RTX 4080 is very underwhelming in my HP Z840 Workstation

jessquirl
4 minutes ago, Fendrick said:

I already linked them, perhaps read.

Also the 13900K is far far far faster, you know this right? In the order of magnitude of around 2x faster which is gigantic.

The 3060 is too slow to make a difference on them too.

You did? no you didnt

image.thumb.png.cdc7492bd9fcaedbffc076cd201a7a3e.png

Do you notice somethign in ever single graph he shows? that sure the driver has more overhead, but that even with the 1600x, which is a solid comparison here to OPs IPC. THAT FRAME RATE GOES UP with faster GPUs
Zen 1 IPC is similar to Broadwell and I appreciate that he tested it. even though the 3070 is "cpu bound" upgrading to a 3090 STILL BOOSTS FPS. 

3 minutes ago, Fendrick said:

Now comparing a graph with a different game, guy prefrontal cortex, that is all.

Im so sorry that the video you posted had zero 4k tests or any tests of the games OP complained about.

Those are the links/graphs YOU posted, Im grabbing the data from your post. Im pointing out what you posted is not arguing what you think it is.

Again, I am not arguing that a CPU bind is not there for OP, Im saying thats not the problem they are complaining about. And that saying "throw money at it" is a bad solution

Just now, starsmine said:

Im so sorry that the video you posted had zero 4k tests or any tests of the games OP complained about.

Those are the links/graphs YOU posted

You are too incapable of the same brain calculations to understand what is going on, there is no other polite way to put it.

What do I do report you for misinformation?

Or say this?

5800X 4720mhz fixed OC 6900XT -75mv, 2600mhz 1440P 165hz

Full rig here: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/xvJF2m  

15 minutes ago, Fendrick said:

You are too incapable of the same brain calculations to understand what is going on, there is no other polite way to put it.

What do I do report you for misinformation?

Or say this?

Hardware unboxed video unfortunatly has ONLY 1080p benchmarks, not 4k
But here you can see a Haswell quad core from 1080 to 3080 on an a FORCED cpu bind, aka not the 4k OP is playing at

image.thumb.png.4d1ca89c70603c7e16581e2f63d116da.png
frame rate GOES UP
image.thumb.png.6740fe4c91df51d7bf381f29ac170c30.png

Frame rate GOES UP
image.thumb.png.f42acb0f00e98ceb26a26c94a1975a9a.png

FRAME RATE GOES UP

image.thumb.png.dcc76804e3ad69c7df41a8c4d005eb96.png
once again frame rate... GOES UP 
and in the worst case
image.thumb.png.fa18aa31a80e0a73c496738fe7702199.png
Would you look at that. frame rate... WENT UP

image.thumb.png.489d3c3082a269e3d9797354600c7430.png

Thanks for letting me find all these graphs for you for pointing me to that video series 

Again though, and I can not stress this enough, OP is playing their games at 4k, the CPU bind is not even magnitudes as extreme for him.

His frame rates should not have gone down.

Its like some of you guys think as soon as there is a 10%(or 20, OR 30%) CPU bound frame rates can not go up any more with a stronger GPU and I have no idea where this idea became a thing.

Well stick to your HP workstation and have low FPS, there is no other way.

<removed by staff>

My last attempt, the CPU's are not getting any faster, the GPU's are, the 4080 is way faster than the 3080, the driver overhead amount is not measured linearly, it is measurd game to game so this on top of already old hardware which is bottlenecking exacerbates the problem to an extent which makes it looks way worse due to the driver overhead, so yes 60 FPS on a 2080Ti if bottlenecked will become less than 60 due to driver overhead, the bottleneck is not allieviated, it is worsened.

It would be wise to understand what compounding issues are.

Edited by SansVarnic
Removed content.

5800X 4720mhz fixed OC 6900XT -75mv, 2600mhz 1440P 165hz

Full rig here: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/xvJF2m  

On 3/1/2023 at 2:51 AM, jessquirl said:

-snip-

Is the fps locked at 60, never like 61 or 62? Try a older game, 1080p, low settings and vsync off, if the fps still never goes above 60 then there is definitely a setting somewhere that limits the fps to 60. I would start with using DislayDriverUninstaller, DDU, then reinstall the driver

On 2/28/2023 at 8:51 PM, jessquirl said:

HI, I recently bought an RTX 4080 Founders Edition from Nvidia. I have an HP Z840 Workstation I use as my gaming and CAD machine. After installing the RTX 4080 I have had zero improvements on my gaming frame rates compared to my old GTX 1080 Ti. I get a Max of 60 Fps on any game at any setting. I am disgusted with Nvidias Support. They tell me my CPU (Xeon E5-2687W V4) is the problem, yet I read online that my CPU and the RTX 4080 are a great combination. I really want this RTX 4080 to be awesome but it isn’t.  60 Fps isn’t with the $1,200 I just paid for it. I am going to return in since I have no reason to keep it at this point. Could any of you give me any insight on this problem?

Jesse

Jesse's msinfo32.nfo 4.01 MB · 6 downloads

2-25-23.pdf 2.05 MB · 9 downloads

What wattage is your PSU rated at and how many cables do you have feeding wattage to the card?  And what other peripherals do you have sapping wattage from the PSU?