Gigabyte Control Center

Hi all,

I've intalled the Gigabyte Control Center a few times, with a few updates apart.

I'd like to see and be able to adapt my fan curve, but it still doesn't seem to work or recognize my Gigabyte OC 3070.

What could be going on? Or how else could i change my fan curves?

image_2023-03-27_230055579.png

Gigabyte's software is notoriously some of the worst. You're better off using MSI Afterburner if you need to control fan curves like it sounds like you want to. Yes it's made by MSI, but it works on any GPU from ASUS to Zotac. 

13 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Gigabyte's software is notoriously some of the worst. You're better off using MSI Afterburner if you need to control fan curves like it sounds like you want to. Yes it's made by MSI, but it works on any GPU from ASUS to Zotac. 

I'm using some coolermaster software and compared to that the Gigabyte software looks like a work of art. 😄

But seriously yes the Gigabyte software isn't the best but I've never had any issues with it. When I have RAM that had lighting it worked fine with the software (until the RAM crapped out) and it controls the lighting on my Gigabyte MB without issue. Never had a Gigabyte GPU so can't comment on how well the software works with that. But Ronothan mentioned there are other options such as MSI afterburner you can use instead.

26 minutes ago, Zomeguy said:

I'm using some coolermaster software and compared to that the Gigabyte software looks like a work of art. 😄

But seriously yes the Gigabyte software isn't the best but I've never had any issues with it. When I have RAM that had lighting it worked fine with the software (until the RAM crapped out) and it controls the lighting on my Gigabyte MB without issue. Never had a Gigabyte GPU so can't comment on how well the software works with that. But Ronothan mentioned there are other options such as MSI afterburner you can use instead.

Meanwhile I've had Gigabyte's RGB software just not control RGB lights on motherboards before. No matter what it's set to, it'll be rainbow. Their software may look good to you (I'm not that big a fan of the UI but it's personal preference), but in terms of actually using it it's super clunky, slow, and buggy. Their other software like Control Center and Tweak Launcher are arguably the worst motherboard utilities out there, super buggy and barely functional. Granted, most motherboard software sucks, but Gigabyte's is generally some of the worst you can get. 

Not saying I'm against Gigabyte boards, the X570 Master is arguably my favorite AM4 board (only competition are X570S Ace Max and X570 Dark) and I'd love to have a Tachyon for my collection, but I also know that aside from GTL XP edition there's no software of theirs that I'd actually want to have running on my system at all.