Pc wont boot if I change fan curves. Only boots after clearing cmos.

Jdball87

So i built my pc and everything was fine booted up first time and installed windows no problem. Rebooted set my xmp profile. Rebooted no problem. Worked fine for a day, until I changed my fan curves. I like my case fans running just high enough for good airflow but not high enough to be loud. 50% Sounded good to me. I wear headphones when I use the computer so I can't really hear them anyway. Saved and exited bios. Stops on boot led and asus logo screen and wont go to bios. Waited up to 45 minutes sometimes. Only thing that fixes it is clearing cmos, Loading optimized defaults in bios and enabling xmp profile. Im confused why just changing my fan speed would cause it to stop booting. The xmp was already enabled was booting fine. The only change was the fans. After I clear cmos it boots with an error about making sure vmd settings are set accordingly when you enable intel opatane memory or raid. However the only setting I change before the boot fail is the fan curve. Xmp was already enabled and booting fine and I am not using Raid. It consistently wont boot after only changing fan curves. Works fine if I don't change any fans after loading optimized defaults and renabling xmp. But it would be nice to be able to set my fans the way I would like to. Very odd that just changing the fans would cause this but that is the only change that causes it to fail to boot.

New build

Asus prime z690-A

Corsair 5200 mhz CL 40 (CMK32GX5M2B5200C40)

Rx 6800xt Power color Red Devil

Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360

WD_BLACK 1TB SN850X NVMe  (Boot Drive)

Samsung 860 EVO 1TB

Samsung 870 EVO 4TB

Windows 11 

Corsair Rm1000x power supply (Not the issue. Tested it with my other computer and everything is fine)

6 Case fans using hub with sata power. All 4 pin fans plugged in to 4 pin headers on hub. HUB Plugged in to Cha fan 2 header.

Updated to lates bios (2204) ( Was also having problem before bios update. Was hoping updated bios would fix.)

8 minutes ago, Jdball87 said:

But it would be nice to be able to set my fans the way I would like to.

I do not know why does it prevent you from booting up. However, I can recommend using this software called Fan Control which lets you adjust your fan curves independently on each other or you can let the AI do the work. With this software, you can adjust almost all of your fans and there is no need to go to the BIOS to do so.

Just now, Matttaj69 said:

I do not know why does it prevent you from booting up. However, I can recommend using this software called Fan Control which lets you adjust your fan curves independently on each other or you can let the AI do the work. With this software, you can adjust almost all of your fans and there is no need to go to the BIOS to do so.

That would probably work. Im just more concerned there might be a deeper issue with my pc if just changing the fans in the bios causes boot issues. Thanks for the suggestion though I will try it out.