Feedback re: purchase made in August 2022

Solinus

Hi team, 

I want to start out by saying the team did end up refunding me for the item and the shipping charge for this mess a few days ago, but in the end the product I wanted went out of stock and it was supposed to be a Christmas present for my wife so the experience was pretty poor. 

In August of 2022, I bought an LTT screwdriver and water bottle. I was happy to wait so when everything finally shipped at the end of December (after Christmas), I was excited to get the package! The screwdriver came and I'll echo others in saying I love it and use it all the time now! The problem is that the package only contained the screwdriver and not the water bottle. I thought perhaps there was another shipment so I checked to see if there were separate tracking numbers, but there were not. I then reached out to support that day (December 30th) and after about a week someone replied and shipped out a replacement water bottle free of charge. Everything seemed fine aside from how long it takes for people to get back to you...24 hours seems reasonable. A week seems excessive IMO. 

Then nothing came. Again.

I followed the tracking number and it still hasn't budged since it was shipped on January 6th. I emailed support again on 1/29 after trying to give things time to move. This time I did receive a reply within 24 hours (yay!) and was told that the item was lost and I was refunded for the shipping and water bottle and told it was out of stock and to order another color or wait until stock was replenished. 

Needless to say while I appreciate the refund, the experience was really sub par especially since this was something ordered way back in August nearly 6 month ago! I'm glad you guys are focusing on improving the customer service side of LTT Store etc but just wanted you to know that it was really an unpleasant experience. 

Thanks.

Ya I understand them wanting to wait and ship all at once, that makes total sense but if you do an order and the product is in stock when you ordered it should have been marked for you being that you already paid for it. It wasnt "lost in shipping" cause it would have been shipped in the same box as the screwdriver, thats the exact reason it wasnt sent individually in the first place. Which means it was lost in their warehouse, which means they should have known before the order was ever sent as I assume they check the invoice while they pack the box. And if they knew they should have contacted you BEFORE sending the screwdriver so you would have had the option of selecting a replacement product, and you certainly shouldnt have had to contact them after the fact to get this straightened out. To me this seems like a failure that passed through multiple hands and should never have happened. I have been a big defender of the store and their customer service but this scenario should have NEVER happened and played out this way.

Thanks for the feedback.

Improving our inventory management so we can prevent stuff like this from happening is a big area of focus right now. Refunding your missing item + shipping is the best option available to us in that situation but I totally get how that's still not exactly preferable in comparison to getting all of what you ordered.

We do appreciate the support nonetheless and I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying your screwdriver at least. 🙂

Customer Service Supervisor; lttstore.com

Need help with an lttstore order? Contact us or check out our FAQ here.

Trust me bro