LAN problems

JabkaFloyd

So I got my second work day and decided to set up the local network. I opened everything so each computer can see each other. There are 3 PCs, one of them is just shit and we'll throw it away and 2 main PCs. Tested connection, tried opening shared folders.... One pc (connected to router using ethernet cable) can see the 2nd pc, but not vice versa. 2nd pc tho connected to router using wifi. How do I make it mutually visible? Give me even stupidest suggestions, except for "did you open network visibility in network settings?" Of course I did.

And yeah, it's win11.

Run following commands in powershell.exe to check if your connection is set public or private on both PCs:

Get-NetConnectionProfile ## get connection name

Set-NetConnectionProfile -NetworkCategory Private -Name "YourConnectionNameHere"

9 minutes ago, RiffTheRaff said:

Run following commands in powershell.exe to check if your connection is set public or private on both PCs:

Set-NetConnectionProfile -NetworkCategory Private -Name "YourConnectionNameHere"

Well, I ran 2nd command and nothing happened. Is that ok?

14 minutes ago, RiffTheRaff said:

I ran these commands on both. Network is private, but nothing happened when I ran 2nd command

When the network is private it's OK on that side. The second command has no output. It would have changed the network to private if it was an public.

And the network discovery is On on both PCs. This is what you mean with "did you open network visibility in network settings?" Your current profile in this view is the "Private networks" group.

image.thumb.png.07db305a9e46bc3bf0750bb53bbdae35.png

Are the "Function Discovery Resource Publication", "Function Discovery Provider Host" and "Remote Procedure Call (RPC)" services running on both PCs?

image.thumb.png.0de500069d7bcf835383a3089a1cbaee.png

34 minutes ago, RiffTheRaff said:

When the network is private it's OK on that side. The second command has no output. It would have changed the network to private if it was an public.

And the network discovery is On on both PCs. This is what you mean with "did you open network visibility in network settings?" Your current profile in this view is the "Private networks" group.

image.thumb.png.07db305a9e46bc3bf0750bb53bbdae35.png

Are the "Function Discovery Resource Publication", "Function Discovery Provider Host" and "Remote Procedure Call (RPC)" services running on both PCs?

image.thumb.png.0de500069d7bcf835383a3089a1cbaee.png

Yes. Everything is there. One silly question. I just noticed... One computer has avast on it. For the purpose of science, may that crappy antivirus interfere with local networking?

Yes. Check if AVAST firewall is enabled. Protection => Firewall => Settings and disable it for test.