PNY GPU's - Specifically 4090

WarmEngine

The last PNY product I owned was a thumb drive I think way back in the day.  They don't seem to be mentioned much as a GPU manufacturer so with that said what's their reputation like in the GPU space?

Came across a PNY NVIDIA RTX 4090 for $1649 today.  Missed a restock of MSI cards last week.

PNY-GPU.jpg

PNY is the only company that makes Quadro cards, so they have some presence in the market. They tend to know what they're doing.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 minute ago, WarmEngine said:

They don't seem to be mentioned much as a GPU manufacturer so with that said what's their reputation like in the GPU space?

They're the exclusive manufacturer of Quadro GPUs (or whatever name Nvidia rebranded them as), so I'd say pretty good. I wouldn't say their cards are the best you can find, but they're certainly not the worst. I'd be fine getting that card. 

They’re good enough. They only really make consumer tier gpus to fulfill some kind of contract with nvidia, because otherwise they’re the name on the majority of enterprise gpus like the Quadro line.

Nothing special but nothing bad either.

Thanks.  MSI and Gigabyte 4090's are the two to consider first right?  Wish EVGA was an option, ugh.

Also, are they still making new Founder's Editions and sending them to retailers or no?  Haven't seen one in stock in forever and I watch Best Buy stock daily.

Just now, WarmEngine said:

Thanks.  MSI and Gigabyte 4090's are the two to consider first right?  Wish EVGA was an option, ugh.

I'd probably go Asus, then MSI personally.

EVGA leaving the graphics card market makes me so sad, they really did make the best cards.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just now, WarmEngine said:

Going off of brand alone is never recommended. Every brand has made good and bad products at times. Look into individual reviews to see which models of a card you like based on their features and price.

1 minute ago, WarmEngine said:

Also, are they still making new Founder's Editions and sending them to retailers or no?  Haven't seen one in stock in forever and I watch Best Buy stock daily.

I’ve noticed this as well, I’m not sure if they’ve stopped making the reference cards so much as they’re being sold by only a few outlets so they’re not as common as previous generations.