Power/current throttle problems i9 11900KF

smieL

Hello everyone,

So, I just bought a new pre build ( yes I know ) because I didn't want to build it myself. I have these powerthrottle issue's and I do think the problem is my motherboard. It is a Gigabyte H510M-K and I think the 11900KF is just to powerful for it I think. My question is can I solve this tinkering in the bios with the voltages or should I just get a completely different motherboard? I have made a video of Intel Extreme Utility monitoring while running a cinebench test. You can find it here: 

If you need any more info let me know, I just did not know what exactly would be relevant besides this.

oh, wow:

That is not a lot of power deliver for a 11900k.  
Sadly I'm not too surprised that it's power throttling.  I don't think you're gonna fix that.  

3 minutes ago, tkitch said:

oh, wow:

That is not a lot of power deliver for a 11900k.  
Sadly I'm not too surprised that it's power throttling.  I don't think you're gonna fix that.  

Sadly this is what I tought already. You think a B560M board would do the trick? This is what the company I bought it from offered to replace it with.

16 minutes ago, smieL said:

Hello everyone,

So, I just bought a new pre build ( yes I know ) because I didn't want to build it myself. I have these powerthrottle issue's and I do think the problem is my motherboard. It is a Gigabyte H510M-K and I think the 11900KF is just to powerful for it I think. My question is can I solve this tinkering in the bios with the voltages or should I just get a completely different motherboard? I have made a video of Intel Extreme Utility monitoring while running a cinebench test. You can find it here: 

If you need any more info let me know, I just did not know what exactly would be relevant besides this.

Unfortunately, all of 11th gen was DoA because they functionally took 10nm designed architecture and upscaled it to 14nm. Its just not a great product and was generally worse than its 10th gen equivalent. 12th gen and 13th gen are pretty good, miles better than 11th gen.

Ryzen 7950x3D PBO +200MHz / -15mV curve CPPC in 'prefer cache'

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+1000

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

2 minutes ago, Agall said:

Unfortunately, all of 11th gen was DoA because they functionally took 10nm designed architecture and upscaled it to 14nm. Its just not a great product and was generally worse than its 10th gen equivalent. 12th gen and 13th gen are pretty good, miles better than 11th gen.

Maybe I made a mistake but looking at my old pc this was a great upgrade for a great price, the 11th gen performance is not bothering me to much as I had a ryzen 5 1600x before this. All I want to figure out is if I can fix this power issue or just let the company send me a B560M board.

19 minutes ago, smieL said:

Sadly this is what I tought already. You think a B560M board would do the trick? This is what the company I bought it from offered to replace it with.

Not likely. There are a couple that might live with an 11900K, but there are some Z590 boards that would struggle with it, let alone a B560M board designed around an 11400F. 

8 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Not likely. There are a couple that might live with an 11900K, but there are some Z590 boards that would struggle with it, let alone a B560M board designed around an 11400F. 

So this is just the typical pre build fuckery I guess.. This thing was paired with a 4070Ti. I might just send it back take my money and build it myself then. 😞

9 minutes ago, smieL said:

So this is just the typical pre build fuckery I guess.. This thing was paired with a 4070Ti. I might just send it back take my money and build it myself then. 😞

I'd you've got the option to send it back and rebuild it with something like a 13600K instead, do that

3 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

I'd you've got the option to send it back and rebuild it with something like a 13600K instead, do that

Luckely by law in the Netherlands I have 14 days to return it and get my money back. I will do this and just not be lazy. Thank you all for the advice 😄 

46 minutes ago, smieL said:

which b650m?

10 minutes ago, smieL said:

Luckely by law in the Netherlands I have 14 days to return it and get my money back. I will do this and just not be lazy. Thank you all for the advice 😄 

this is probably smartest.  That build was bad, and if they're willing to sell that to customers?  Don't trust them. 

So an FYI:
11th Gen is a bad purchase in 2023, unless you're getting a /deal/ on the build.

11th to 12th gen was the biggest single-generation bump we've seen in YEARS, and now 13th gen has been out for 6 months.  

11th gen is old, and comparitively bad tech.  It's not what I'd look at right now. 

So, a quick unexpected update:

They offered me to trade the current system for this:

Offered system:

CPU: Amd Ryzen 7 7700X

GPU: RTX4070Ti

Motherboard: Asus Prime X670 P

16GB DDR 5

Current system:

CPU: 11900K

GPU: RTX4070Ti

Motherboard: H510M K
16GB DDR4

I payed €1750 euro's for the current system and they want me to pay them €100 more for the trade. Is this worth it or should I take my money back and still build it myself?