Surface-Mount ATX Power Button Bracket!

Does anyone know if there's a 3d print file somewhere of a bracket to surface-mount a typical atx power button?  Or if something like this already exists for purchase?  Horrible paint mock-up included below!

ATX PB Bracket Paint Mockup v3.png

3 minutes ago, tommoose13 said:

Does anyone know if there's a 3d print file somewhere of a bracket to surface-mount a typical atx power button?  Or if something like this already exists for purchase?  Horrible paint mock-up included below!

ATX PB Bracket Paint Mockup v3.png

one of the funniest ones i found 

image.thumb.png.bfd39b4e65a6c4c3568a4bbfd57fb94d.png

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

Get calipers and design one it's not hard

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | AsRock B450M-Pro4 | Zotac GTX 3070 Ti

Shure SRH840A | Sennheiser Momentum 2 AEBT | LG C9 55"

7 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Things like this exist that should do what you want it to. 

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately, this won't do what I want it to do. I'm working on converting an old Coca-Cola fridge into a PC case and want to utilize one of the dispenser buttons as the power button, and the tiny button fits just perfectly, with room for either a glue puddle or small bracket to mount it in place. I'm hoping to avoid hot-glue to keep space available for RGB strips in close proximity. 

1 minute ago, tommoose13 said:

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately, this won't do what I want it to do. I'm working on converting an old Coca-Cola fridge into a PC case and want to utilize one of the dispenser buttons as the power button, and the tiny button fits just perfectly, with room for either a glue puddle or small bracket to mount it in place. I'm hoping to avoid hot-glue to keep space available for RGB strips in close proximity. 

What you could do is salvage the button that was already in there and just redo the wires to the PC ATX wires that you would need. It's really not that difficult to wire up, all you'd need is a donor set of front panel headers. 

5 minutes ago, tommoose13 said:

I'm just confused by this one image.thumb.png.b9720ce2c07e2791c7dc90a5b3c7f312.png

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

7 minutes ago, tommoose13 said:

Why not just use the dispenser button?

Cut the wires and connect them to onr that fit the board all you need is a short time completed circuit to trigger a boot

Just now, RONOTHAN## said:

What you could do is salvage the button that was already in there and just redo the wires to the PC ATX wires that you would need. It's really not that difficult to wire up, all you'd need is a donor set of front panel headers. 

That's a great idea!  Unfortunately, there is no electrical button to salvage; the original setup had 6 push-buttons on the front that pushed a plastic mechanical button that dropped drinks down.  All that's left is the push-buttons in the door front, and I need to get a switch behind one of them.

Pictures below of what I'm working with.  Red door closes onto thin white piece beside it with small holes where drink dispensers used to be.  Push posts embedded would push the small switch if mounted in one of those holes perfectly.

IMG_1306.jpg

IMG_1304.jpg

10 minutes ago, tommoose13 said:

That's a great idea!  Unfortunately, there is no electrical button to salvage; the original setup had 6 push-buttons on the front that pushed a plastic mechanical button that dropped drinks down.  All that's left is the push-buttons in the door front, and I need to get a switch behind one of them.

Pictures below of what I'm working with.  Red door closes onto thin white piece beside it with small holes where drink dispensers used to be.  Push posts embedded would push the small switch if mounted in one of those holes perfectly.

IMG_1306.jpg

IMG_1304.jpg

Got it, that makes sense. Right about now is when I wish Radio Shack was still a thing, odds are you could just head in there and find the exact switch that you needed as well as some sort of mounting bracket in there as well. 

What are the dimensions of those holes? Finding one of the screw on momentary switches is still likely going to be the easiest idea, both in terms of ease of installation and actually being able to find them, and while yes, you'd have to super glue a peg in there to get it to work with the stock Coke buttons, it still should be OK. 

52 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Got it, that makes sense. Right about now is when I wish Radio Shack was still a thing, odds are you could just head in there and find the exact switch that you needed as well as some sort of mounting bracket in there as well. 

What are the dimensions of those holes? Finding one of the screw on momentary switches is still likely going to be the easiest idea, both in terms of ease of installation and actually being able to find them, and while yes, you'd have to super glue a peg in there to get it to work with the stock Coke buttons, it still should be OK. 

If only RadioShack were an option!  The holes are 7mm in diameter.  I am really hoping to find something similar in size to the switch I originally pictured, idea being to make it invisible from the window beside if possible.

8 minutes ago, tommoose13 said:

If only RadioShack were an option!  The holes are 7mm in diameter.  I am really hoping to find something similar in size to the switch I originally pictured, idea being to make it invisible from the window beside if possible.

https://www.amazon.com/Solder-Free-Momentary-Normally-Terminals-Included/dp/B07DD245FV

These might just do the trick. They need to be screwed in place, but odds are with something like that you wouldn't be able to see them anyway. 

33 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

https://www.amazon.com/Solder-Free-Momentary-Normally-Terminals-Included/dp/B07DD245FV

These might just do the trick. They need to be screwed in place, but odds are with something like that you wouldn't be able to see them anyway. 

Genius!  I happen to have one of these laying around and it test-fits the hole perfectly.  Only one problem, the door closes flat against the thin panel, so the switch needs to be flush with the hole...  😕

IMG_1308.jpg

Well, @mononymous you may be right.  Took me a couple hours to figure out how to use it since I have zero CAD experience, but I downloaded fusion360 and discovered my local library provides 3d printing services. Made flush mount v1 (pictured below) and will follow up in this thread with how the print goes once I pick it up from them.  Once I have a model that works I'll attach it here in case others want to use it!

ATX Power Button Flush Mount v1.png

Got calipers same day as the print arrived, I was off by 1mm on the spacing.  Sandpaper fixed mine, but I updated the CAD file to fit correctly, and extended the bridge piece to the one side, since only one side needs the indent for the wires.  Attached STL and F3D files in case anyone wants to use or edit this design!

ATX Power button Flush Mount v3 PNG.png

ATX Power Button Flush Mount v3.stl ATX Power Button Flush Mount v3.f3d

4 hours ago, tommoose13 said:

Got calipers same day as the print arrived, I was off by 1mm on the spacing.  Sandpaper fixed mine, but I updated the CAD file to fit correctly, and extended the bridge piece to the one side, since only one side needs the indent for the wires.  Attached STL and F3D files in case anyone wants to use or edit this design

Post the files on printables, thangs etc. Welcome to the world of prototyping with 3d printers. 

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | AsRock B450M-Pro4 | Zotac GTX 3070 Ti

Shure SRH840A | Sennheiser Momentum 2 AEBT | LG C9 55"