How many RGB elements on single port?

Tegneren
Go to solution Solved by NorKris,
1 hour ago, Tegneren said:

Asus Strix B550-f

Fractal Torrent Black RGB (w/5 fans and a RGB stripe on the case)

EK-Quantum Magnitude D-RGB - AM5

EK-Quantum Vector Master RX 6800XT/6900XT D-RGB

EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 200 D5 PWM D-RGB

Asus says 500Leds or 3A  (we are going after 3A)

Fractal 5 ARGB fans + Strip, around 10 per device so 60 ARGB-Leds

Magnitude has 30 ARGB-Leds

Vector has 7 ARGB-Leds

Kinetic has *could not find* but lets guess 12 ARGB-Leds

2,75A or 110 Leds

Yes it will work, but dont add much more 

So I just upgraded to full custom water cooling, but now find myself with more RGB stuff than I have places to connect it. CPU, GPU, pump/reservoir, case and five fans now can all light up in glorious RGB.

So in total nine items in need of a way to connect them. Luckily the fans all have a piggy-back, so I can chain them together, but the rest of the stuff dont.

My motherboard only have only one a-rgb port, and I have a 3-way splitter on it, but that means I have to chose what to connect when I of course should light up the entire city. That's just the right thing to do, you know.

So the question is is it OK to just get another splitter, or do I need to get a controller?

If the last, what is a good cheap one?

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do

Are all of the RGB compatible with each other? I.E. The same manufacturers and controlled by the same software?

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

27 minutes ago, Tegneren said:

So the question is is it OK to just get another splitter, or do I need to get a controller?

If the last, what is a good cheap one?

The limit is usually on the number of LEDs due to the maximum current, which is usually around 3A I believe.  So you have to figure that out for yourself.  I'd hope the documentation for the items themselves tell you, the motherboard manual should certainly detail what is supported.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

45 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Are all of the RGB compatible with each other? I.E. The same manufacturers and controlled by the same software?

Yes the watercooling stuff are all EK quantum series, and fans and case are Fractal Torrent. They use standard a-rgb, and i'm currently using armoury crate to control it.

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do

22 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

The limit is usually on the number of LEDs due to the maximum current, which is usually around 3A I believe.  So you have to figure that out for yourself.  I'd hope the documentation for the items themselves tell you, the motherboard manual should certainly detail what is supported.

Ok. I will see what I find

in theory the limit is in the thousands for the controller used for aRGB, but for power delivery (and speed) reasons PC aRGB implementations are usually limited to 60 LEDs.

now.. that's 60 in series, nothing is stopping you from hooking 'N' number of strings in parallel to that header, but for that you really want to pull power and ground from somewhere else than the header, because the header isnt made for that much power.

use a argb hub.

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

4 hours ago, manikyath said:

in theory the limit is in the thousands for the controller used for aRGB, but for power delivery (and speed) reasons PC aRGB implementations are usually limited to 60 LEDs.

now.. that's 60 in series, nothing is stopping you from hooking 'N' number of strings in parallel to that header, but for that you really want to pull power and ground from somewhere else than the header, because the header isnt made for that much power.

it depnds. if you want a copy on an led then could be infinity. but normal animations are set for about 100 leds. so you could have an infinity sets of a 100 leds... all depends.

thermltakes quad ring i bleave has like 150 leds and 6 fans. and say there an animation that will light each led once then repeat. so the animation need to no there 900 leds so it nos when to start over.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

1 hour ago, NorKris said:

so dont tell us the name of the MB or the devices? 😛 hmm

Asus Strix B550-f

1 hour ago, Tegneren said:

Asus Strix B550-f

Vector has 7 ARGB-Leds

2,75A or 110 Leds

5 hours ago, NorKris said:

Vector has 7 ARGB-Leds

2,75A or 110 Leds

Thank for looking up the info. The Kinetic has a ring with about 20-30 leds, so that pus a little bit closer i guess.

I guess i will just get another splitter to connect it all then 🙂

10 minutes ago, Tegneren said:

Thank for looking up the info. The Kinetic has a ring with about 20-30 leds, so that pus a little bit closer i guess.

I guess i will just get another splitter to connect it all then 🙂

did u count them? i could not find any info xD 

16 hours ago, NorKris said:

did u count them? i could not find any info xD 

Yeah, I was at work so I just found a picture of it an counted 😅

19 minutes ago, Tegneren said:

Yeah, I was at work so I just found a picture of it an counted 😅

well at work we got nothing better to do right 🙂

this is the best i can do:

image.png.db4a2220955d0ecb8f632475aadb6a1b.png

cuz at 20+ ur in trouble ;o