LTT desk mat after around 18months of use

monx101

For the LTT desk mat, how often should we rinse this in washing machine? Anyone know how to get rid of wrinkles? I got mine around Aug/Sep of 2021 now its wrinkling at the bottom middle (just below where I place my keyboard). Planned to sell it as I downsized my desk due to I moved to a smaller room (due to rising room rental cost here in SG) but I dont think LTT have so many viewers here in Singapore. I haven't see anybody selling LTT merch in our local craigslist (app named Carousell). Wouldn't know if I can re-sell this 1.2m x .5m desk mat here.

You could use a Damp cloth or a microfiber cloth to clean a mousepad, according to some other mousepad manufacturers you can also submerge your mousepad in warm/lukewarm water with some mild dish soap. I recomend you to contact LTT store support for instruction on how to clean the mousepad without damaging it.

As for selling mousepads, I highly doubt most people would want a second hand mousepad.

My Rig: CPU : 10700K | RAM : Trident Z Neo 3600Mhz c16 32G (4x8) | CPU cooler : NHD15 | GPU : ASUS ProArt 4070 | PSU : Corsair RM850 (black label) | CASE : Corsair 5000D Airflow | Storage : Samsung 970 evo 1TB, WD Black 1TB, Samsung evo 850 Sata SSD | Casefans : Lian Li Unifan SL120 7X|

MOUSE : G Pro Wireless X superlight | Keyboard : Keychron C1- Pro-H1 Gateron Milky Reds

I got fed up with the material mouse mats as they were too finicky to try and keep clean. I instead purchased a leather writing pad for way less than a decent mouse pad, and wipes clean very easily, the mouse is smoother now too. I stuck it to my desk after testing, with some CA glue... I'll probably have to replace the entire desktop when this pad wears out eventually, but think that'll be very far in the future considering it still looks brand new after 6+ months usage. I had to cut it down to size a little (by about 10cm) as it was too wide for my setup, but was very easy using a craft knife and a straight edge, then rounded off the corners a bit to match the front edge. Cost me £14 approx

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

Due to material of mousepads, you can't completely clean them with domestic methods. You can clean the fabric cover, but not the rubber-silicone bottom. Some of the sweat, oils and other dirt will seep into that bottom part and stay there. So not ideal for 2nd hand sales.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, paddy-stone said:

I got fed up with the material mouse mats as they were too finicky to try and keep clean. I instead purchased a leather writing pad for way less than a decent mouse pad, and wipes clean very easily, the mouse is smoother now too. I stuck it to my desk after testing, with some CA glue... I'll probably have to replace the entire desktop when this pad wears out eventually, but think that'll be very far in the future considering it still looks brand new after 6+ months usage. I had to cut it down to size a little (by about 10cm) as it was too wide for my setup, but was very easy using a craft knife and a straight edge, then rounded off the corners a bit to match the front edge. Cost me £14 approx

Most CA glue is really bad at handling shear force loads, and if that fails, just use hot water (> 80°C).

Bought mine in January of 2021.

It's still in pristine condition, except for one tiny spot where I played with a knife like a complete moron and stabbed it.
No wrinkles, no fraying or anything.
Using it multiple hours every day.

Granted, I also have a placemat on my deskpad and my keyboard is sitting on top of it. That way if I want to eat, I just move my keyboard up closer to the screen and use the placemat for my food. Which also means I'm never really pushing the sticky rubber feet of the keyboard on my deskpad, which might possibly cause the wrinkles over time. I move the keyboard and it slides with the placemat over the deskpad. lol

You should not be putting it in the washing machine. A slightly damp cloth and spot cleaning is all that's needed.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

On 3/3/2023 at 3:33 PM, monx101 said:

For the LTT desk mat, how often should we rinse this in washing machine? Anyone know how to get rid of wrinkles? I got mine around Aug/Sep of 2021 now its wrinkling at the bottom middle (just below where I place my keyboard). Planned to sell it as I downsized my desk due to I moved to a smaller room (due to rising room rental cost here in SG) but I dont think LTT have so many viewers here in Singapore. I haven't see anybody selling LTT merch in our local craigslist (app named Carousell). Wouldn't know if I can re-sell this 1.2m x .5m desk mat here.

I can buy it off you. I'm also in SG as well. How bad is it? Can you post a photo of it? 

I clean my mouse pad with a damp cloth. 

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | AsRock B450M-Pro4 | Zotac GTX 3070 Ti

Shure SRH840A | Sennheiser Momentum 2 AEBT | LG C9 55"