Why I switched to Opera and why you should too

spwath

No need to switch from one to the other just use them all. I use Opera but it still has issues with editing Wiki pages, when's that going to be fixed? :huh:

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

I don't see a problem with Chrome RAM usage. It's not like majority of people are running systems with 2 GBs of RAM.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

Opera fails to work on certain sites, though. Which forces users to go back to Chrome or Firefox. It's a good browser, but Opera isn't quite there yet, it's more a hipster browser than anything else. Mobile Opera is amazing, though.

Both Opera and Chrome are chromium based browsers and suffer from the same problem that too many tabs = it's squished nonsense. Why is it so hard for other browsers to utilize tabs like in Firefox where tabs scroll back and forth so they are just big enough to tell which tab is which? I do love Opera's speed dial, though...so much that my Firefox uses a speed dial extension. :P

Yes, but it was never as simple. Instead of just logging in with an email, you had to have a key and pair the devices and in my experience, it never worked as seamless as chrome does. 

With that said, I've been using FF 29 basically full time and I'm really liking it. It takes what I liked about chrome (stripped down UI and better syncing) and adds a (imo) slightly more refined UI and some features. I also like FF being open source and not google.

i dunno, it was really easy regardless.

not to mention the ENORMOUS security benefit.  no storage servers means that your password can't be stolen without losing your actual device.

i REALLY wished they kept sync and allowed it as an option to accounts.  local syncing vs centralized syncing.  choice is always king.

i say firefox's strengh was its customizable UI.  chrome has basically ruined everything about browsers except for js speed...which makes it so ironic when you think about it's performance nowadays

firefox masterrace

I'm on Chrome, used Opera before, it was basically the same with one or two bugs I found (only with addons / extensions I was trying run though)

I've tried Firefox before and there's only ONE thing that stops me from using it 100%

On Chrome, you can middle-click on the tab to close it, (even if it's the only tab open).

On Firefox,   you can do the same middle-click to close a tab (UNLESS it's the only tab left, in which case you have to click the 'x')

I know it's a silly thing to not use a browser over, but honestly I only ever close tabs by middle-clicking now, or an Alt+F4 to close everything.

Do you know of a way to close the only remaining tab by middle-clicking on it?

If so I'll have to switch and give it another go :)