Another day, another problem

Pumim

Hey guys! I'm kinda lost here. So I've built my own PC, been using it fairly amount of hours, suddenly in a game of League of legends everything freezes. Can't close the game, computers not reacting. I press on/off on PC until it shuts down. When I try to boot I see the starting logo (in my case ROG logo) where im able to go into BIOS, but after that screen goes black. When I go into bios and out the PC figures out its some corrupted windows files. I reinstalled from cloud and few days later the same issue happens. Also when playing League of legends.

What could cause this issue? I've done Memtest86 but no fails.

Corrupted Windows files can be caused by a variety of reasons such as sudden power outage, power surge, complete system crash, mismatched versions, updating errors. In your case, it could be due to a corrupted or missing game file which can crash games very easily. It could also be due to faulty hard disk. You mentioned that you have done Memtest86 but no fails. It could also be due to outdated or corrupted drivers which can cause your system to crash when playing games.

Not sure if this answers your question.

39 minutes ago, Soundbored said:

Corrupted Windows files can be caused by a variety of reasons such as sudden power outage, power surge, complete system crash, mismatched versions, updating errors. In your case, it could be due to a corrupted or missing game file which can crash games very easily. It could also be due to faulty hard disk. You mentioned that you have done Memtest86 but no fails. It could also be due to outdated or corrupted drivers which can cause your system to crash when playing games.

Not sure if this answers your question.

I'm using AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition to keep drivers updated (Ryzen CPU and AMD GPU), windows is up to date. I only have 1 SSD M2 in the PC.

Everythings fine on pcpartpicker.com. 

*Also it doesn't occur every time I play, I can play for several days without anything happening and the just one day it happens. It happened twice now, in 1 week. What fixes the PC freeze issue is reinstalling windows. Until it happens again, then I have to reinstall window again .. 

Specs:

Windows 11 PRO

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D

NZXT C-Series C750 PSU

NZXT Kraken X63 (AIO)

Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD M.2 1TB

ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming WIFI 2

Sapphire Radeon RX 6800 XT Nitro+ SE 16GB GDDR6

Corsair vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200 C16 (4x 8gb sticks)

How would I locate the fault?

On 3/24/2023 at 5:26 PM, Pumim said:

I'm using AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition to keep drivers updated (Ryzen CPU and AMD GPU), windows is up to date. I only have 1 SSD M2 in the PC.

Everythings fine on pcpartpicker.com. 

*Also it doesn't occur every time I play, I can play for several days without anything happening and the just one day it happens. It happened twice now, in 1 week. What fixes the PC freeze issue is reinstalling windows. Until it happens again, then I have to reinstall window again .. 

Specs:

Windows 11 PRO

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D

NZXT C-Series C750 PSU

NZXT Kraken X63 (AIO)

Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD M.2 1TB

ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming WIFI 2

Sapphire Radeon RX 6800 XT Nitro+ SE 16GB GDDR6

Corsair vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200 C16 (4x 8gb sticks)

How would I locate the fault?

There have been some firmware issues with your specific SSD that Samsung is aware of. There is more information below The best way to test is to eliminate possible causes so try booting with a different drive?

https://nascompares.com/2023/02/02/samsung-980-pro-970-evo-plus-pm9a1-and-more-reporting-failures-everything-we-know-so-far/

Omg, it's a signature!

49 minutes ago, My_Computer_Is_Trash said:

There have been some firmware issues with your specific SSD that Samsung is aware of. There is more information below The best way to test is to eliminate possible causes so try booting with a different drive?

https://nascompares.com/2023/02/02/samsung-980-pro-970-evo-plus-pm9a1-and-more-reporting-failures-everything-we-know-so-far/

Thank you. I will take a look into that.

Just been told there's been issues with the CPU as well. 

4 minutes ago, Pumim said:

Thank you. I will take a look into that.

Just been told there's been issues with the CPU as well. 

That is unironically very unfortunate. 😞

Omg, it's a signature!

40 minutes ago, My_Computer_Is_Trash said:

That is unironically very unfortunate. 😞

PC froze again, while in a game of league of legends. Voice chat continues to work? 

1 minute ago, Pumim said:

PC froze again, while in a game of league of legends. Voice chat continues to work? 

So people can hear you and you can hear people? Can you replicate the crash? Try doing a GPU stress test and see if it crashes. I now think it may be causing you problems.

Omg, it's a signature!

2 hours ago, My_Computer_Is_Trash said:

So people can hear you and you can hear people? Can you replicate the crash? Try doing a GPU stress test and see if it crashes. I now think it may be causing you problems.

Can you recommend a program for gpu stresstest ?

2 hours ago, My_Computer_Is_Trash said:

Cinebench

I used Cinebench for CPU. Multicore test 10minutes, temp never went above 77C

I used Heaven Benchmark 4.0 settings:

API Direct X 11

tesselation extreme

stereo 3x disabled

multi monitor disabled

anti aliasing x8

window mode

1440P

GPU junc peak 96C

I have tested the SSD with Samsung magician, no errors and firmware is latest update. 

Im starting to believe maybe it's the League Of Legends thats crashing the PC?

2 hours ago, Pumim said:

gpu stresstest

Furmark. for your GPU  it is Freeware. 

Cinebench or better Prime95 for CPU and RAM 

and if you really want to stress test your system Furmark and Prime95 at the same time. 

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite,  Ryzen 9 3900x, Dark Rock Pro 4, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix  RGB 3600 MHz CL16 RAM, RTX 3080 TI FE Watercooled, 6 Case Fans,  Fractal Design Meshify S2

You are awesome, stay safe and healthy.