Non-violent Video Games

cae

Looking through my Steam library, I realized I only have one non-violent video game - Antichamber. Do you think there's a reason that violent video games seem to be more popular? Are there non-violent video games you'd like to see more of? Please share your findings.  :)

I like to play FIFA to build up hatred and disgust against humanity.

works 10/10.

violent video games are great for the "mission acomplished" feeling.

killing 200 enemies in a row gives you that feeling. ^^

but then again, beating an oponent in FIFA is as, or even more rewarding IMO.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

if you think about it, the majority of games focus on things you cannot do in the real world, like being a dog for example. Violence, killing, stealing etc are all things that are not allowed in the real world, so it's probably that people want to do things they can't do normally without causing any problems. 

There are some games I would actually prefer without violence, or at least without player combat, such as Mirror's Edge. The combat was the worst part of that game, and I would have liked them to just have not included it at all. Just being able to run from enemies would have been better in my opinion. 

I don't think a game has to be violent to be fun and engaging, it just so happens my favorite games are violent at times :D

Games are fun if they are fun, violence has nothing to do with it...

" If you don't hand your homework In, I might have find where you live and break your House." <<-- Mr Leat, 2013

I don't think violence has any correlation to how engaging a game is. I think some games are violent and engaging, others are not violent and engaging, and others are not engaging at all.

Portal for instance is not particularly violent but it is one of my favorite games. Half Life 2 which is very violent is also very engaging but both games are extremely fun.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

roller coaster tycoon 1 2 3 was fun as a child 

I don't think violent video games make video games more popular. Violence isn't the selling factor to me at least.... 

Playing(lol reading) a VN called WORLD END ECONOMiCA at the moment.... popularity of the game depends on the content more than anything, or at least that's what I think. 

If the game brings something new to the table then interest is naturally garnered~

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

It depends on what you classify as a "violent game". Is super Mario violent? Is Pokemon violent? Is Recettear violent (it's about owning a shop but you can gather stuff to sell by going into dungeons and killing cartooney monsters)?

Some of the name non-violent games I really enjoy:

Portal isn't violent and it's awesome.

Game Dev Tycoon is pretty fun (although it gets repetitive fairly quickly)

SimCity 4 was fantastic.

I've spent an unhealthy amount of time in The Sims 2.

I really like Test Drive Unlimited 2.

Beavis and Butt-Head Golf was really funny.

Playing Rock Band at 4AM in the morning with some your sleep depraved friends is pretty hilarious.

Edit: I can't believe I forgot Roller coaster Tycoon.

I like pinball games more than I like TF2, it depends on the game.

Euro Truck Sim 2

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

I would just like to note.

Mario Party with cheap AI frustrates me considerably more than every single FPS I've ever played, even counting cheap deaths in Arma2. :P

mini puzzle games are fun

eg:tiny theif

a ninja always breath slowly :ph34r:

Details separate people.

Don't Tap The White Tile. Yes really.

PC: 5600x @ 4.85GHz // RTX 3080 Eagle OC // 16GB Trident Z Neo  // Corsair RM750X // MSI B550M Mortar Wi-Fi // Noctua NH-D15S // Cooler Master NR400 // Samsung 50QN90A // Logitech G305 // Corsair K65 // Corsair Virtuoso //

Euro Truck Sim 2

What? If you fail what happens? You die! VIOLENCE!

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

All games are violent, if you don't think so then you need to rethink your definition of violence, and just because there is no blood or guns does not make the game un-violent. Take Chess as an example, you kill your opponents pieces by wiping/taking them off the board. Imagine if someone took someone from your family, is that non-violent?

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

I own:

Portal

AAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAa For the awesome

Sim City 4

Flight Simulator X

Papers Please

What? If you fail what happens? You die! VIOLENCE!

Wait, you can fail and die???

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Depends on the game and your definition of "violence".

I do find many non-violent games to be fun/engaging, but the same can be said about many violent games, might not be all "fun", engaging sure, but surely if you find truly violent/gory/horror games "fun", there might be something wrong with you. On the other hand, games like Prototype, GTA, etc..., the mayhem can be tons of fun.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro