This should be illegal… PC Audio Product Scam

HC_writes
4 hours ago, papajo said:

Like do you live in some sort of inception like in a dream within a dream within a dream ?

Do you? Because we're still waiting for that backpack link you claim you had. As to why I bring it up, you're basically doing the same thing here.

Not going to bother responding to flame bait bit, so see you in a couple of paragraphs.

4 hours ago, papajo said:

So even at that thing I proved (again without needing to do so because it is totally out of the point ) that you are wrong by simply posting this pdf and also showing a part of it as a screenshot which basically 100% confirms what I said about this out of the point semantic you tried to tackle in order to go agaist me... 

Like it is obvious that you do not really know anything about this stuff but in what sense you dared even imagine you "called me out" I mean cant you read simple English like "Power noise Improvement with DBI enabled" ??  

And here we are back, to get to the point: Xilinx calls DBI opportunistic for a reason, you cannot assume that power noise reduction is guaranteed, nor is it consistent, and the effects on bus performance and power performance are also heavily driver design dependent, so drawing a general conclusion is already quite dangerous to begin with. And then we haven't gotten to the part where the DRAM chip is sitting directly next to the FPGA, while in reality it's sitting over on a strip of PCB quite far away - which dramatically changes the supply impedances and voltage differences you're going to see.

But to continue, the measured effects on jitter are heavily confounded with multiple other factors, like one of the largest factors contributing to jitter is pattern derived skew, which basically means that if you have a bus that the lanes affect each other - basically the rise/fall time of a signal depends on the state of the signals around them and the layout of the board. This is easily one of the biggest contributing factors to jitter, and DBI has a major effect on it, but again the actual performance increase gained would heavily depend on what you're trying to transmit on said bus. So just casually contributing everything measured there to the effect on the power draw and the impedance is sketchy at best, and was hopefully covered in thorough detail in the actual talk. So when you contribute all this improvement to DBI's inconsistent effect on the power draw, while it actually has a massive influence on what is surprisingly often the primary driver of jitter, sorry, but I'm going to call you out on that one.

This skew is also why I hinted at board manufacturers using ADS versus just trusting Altium's DRC to do a good enough job, ADS is one of the few software packages that will allow you to properly model and simulate the behaviour of such a bus with a good chance of matching reality, but it's extremely expensive. It can also help you optimize the impedance of the individual lanes in the bus over a wide frequency range, which also heavily affects jitter by limiting the reflections. Which is why I stated that it is most likely the primary factor in which operational frequencies your memory can achieve on your motherboard. And may your deity of choice have mercy on whoever decides to design a motherboard using Mentor Graphics software, but that would actually be off-topic. And if you wish to know more about jitter, I urge you to read the application notes from the likes of Analog Devices/Linear on the subject, they try to explain what actually causes it and through which mechanisms.

5 hours ago, xnamkcor said:

In general, my solution is a reliable digital signal and a remote receiver that acts as a DAC.

Which is actually a decent solution if this is actually a problem, and something typically done in truly noisy environments when working with DAQ systems.

And as to why I am saying impedance matters with these microphones is quite simple. The amplifier driving the ADC inside the computer has a given input impedance, the output of the microphone or its amplifier also has a given impedance. Depending on these values and the connection between the two you're going to be susceptible to particular noise coupling modes. And if you think this is beside the point, that's your choice.

2 hours ago, ImorallySourcedElectrons said:

And here we are back, to get to the point: Xilinx calls DBI opportunistic for a reason, you cannot assume that power noise reduction is guaranteed, nor is it consistent,

Besides that you dont understand anything of this you are not convincing anyone with basic understanding on the premis with that spam wall of irrelevant excuses you just wasted time on typing... 

But we agree in the bold part of your post "And here we are back"

Missed the point - Album on Imgur

The point: power noise filtering can lead to better OC

What you just read:  DBI was a reference in where we can witness that if power noise is filtered (and that it can be even at DDR4 tolerances) the signal gets better allowing for higher percentage of successful validation during training (boot) 

EDIT:

P.S I didnt want to get into the wall of excuses but I couldnt hold my self responding on a particular thing you dont understand and that you mentioned it before as well .. if you have 4 bits the possible combinations are 2^4 (16) 

Out f those 16 combinations one is with all four bits being 0 (zero is good cause when we flip it turns to 1 which saves power) 
and four of those combinations have  one 0 

so 16 - 4 - 1 = 11 combinations have at least 2 zeroes or more

So the chances of at least half of them being 0 (so two bits 0)  is 11/16 = 0.68 or in other words 68% 

If the bits are 5 then it is about 82% 

So yea that "opportunistic" doesnt mean "rare" it means that it is not a constant but rather a depended variable and given the practically infinite sequence of sets of bits that go "through" ram (e.g if it is 3200Mhz it means that 3200 transfers of 128 bits take place every second and if we assume hours of working time every day for years then it adds up considerably ) 

On 3/14/2023 at 6:12 PM, papajo said:

remember him making is comparing blue yeti mics that cost 400+++ and all are garbage btw (For the price at least)

I have used one they are decent I Wouldn't daily one.

On 3/14/2023 at 6:12 PM, papajo said:

much better while they all had the same size diaphragm lol and all sounded the same...

One thing I have learned you pay alot for a little change to sound better, I remember a streamer using one of those and thought it good enough cant recall if it sounded like the yeti...

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang