[TrueNAS scale / supermicro] CPU throttle messages while highest temp is around 50C?

RollinLower
Go to solution Solved by RollinLower,

seems like this was a false positive. after the initial 200+ messages i never received any new ones. 

I'll keep monitoring this thing to see if the behavior ever returns. for now it seems to just been a brainfart of the BMC.

So i've been breaking my back over this issue for a while now. 

I have a new NAS system up and running with trueNAS scale, which is based on Linux.

Everytime i log into the web UI, i see tons (literally hundreds!) of these messages:

1928602045_throttlemessages.JPG.7d860ccb305d6fb18e854e3ca579c6a3.JPG

But when i check on the CPU temperatures they are perfectly fine, usually around the 40 to 50's.
959933507_cputemps.thumb.JPG.2df2a2bcee3ac54793358d5f8ed310f9.JPG

What could be causing this? Has anyone seen this behaviour before? I should mention that i did modify this system so it is quiet with noctua fans, but as you can see, the temps are fine this way.

Specs:
- 2x Intel Xeon Silver 4116

- Supermicro X11DPi-N(T)

- 1TB DDR4 in 16x 64GB

- 26x Samsung PM863a 2TB SSD

- 2U supermicro rackmount chassis

I have about 5 VM's running currently with moderate CPU load, usually around 20 to 30%

seems like this was a false positive. after the initial 200+ messages i never received any new ones. 

I'll keep monitoring this thing to see if the behavior ever returns. for now it seems to just been a brainfart of the BMC.