Uninstall win10 default driver for wifi antenna, how??

TacosBurritos

Greetings!
I'm trying to make this dumb TL-WN8200ND V1 wireless usb adapter to work with Windows 10, it keeps losing the signal every 3-5 minutes and disconnecting so i have to "fix" the connection with win10 help again and again.
The V1 is not fully compatible with windows 10 not like the v2 and v3 models.

this is the website for the tl wn8200nd adapter
https://www.tp-link.com/mx/support/download/tl-wn8200nd/v1/#Driver

I've been looking around and one possible solution would be installing the windows 8 driver (according to some other people with the same issue) BUT windows 10 installs a default, generic driver and i have no idea how to get rid of that, there is no option to remove the driver while uninstalling the adapter and everytime i restart, windows keeps installing the same driver.

I thought "hmm maybe i can locate the win10 driver for this device in system32 folder and just delete and replace with the win8 driver"  but some people advice not touching system32 drivers not even this one from "realtek"

Yet TP-LINK advice deleting the driver in system32 (this is for another tplink product tho) https://www.tp-link.com/es/support/faq/861/

Any suggestions? ima buy a new antenna if i can't fix this but i truly want to save some money and make it work, thx for the help!!

21 minutes ago, TacosBurritos said:

Greetings!
I'm trying to make this dumb TL-WN8200ND V1 wireless usb adapter to work with Windows 10, it keeps losing the signal every 3-5 minutes and disconnecting so i have to "fix" the connection with win10 help again and again.
The V1 is not fully compatible with windows 10 not like the v2 and v3 models.

this is the website for the tl wn8200nd adapter
https://www.tp-link.com/mx/support/download/tl-wn8200nd/v1/#Driver

I've been looking around and one possible solution would be installing the windows 8 driver (according to some other people with the same issue) BUT windows 10 installs a default, generic driver and i have no idea how to get rid of that, there is no option to remove the driver while uninstalling the adapter and everytime i restart, windows keeps installing the same driver.

I thought "hmm maybe i can locate the win10 driver for this device in system32 folder and just delete and replace with the win8 driver"  but some people advice not touching system32 drivers not even this one from "realtek"

Yet TP-LINK advice deleting the driver in system32 (this is for another tplink product tho) https://www.tp-link.com/es/support/faq/861/

Any suggestions? ima buy a new antenna if i can't fix this but i truly want to save some money and make it work, thx for the help!!

Are you using this in a desktop or laptop?

If its a desktop, you'd be far better off getting an Intel AX200 or AX210 based PCIe card, if you have a spare slot, as they work much better than USB devices.

Either way, you'd likely be better off with something newer as that adapter is old so its not going to perform particularly well.  It only supports the slower 2.4Ghz WiFi band.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

Try this:

Go to Settings > System > About > System Protection

Click on the Hardware Tab

Click on Device Installation Settings

Select No and then Save Changes

Click Ok

You should be able to uninstall without Windows reinstalling the driver.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/3/2023 at 7:15 AM, Lurick said:

Try this:

Go to Settings > System > About > System Protection

Click on the Hardware Tab

Click on Device Installation Settings

Select No and then Save Changes

Click Ok

You should be able to uninstall without Windows reinstalling the driver.

Sorry for the late reply but that doesn't work, Windows 10 doesn't give a fk and sorry for the language but im already pissed off with this OS.

I doesn't let me uninstall it's own shtty antena driver and now i want to get rid of windows default audio driver so i can install the one from realtek and get access to realtek panel and equalizer... nope, windows keeps reinstalling same bs microsoft driver no matter how many times i uninstall it and going to system protection then to device installation settings does absolutely nothing. No matter what windows won't let me install a different driver.

8 hours ago, TacosBurritos said:

Sorry for the late reply but that doesn't work, Windows 10 doesn't give a fk and sorry for the language but im already pissed off with this OS.

I doesn't let me uninstall it's own shtty antena driver and now i want to get rid of windows default audio driver so i can install the one from realtek and get access to realtek panel and equalizer... nope, windows keeps reinstalling same bs microsoft driver no matter how many times i uninstall it and going to system protection then to device installation settings does absolutely nothing. No matter what windows won't let me install a different driver.

Why does the v1 not fully work? I tried once ancient tp link adapter and the drivers were working fine on w11