who acutly bort windows from microsft

GOATWD

Aaah, no worries mate.

Bought then

I dont know how many ,because most of pre builts and laptops already come with Windows

I sometimes wonder how we went to space on only 4KB RAM, and we cannot fix a simple issue.

You mean bought from MS directly, or bought (and paid) it in general from a 3rd party like bestbuy et al? 

Last time I checked MS was rich. So it is fair to assume someone is paying for their software and services. Everyone who buys a pre-built PC indirectly bought a legitimate copy. There likely is some piracy, but I doubt system integrators really do a lot of illegal stuff. Their shadiness is limited to using proprietary and sub-par hardware and installing bloatware. And I bet the vast majority of MS users buy pre-built. Definitely laptops, but also desktops. This forum's DIY users are a very tiny sub-section of the population.

I bought one key under an MS student program from a MS "spark" website and one from the University bookstore. I think they were $40 each or so. It is my understanding you can buy legitimate keys for $20, which may be what OEMs pay. but I never tried that since mine still work. 

AMD 9 7900 + Thermalright Peerless Assassin SE

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

Seasonic Focus Plus 550W Platinum

W11 Pro

I have paid for all my many iterations of windows over the years, but rarely from MS directly. Same for my many versions of Office. All paid, none direct from MS except when I reinstall after a Drive wipe/clean Windows install on occasion, but it is already paid so just a redownload.

I use a ten year old pre-build which came with Windows 7. So me i guess

I bought windows 7 OEM with my first PC build, since then, Microsoft has been offering free upgrades.
They've let me keep activating it with any re-install.

Quick edit

I'm on 11 with the same key today. Though I also run linux and have been slowly spending more time there because of my job.

Yeah technically....

I am using my OEM licence from my old Windows 7 HP. When I upgraded to Windows 8 (yes I'm one of the 20 people who did so) my licence got converted to retail. So I could transfer it to my next PC and to my previous PC and I'm still using that licence on this Windows 11 PC.