Portal 1+2 99 cents each on Steam

da na

Portal and Portal II are 99 cents each (or $1.48 for the bundle) on Steam right now. Would highly recommend picking them up, even though I've played thru both on the Xbox 360 years ago I picked them up on Steam again anyway. 

I will never stop recommending the Portal games to people. They're such masterpieces.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

10 minutes ago, Mel0n. said:

Portal and Portal II are 99 cents each (or $1.48 for the bundle) on Steam right now. Would highly recommend picking them up, even though I've played thru both on the Xbox 360 years ago I picked them up on Steam again anyway. 

Saw that, I was a split second salty because I got them both on sale for $3.99, I want my $2.50 😆

Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

6 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I will never stop recommending the Portal games to people. They're such masterpieces.

Yes they're spectacular, that's what happens when creative people are allowed to do what they do and not forced to just make another cookie cutter product, I'm always wishing for another game like this or something that just goes off the rails and takes the risk for something new,I've played through them multiple times at this point plus most of the mods, waiting patiently for Revolution 

Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

Unfortunately, I already own both games on Steam. I bought them as part of a big Steam bundle with basically all of Valve's titles including the Half Life and CS games for, like, $15.

Actually, that's not unfortunate. It was still a great deal. But it's nice to see that other people have a chance to pick up these classic games for cheap.

3 minutes ago, TechlessBro said:

few things

1) creative? More like insane nut jobs with deep psychological issues, that actually escaped Aperture and the game is a disinformation campaign to hide their truth.

2) There was no food, no cookie, even the cake was a lie.

Valve can’t count to…

I feel as though I'm obligated to post this in response:

CPU-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / CPU Cooler-Noctua NH-D15S / Motherboard-MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-WD WDBSLA0040HNC-NRSN 4TB 3.5" 7200 RPM / Storage-WD Red 6 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM--Crucial P3 4TB 3.0X4 NVME--Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Corsair MP600 CORE 2TB 4.0X4 NVME / Video Card-XFX Radeon RX 6900 XT / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / PSU-SeaSonic PRIME 1000 W 80+ Gold / Sound Card-Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z w/Shield / Monitor-BenQ GW2765HT 27.0" 2560 x 1440 60 Hz / Monitor-Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz / Keyboard-Logitech G Pro / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / UPS-CyberPower GX1325U / Fan Controller-Corsair Commander Pro

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / CPU Cooler-Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX / Motherboard-Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) / MemoryG.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Western Digital Black SN750 SE 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB 3.0X4 NVME--Seagate Barracuda Compute 3 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM / Video Card-Asus KO Gaming OC GeForce RTX 3070 / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / Case-LIAN LI PCI-E 16 X 4.0 Black Riser / PSU-EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ Gold / Monitor-LG 22BK430H-B 21.5" 1920 x 1080 60 Hz / Monitor-MSI Optix 271CQP 27.0" 2560 x 1440 165 Hz Curved / Keyboard-Logitech G413 TKL SE / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower CP1350PFCLCD / Fan Controller-Corsair  Commander Pro / Sony HT-S200F Soundbar

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700X / CPU Cooler-Scythe Mugen 5 Black Edition / Motherboard-MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--PNY CS900 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB NVME/ Video Card-EVGA XC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 / Case-Cooler NR200P / PSU-Cooler Master V750 SFX GOLD / Keyboard-HyperX Alloy Origins Core / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower LE1000DG-FC / Fan Controller-NZXT RGB & Fan Controller

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700G / CPU Cooler-Scythe Shuriken 2 / Motherboard-Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI / Memory-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3800 CL18 / Storage-WD Blue 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--Patriot P310 1.92TB 3.0X4 NVME / Case-InWin B1 Mesh / Keyboard-Logitech K380 / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / Monitor-ViewSonic VX1755 17" 1080p Portable IPS Gaming Monitor 144Hz / Speakers-Creative Muvo Go (Black)

On 3/2/2023 at 9:56 PM, Mel0n. said:

Portal and Portal II are 99 cents each (or $1.48 for the bundle) on Steam right now.

I have a feeling this is the new standard sale price for both games since this is the 4th time in a row they've hit these prices during Steam sales.

On 3/2/2023 at 9:56 PM, Mel0n. said:

Would highly recommend picking them up, even though I've played thru both on the Xbox 360 years ago I picked them up on Steam again anyway. 

That was the last time I played Portal as well, on the Xbox 360. I think I've played them for a total of 15 minutes each, what's the reason to keep playing them after that? Do they get better as the game progresses or is it just more of the same?

On 3/6/2023 at 11:24 AM, Paul Rudd said:

I think I've played them for a total of 15 minutes each, what's the reason to keep playing them after that? Do they get better as the game progresses or is it just more of the same?

After you finish the first playthrough, there's not a major reason except to experience the joys of the game another time.

The Portal games rank very high on my list of "things I wish I could experience for the first time again"

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 hour ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

After you finish the first playthrough, there's not a major reason except to experience the joys of the game another time.

I've only completed around 15 minutes of each Portal game.

The Portal games rank very high on my list of "things I wish I could experience for the first time again"

As high as Subnautica?

9 hours ago, Mel0n. said:

I wish I hadn't watched a ton of YouTube videos before playing Subnautica, really spoiled it for me.

Damn, that sucks.

If not higher

Woah, that's a big statement right there. There's never been a game experience that's topped the very first time I picked up and played Subnautica. Sure there's better games but it's that first genuine experience of Subnautica that really hits you.

I do have some faith in what you're saying though because I held off playing Half Life 2 for many years(never played Half Life 1) and the day I finally started playing Half Life 2 I couldn't put it down. I'm gonna pick up Portal 2 when it goes on sale again and give it my undivided attention.