BSODs, system crashes and application crashes, no troubleshooting methods that I've tried have helped

For the past few weeks, I've been experiencing BSODs, system freezes and application crashes frequently, most commonly while playing games and watching videos on Youtube/Floatplane. I've attempted a variety of the common troubleshooting methods including using DDU to wipe video drivers and running Memtest86 for 4 passes which resulted in a pass. Running Heaven and Cinebench R23 to test the GPU and CPU respectively have shown nothing out of the ordinary to me. I tried to analyze the .dmp files from the bug checks myself, but every step I've taken has led me nowhere. At this point I'm lost on what I could do other than trying a clean Windows install, which I would like to avoid if possible.

Some additional information:

• One of the BSODs I experienced happened while I was in safe mode so I could run DDU. After having been in Windows for few minutes, my whole system locked up for about a minute before the blue screen appeared with a stop code of DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
  • While playing a game, I've noticed that Windows Error Reporting in Event Viewer will report an event name of RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64 roughly a few minutes or so before I experience a crash/BSOD
  • Before one BSOD I had while playing MWII, AUDIODG.EXE crashed with the faulting module name being THXV2RenderAPO_0528.dll, which resulted in me losing all audio
  • Some application crashes have occurred with two different apps at once. For example, at the same time that MWII crashed, a tab that I had open on Firefox crashed

Link to my current build's specs: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/EastCoastShepard/saved/xKtJwP

Link to a .ZIP file containing minidump files, a dxdiag log and various screenshots from Event Viewer which could be useful: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JSkX95GxXfAHr51qu0TjXdA94sgXXACL/view?usp=sharing

run it with a single ram stick installed , try each stick alone in the machine , see if that configuration makes it stable.

2 hours ago, emosun said:

run it with a single ram stick installed , try each stick alone in the machine , see if that configuration makes it stable.

I took out one stick and so far things seem to be running smoothly. Haven't had a crash while playing a game and watching a video for over an hour. Is it possible that I just got very unlucky with the silicon lottery and my CPU can't support running two sticks of 16gb RAM even at the base speeds of 4800mhz, or could it be something else? It's surprising to me that I even got a pass from Memtest86 which I only just ran last night.

2 hours ago, ECMalcolm said:

I took out one stick and so far things seem to be running smoothly. Haven't had a crash while playing a game and watching a video for over an hour. Is it possible that I just got very unlucky with the silicon lottery and my CPU can't support running two sticks of 16gb RAM even at the base speeds of 4800mhz, or could it be something else? It's surprising to me that I even got a pass from Memtest86 which I only just ran last night.

Well I spoke too soon, had a game crash and my screen went black for a few seconds but came back, surprisingly no blue screen or hard crash. I did get some event viewer logs that I haven't seen yet (pictures included). After the game crashed, my cursor now disappears if I move it to the taskbar, but it still registers clicks and when I hover over icons which is kinda strange. Did some looking into the errors I got and a couple of posts I saw mention that updating the firmware for the Xbox Series Controller seemed to fix the issue (this one in particular had nearly the identical event logs I got). I don't have much hope that it'll solve my issue (or that the crash I had was even related to the other issues I've been having), but I don't see any reason not to try it.

Screenshot 2023-02-06 003206.png

Screenshot 2023-02-06 003213.png

Screenshot 2023-02-06 003232.png

your motherboard has a few bios updates related to stability and compatibility , update it

Only one of your dumps contains a hint to a driver.

Dump "020523-19609-01.dmp" indicates the module "mtkbtfilterx.sys" as the source of a BSOD.

"mtkbtfilterx.sys" is a MediaTek driver. Should be your WIFI driver. 

All other dumps indicate the "ntkrnlmp.exe" as source which is the Windows kernel.

Like @emosun said, first update MOBO bios and then check all drivers for your MOBO if they are up-to-date.

Also update your windows installation to the latest available patch level.

Try to use the other memory stick.

Run memtest/memory diagnostic.

Turn down OC settings if you have enabled OC for memory (disable XMP).

Set the page file (virtual memory) to a fixed size and a disk that does not contain the OS (32 GB Ram => 32*1.5*3 = 144 GB => 147456 MB ).

On 2/6/2023 at 3:42 AM, emosun said:

your motherboard has a few bios updates related to stability and compatibility , update it

On 2/6/2023 at 5:20 AM, RiffTheRaff said:

Like @emosun said, first update MOBO bios and then check all drivers for your MOBO if they are up-to-date.

Also update your windows installation to the latest available patch level.

Updating my MOBO BIOS to the latest version (0823) was one of the first things I did after finishing the build. Latest chipset drivers also installed.
My Windows version is also updated to latest version, but I'll also note that I'm apart of the Windows Insider program.
I disabled any memory overclocking since I started getting BSODs/crashes a couple weeks ago.

On another note, yesterday I had a system crash (no blue screen) which when analyzing the memory.dmp, shows "FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  0x1a_61941_PAGE_TABLE_RESERVED_BITS_SET_IMAGE_hardware_ram" and "IMAGE_NAME:  hardware_ram".

After this crash, I ran Memtest86 again with the same stick of RAM that I had installed when the crash occurred, but the test came back as a pass. I also ran Windows Memory Diagnostic on Extended just to see what would happen and no issues were reported. Because the RAM passed both tests, is it possible that it's VRAM that's causing these issues?

I also want to note that I only started having these issues after I replaced my MOBO and RAM because of separate issues that I was having for a few weeks (being unable to restart properly and BSODs when idle and often before I even could log into Windows, and yes I disabled XMP/EXPO while testing). Before replacing the MOBO and RAM, I was able to play a lot of the same games without the semi-consistent crashes and BSODs that I'm getting now.

ZIP file containing a minidump of the latest crash: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OTAPy9KhCt8Po3q-w58bTifUrilgAsMQ/view?usp=sharing

On 2/5/2023 at 6:16 PM, ECMalcolm said:

At this point I'm lost on what I could do other than trying a clean Windows install, which I would like to avoid if possible.

wait are you still using the exact same same windows install this whole time?

7 hours ago, emosun said:

wait are you still using the exact same same windows install this whole time?

I last did a clean install of Windows when I replaced my Mobo and RAM a few weeks ago.

Another update, I downloaded OCCT and ran the VRAM stress test before I left for work, which right before leaving the event popped up that is shown in the screenshot I attached. When I got home, my system was frozen on a blue screen with a stop code of "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" and the module that failed was "CLASSPNP.SYS". At this point it's pretty clear that my issues are related to VRAM in some way, but now I'm not sure if I'm able to stop these crashes and BSODs from happening or if my 3080 is screwed.

Screenshot 2023-02-08 233821.png