Are These Mouse Skates/Feet Still Useable?

Hi,

I had to remove skates and now left with curled ones as well as remainder of glue. 

Can these skates be straightened back and still useable or I need to order new ones? Either way I will need to get double-sided scotch tape regardless.

razer-abyssus-skates.jpg.513d19dc359c8666826e9000eb4aef66.jpg

razer-abyssus-mouse-no-skates.jpg.5e92fbc10dd2f8bc6e778a7eccb8bed0.jpg

Also how do I remove that glue? Will I feel any difference considering I use that mouse in office environment?

Thanks

3 minutes ago, TechnicGeek said:

Hi,

I had to remove skates and now left with curled ones as well as remainder of glue. 

Can these skates be still useable or I need to order new ones? Either way I will need to get double-sided scotch tape regardless.

razer-abyssus-skates.jpg.513d19dc359c8666826e9000eb4aef66.jpg

razer-abyssus-mouse-no-skates.jpg.5e92fbc10dd2f8bc6e778a7eccb8bed0.jpg

Also how do I remove that glue? Will I feel any difference considering I use that mouse in office environment?

Thanks

Try using Isopropyl Alcohol + Some scrubbing to remove the glue residue.

Those skates is pretty much still usable, just don't expect a flawless performance out of them like they are new or something.

Should be fine for just office use.

Heat it a bit with hot air to make it more pliable, once they are more straightened, apply double tape if needed (sometimes the adhesive already on them still good to use after being heated).

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

14 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Those skates is pretty much still usable, just don't expect a flawless performance out of them like they are new or something.

Should be fine for just office use.

Maybe I should just discard them? What difference would skates make? Even new skates. Frankly I don't notice the difference from mice that were manufactured without skates.

37 minutes ago, TechnicGeek said:

Maybe I should just discard them? What difference would skates make? Even new skates. Frankly I don't notice the difference from mice that were manufactured without skates.

Skateless is bad for a mouse base. In extremes theyll warp your base, making it very wobbly. I highly recommend you get skates for your mouse, doesnt need to be teflon-based like whats common now thanks to Corepads and Esports Tiger, just basic OEM grade skates or even generic circle skates are fine. Just make sure theyre on similar thickness +-.5mm, so they dont mess with the mouse sensor's liftoff distance.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

2 hours ago, TechnicGeek said:

You mean difference between skated and skateless?

In a nutshell:

Skated glides better & smoother.

Skateless may lead to scratched table, and may snag alot if you are using some type of cloth based mousepad

Just buy a cheap DIY one since its for office use. You gotta cut it to shape yourself, but you get more to use in the long run.

Example: https://images.app.goo.gl/DHpT42TmfT1jDpEj6

Should be like $2 to $5 for 10cm x 7cm skate, Amazon or Aliexpress is your friend.

Use the old one to make a template, use the template to cut the new one into shape.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

Just get any new ones.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |