Can i "Remap" power button?

Akira Shimazu

Case:
 I just drop my old phone Samsung A7 2017. and damage the power button, the power button unable to function except the fingerprint sensor ( still working ). i cannot lock,open and shut down the phone. for now i use my fingerprint to unlock devices. im planning to put my phone to Long shutdown at 50 percent battery. but i am afraid after i shut it down it cannot boot again because of the power button malfunction. 

Question

• Can i remap the shutdown and Boot/sleep to other button like volume?
  • any other alternative?

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

16 minutes ago, Wolfycapt said:

Case:
 I just drop my old phone Samsung A7 2017. and damage the power button, the power button unable to function except the fingerprint sensor ( still working ). i cannot lock,open and shut down the phone. for now i use my fingerprint to unlock devices. im planning to put my phone to Long shutdown at 50 percent battery. but i am afraid after i shut it down it cannot boot again because of the power button malfunction. 

Question

• any other alternative?

i dont know how to turn on the phone from shutdown state without a functionating Powe button But you could use double tap to wake and double tap to sleep like settings to lock and unlock the phone and Use the power menu from top status bar to restart the phone

You're right to be afraid you won't be able to turn it back on, because you won't. The power button needs to be repaired if you want to be able to turn the phone on. It can't be remapped, and other buttons will not turn on the phone.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

45 minutes ago, Wolfycapt said:

Case:

Question

• any other alternative?

That sucks. I'd bet the button is fine, just one of the solder joints broke off. If you have a phone repair place near you, they can fix it relatively easily. Remapping would mean altering the Firmware, which is locked down, so that is not an option. I'd estimate the repair would take an hour and a bit of solder to fix it. Might be a good idea to replace the screen as well if has a crack in it.

does the phone turn on when plugged in?
I guess it would be hard to find out.

when I had a phone with a broken power button, I enabled a shake gesture to wake it. If it ever shut off I could simply plug it in to power and it would boot back up.

@ApplefreakTrue i suspect it's just minor damage to joint since the fingerprint works fine. the screen is fine tbh.

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |