Is it recommended ? (Motherboard and cases fans)

Justsomeonewho

Hi guys, I would like you know your thoughts on my situation :

I have a Asus ROG STRIX B550-A GAMING motherboard, and i'm planning on buying 3 Arctic P12 PST PWM ARGB case fans,

now, the thing is, i'm planning on connecting them into each other, and then into a single FAN motherboard pin so that the 3 fans only takes one pin.

Is it recommended ? Since the voltage is now divided by 3 ?

Recommended?!? No. Most mobo fan pin headers are usually 1A, which can reliably run 2 fans, 3 is going to put you over, heat the board and pins up and most likely pop a couple things. The higher end chipset mobos can have some headers that are 2A and a RARE few have had 3A headers i believe. Maybe look into a fan controller and divorce your fans from the board and turn them up and down as YOU see fit.😉  Lamptron make very good units that can put out a bunch of wattage like this:

http://www.lamptron.com/Products/fancontroller/97.html 

or

http://www.lamptron.com/Products/fancontroller/87.html

9 hours ago, Justsomeonewho said:

Hi guys, I would like you know your thoughts on my situation :

I have a Asus ROG STRIX B550-A GAMING motherboard, and i'm planning on buying 3 Arctic P12 PST PWM ARGB case fans,

now, the thing is, i'm planning on connecting them into each other, and then into a single FAN motherboard pin so that the 3 fans only takes one pin.

Is it recommended ? Since the voltage is now divided by 3 ?

The voltage is not divided. They still use 12 v. You need to add up the amps of all fans. Is it more than what the board supplies?

15 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

The voltage is not divided. They still use 12 v. You need to add up the amps of all fans. Is it more than what the board supplies?

I don't know what the board supplies and what the fans consume, that's why I asked

16 hours ago, andrewmp6 said:

Or you can buy daisy chain fans like deepcool fc120 or lian li uni fan

They already are interconnected

On 1/22/2023 at 6:43 PM, AI_Must_Di3 said:

Recommended?!? No. Most mobo fan pin headers are usually 1A, which can reliably run 2 fans, 3 is going to put you over, heat the board and pins up and most likely pop a couple things. The higher end chipset mobos can have some headers that are 2A and a RARE few have had 3A headers i believe. Maybe look into a fan controller and divorce your fans from the board and turn them up and down as YOU see fit.😉  Lamptron make very good units that can put out a bunch of wattage like this:

or

Would a fan hub do the trick ? Cuz the two things you linked me would be pretty hard to cable manage

or

Or what I could do, is just to plug 2 out of 3 of my front fans on CHA_FAN2 et put the third on CHA_FAN3 ?

16 hours ago, Justsomeonewho said:

Or what I could do, is just to plug 2 out of 3 of my front fans on CHA_FAN2 et put the third on CHA_FAN3 ?

Yes, if you have enough fan headers on the mobo and the fan wires can reach them, you sure can.

fan hub works too. take power form psu and pwm from header bypassing the 1a limit. cpu fan header is normal a bit more like 2 to 3 amps but all the info is in your mb manual online. and amps will be on the back of the fan or on the website.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Recommended?!? No. Most mobo fan pin headers are usually 1A,

plz dont spread misinformation : (  

On 1/24/2023 at 4:02 PM, NorKris said:

plz dont spread misinformation : (  

No mis info. Let me explain for you better.... years ago most fans only ran at .3 of a amp and many still do, BUT with rgb,led,etc... its common to find them pushing the .5 range on the better ones. So back then a amp on the aux headers was plenty and common, of course those are not the cpu cooler header/s which run a little higher and always have.Very high end mobos will also use 2A aux fan headers now too. Anyway, instead of just making arbitrary accusations, maybe contribute some info to the conversation and try to inform us of how wrong i am and why and put the links in showing that info. I have no problem with being told im wrong and learning something if you can show me where and how im wrong from something half way legitimate, Otherwise, stay home. Thank you.

9 minutes ago, AI_Must_Di3 said:

No mis info. Let me explain for you better.... years ago most fans only ran at .3 of a amp and many still do, BUT with rgb,led,etc... its common to find them pushing the .5 range on the better ones. So back then a amp on the aux headers was plenty and common, of course those are not the cpu cooler header/s which run a little higher and always have.Very high end mobos will also use 2A aux fan headers now too. Anyway, instead of just making arbitrary accusations, maybe contribute some info to the conversation and try to inform us of how wrong i am and why and put the links in showing that info. I have no problem with being told im wrong and learning something if you can show me where and how im wrong from something half way legitimate, Otherwise, stay home. Thank you.

Most dont use the fan power for led power. So its not a factor. If the board is good, no reason not to use 3 fans on a single header. 

On 1/23/2023 at 1:27 PM, Justsomeonewho said:

Would a fan hub do the trick ? Cuz the two things you linked me would be pretty hard to cable manage

You can do a hub but you will control them all at one speed. I run the non rgb version and just stick to using the fan headers. As they can easily handle three of those fans. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

1 hour ago, AI_Must_Di3 said:

when a guy asks u prob need to look up how much the fan is using yes?

P12 ARGB is a 0.12 fan. that means he can have 8 of them on the same header. I would only recomend 7 but hey 

.3 of a amp and many still do, 

not many fans do, some corsairs but 

4 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

Most dont use the fan power for led power. So its not a factor. If the board is good, no reason not to use 3 fans on a single header.

Well, since were picking nits, Regular LED fans use the fans own power, they dont have separate lines like RGB. Pretty much any decent fan that does 2000/2200 or more rpm's is going to use close to .3A, that would be Delta, Yate loon,Noctua, EK, San Ace, Noise Blocker, Scythe,etc... The only time you will see less than that is if you go down to the 1600 or lower turd territory. Hooking 7 fans up to one header is just stupid and its asking for issues down the road at the very least, even if it is .12A but to each their own, its your money and i cant see the broken mobo from my house.

Well, since were picking nits, Regular LED fans use the fans own power, they dont have separate lines like RGB. Pretty much any decent fan that does 2000/2200 or more rpm's is going to use close to .3A, that would be Delta, Yate loon,Noctua, EK, San Ace, Noise Blocker, Scythe,etc... The only time you will see less than that is if you go down to the 1600 or lower turd territory. Hooking 7 fans up to one header is just stupid and its asking for issues down the road at the very least, even if it is .12A but to each their own, its your money and i cant see the broken mobo from my house.

No one should be buying crappy leds like that anymore. And if they are spending the cash for high rpm fans, then a hub would be a logical choice, or a powered splitter. Even then it's not an issue. You don't need to run them at max speed ever, so it won't be an issue. 
Clearly the op put what fans they want, which won't hit that speed and the leds are separate. So, there isn't and will never be an issue. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

t30 2000  - 0,13  

Noctua NF-A12x25  2000  0,14

ek vardar 2200 - 0.18
arctic bionix 2300 - 0,13

cm sf120 2400 - 0,18

noisenlock m12  2000 - 0,17
Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-2000  0,1

'Thermaltake ToughFan 2000  0,11

EK-Vardar X3M 120ER  2000  0,18

2 hours ago, AI_Must_Di3 said:

Pretty much any decent fan that does 2000/2200 or more rpm's is going to use close to .3A, that would be Delta, Yate loon,Noctua, EK, San Ace, Noise Blocker, Scythe,etc... The only time you will see less than that is if you go down to the 1600 or lower turd territory. 

still not first of april

On 1/26/2023 at 5:44 PM, NorKris said:

when a guy asks u prob need to look up how much the fan is using yes?

P12 ARGB is a 0.12 fan. that means he can have 8 of them on the same header. I would only recomend 7 but hey 

not many fans do, some corsairs but 

So i could plug 3 of them on one header and have no problem ? They are 0.11A for the Fan and 0.4A for the ARGB

20 minutes ago, Justsomeonewho said:

So i could plug 3 of them on one header and have no problem ? They are 0.11A for the Fan and 0.4A for the ARGB

Yes ofc. u can have 7 of them on 1 header 

*ARGB is its own connector

8 hours ago, NorKris said:

Yes ofc. u can have 7 of them on 1 header 

*ARGB is its own connector

Yeah i'm just a dumb ass, will connecting all 3 fans on the same ARGB header be a problem too ?

21 minutes ago, Justsomeonewho said:

Yeah i'm just a dumb ass, will connecting all 3 fans on the same ARGB header be a problem too ?

No. They make the parts intended for this kinda use. And splitters specifically made for it. 

8 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

No. They make the parts intended for this kinda use. And splitters specifically made for it. 

Perfect