AM5 Ryzen 70003D cooling

Hunlight
Go to solution Solved by jaslion,
16 minutes ago, Hunlight said:

as mentioned its gonna be 3D version, probably 7800x3D as I doubt for gaming I will need anything more than that.

Yeah but you didnt mention the specific one.

Hopefully those coolers will be good enough but really who knows. All I can say is that a 7900x can still be cooled by them but a 7950x will often hit the thermal cap

Hello,

As it is yet not known what cooling is good for 7000x3D processors for sure. Want to ask for aprox recommendations for am5 then. Something usual like be quiet pro 4 would be fine or something other is trending nowadays?

Depends on the class of cpu you get.

For a 7900x stock a ak620, dark rock pro 4, nhd15,... is just about alright as amd lets these cpu's rip till 95c.

I suspect that for the x3d version if we are looking at the same thing that happened eith the 5800x3d that those coolers will not keep up. Could be nothing really can

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Depends on the class of cpu you get.

For a 7900x stock a ak620, dark rock pro 4, nhd15,... is just about alright as amd lets these cpu's rip till 95c.

I suspect that for the x3d version if we are looking at the same thing that happened eith the 5800x3d that those coolers will not keep up. Could be nothing really can

as mentioned its gonna be 3D version, probably 7800x3D as I doubt for gaming I will need anything more than that.

the cooler specs will still be the same according to the TDP.

even if a cpu is rated 10ghz, if the TDP is till under 150w, you can still use a relatively cheap aftermarket cooler like hyper 212 which rated at 150w - 180w.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Just now, SupaKomputa said:

the cooler specs will still be the same according to the TDP.

even if a cpu is rated 10ghz, if the TDP is till under 150w, you can still use a relatively cheap aftermarket cooler like hyper 212 which rated at 150w - 180w.

yeah sure and receive 80C instead of 40-50C with decent cooler. Im not a fan of a airplane turbine inside my pc to barely hold temps under limits, so something like hyper 212 is not even in the view. As less rpm as possible and bigger tower. thats why I thought of be quiet, love their products, quiet, slower rpms, and very good cooling. 

16 minutes ago, Hunlight said:

Hopefully those coolers will be good enough but really who knows. All I can say is that a 7900x can still be cooled by them but a 7950x will often hit the thermal cap

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

hmm, guess gotta wait release and see those tests as who knows what kind of problems they can have.

Anything that works now will work when those come out. Cooler TDP will still be irrelevant and you'll still be able to cool even a 7950x3D with a dual tower air cooler comfortably.