[Kotaku] Bungie's 'Destiny' costs $500 million to make

TopWargamer

1. It's a fact and I even provided Slick with the contact info of who to speak to at Bungie about doing a possible live Q&A for Destiny. I also got approval from Linus as well.

2. Yes, they do get pissed, I know this being related to one. When I spoke to my brother about the possible Q&A, he said that the PC question would be off limits as they consider it asked and answered.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/134083-Destiny-Wont-Launch-on-PC-Because-it-Would-be-Too-Much-Work

http://kotaku.com/sounds-like-destiny-probably-wont-be-coming-to-pc-1459143086

3. I already mentioned the Halo PC games, but they were NOT ported by Bungie. They were ported by Microsoft, like I said.

4. Activision has nothing to do with the actual development of the game, other than money. It is being being developed 100% in house by Bungie employees at their studio in Washington. Just like EA had nothing to do with the development of Titanfall, other than money.

5. I am not being closed minded. My statements are being made based on being related to a Bungie employee who has been working on Destiny for over 3 years now. Bungie's company policy as of right now is Destiny will not be ported to PC.

1. Oh. OK.

2. So because you are related to one you speak for the entirety of Bungie? The question being off limits make sense because quite frankly, it has been answered.

3. Halo 2 was ported by Microsoft Game Studios. Halo CE was ported by Gearbox. Just pointing that out.

4. You know that for certain? There's no producers or project managers there on Activision's behalf? I'd think Activision would like to have someone keep an eye on something they're spending half a billion on.

5. I don't know man... I'm catching just a hint of totalitarianism here. You may know someone at Bungie, But I'm gonna go with what the eurogamer article said with a statement directly from a Bungie employee basically saying "We're stretched too thin at the moment. Maybe later."

1. Oh. OK.

2. So because you are related to one you speak for the entirety of Bungie? The question being off limits make sense because quite frankly, it has been answered.

3. Halo 2 was ported by Microsoft Game Studios. Halo CE was ported by Gearbox. Just pointing that out.

4. You know that for certain? There's no producers or project managers there on Activision's behalf? I'd think Activision would like to have someone keep an eye on something they're spending half a billion on.

5. I don't know man... I'm catching just a hint of totalitarianism here. You may know someone at Bungie, But I'm gonna go with what the eurogamer article said with a statement directly from a Bungie employee basically saying "We're stretched too thin at the moment. Maybe later."

2. Just going by what I was told when I inquired about the Q&A. Slick and Linus made their competing videos and posted a poll to see about expanding the Linus brand. Slick wanted to get into more video game reviews and Linus wanted to get into reviewing non-tech things like toys. When I saw those videos I reached out to my brother, Slick and Linus. Slick was interested, Linus said it was up to Slick and my brother told me he would look into it, but he advised against asking about Destiny being ported to PC because of how sick and tired they all are about being asked.

You won't ever see that kind of response in a press article. My brother even quoted his boss, who I obviously won't name, "It's not happening, so stop asking". Just like one of the articles mentions, many of the Bungie employees are PC gamers too, and they are sick of even their own people asking about it. I had to listen to an earful about how fed up they all are about the PC question before my brother would inquire about who Slick needed to contact.

3. Well shame on MS for not listing Gearbox on the packaging, but my point remains the same, it was NOT ported by Bungie.

4. Yes I know that for certain, again my brother works directly for Bungie. He is in their studio every day, Activision is not involved in any way with the development. Activision is strictly the publisher who supplied the financial backing. He's not new to Bungie either. He also worked for them on HALO Reach and ODST. He left briefly when he was recruited to work on HALO 4, but went back to Bungie when that project was finished.

5. Any company can choose to change it's policy in the future. But the policy as of right now is Destiny will not be ported to the PC. They are 100% focused on the 4 consoles platforms, and nothing else.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

Why?

No PC support at all. I was mildly optimistic about this game when I first heard about it because of Bungie and the Halo franchise. Now that I'll never play it, I want it to burn to the ground. It's the same with COD. I used to be so into COD that I would take two weeks off every year in November to get to master prestige or whatever rank. The game is so bad now that (especially on PC) that I want the entire franchise to fail. 

1. It's a fact and I even provided Slick with the contact info of who to speak to at Bungie about doing a possible live Q&A for Destiny. I also got approval from Linus as well.

Riiiiight....

-------

Current Rig

-------

2. Just going by what I was told when I inquired about the Q&A. Slick and Linus made their competing videos and posted a poll to see about expanding the Linus brand. Slick wanted to get into more video game reviews and Linus wanted to get into reviewing non-tech things like toys. When I saw those videos I reached out to my brother, Slick and Linus. Slick was interested, Linus said it was up to Slick and my brother told me he would look into it, but he advised against asking about Destiny being ported to PC because of how sick and tired they all are about being asked.

You won't ever see that kind of response in a press article. My brother even quoted his boss, who I obviously won't name, "It's not happening, so stop asking". Just like one of the articles mentions, many of the Bungie employees are PC gamers too, and they are sick of even their own people asking about it. I had to listen to an earful about how fed up they all are about the PC question before my brother would inquire about who Slick needed to contact.

3. Well shame on MS for not listing Gearbox on the packaging, but my point remains the same, it was NOT ported by Bungie.

4. Yes I know that for certain, again my brother works directly for Bungie. He is in their studio every day, Activision is not involved in any way with the development. Activision is strictly the publisher who supplied the financial backing. He's not new to Bungie either. He also worked for them on HALO Reach and ODST. He left briefly when he was recruited to work on HALO 4, but went back to Bungie when that project was finished.

5. Any company can choose to change it's policy in the future. But the policy as of right now is Destiny will not be ported to the PC. They are 100% focused on the 4 consoles platforms, and nothing else.

2. I can understand that. I would imagine they're tired of hearing as it's all pretty much anyone is saying about it.

4. Well alrighty then.

5. That's what I'm saying. They're focused on consoles now. After it releases on consoles, they may change their policy and decide to port it. 

This numbered argument format is kinda hard to look at :/