how much room a bigger case might take up in your bag. With this one there's plenty of extra room for merch, illicit snacks etc

20230404_123144.jpg

20230404_123938.jpg