Forspoken PC Requirements Announced | RTX 4080 Recommended for 4K

AlTech
6 minutes ago, decolon said:

Well with Hogwarts legacy, its officially RIP for any GPU that has less than 16 VRAM. The 3080 gets like 20fps once you run out of VRAM at 1080p with RT on.

I have 12 gb on my 3080 ti and I am running at 4K ultra with RT on and DLSS Quality at ~45-50 fps. Game recommended 32 gb ram is so far bullshit as i havent surpassed 7.9gb. It does required DLSS performance to get stable 60fps. At 45 fps in large area there is screen tearing. No gsync is stupid. They shouldn't have limited the resolution to window mode so we can enable gsync/freesync

Just now, Franck said:

I have 12 gb on my 3080 ti and I am running at 4K ultra with RT on and DLSS Quality at ~45-50 fps. Game recommended 32 gb ram is so far bullshit as i havent surpassed 7.9gb so far. It does required DLSS performance to get stable 60fps. At 45 fps in large area there is screen tearing. No gsync is stupid. They shouldn't have limited the resolution to window mode so we can enable gsync/freesync

Hogsmeade has drops to around 17-20 FPS on 3080 10GB with RT on no DLSS on 1080p (as tested by Hardware Unboxed). Hogwarts itself is probably fine, but yeah there are serious VRAM and RAM issues. 

7 minutes ago, Franck said:

I have 12 gb on my 3080 ti and I am running at 4K ultra with RT on and DLSS Quality at ~45-50 fps. Game recommended 32 gb ram is so far bullshit as i havent surpassed 7.9gb. It does required DLSS performance to get stable 60fps. At 45 fps in large area there is screen tearing. No gsync is stupid. They shouldn't have limited the resolution to window mode so we can enable gsync/freesync

GSYNC (or well GSYNC compatible in my case) is working for me. You may need to go into your nVidia control panel and toggle it from Fullscreen only to Fullscreen and Windowed

I've been playing on my 3080 10GB with 1440p RT on and DLSS balanced. Had to drop texture and render distance to avoid the VRAM issue but get 60fps+ (upward of 85 or so in some areas) otherwise. Still get the frame drop/stutter when entering new areas but I think that's an everyone issue?

51 minutes ago, Franck said:

Unless there is something I'm missing (like gsync ultimate requirements) there is an option to enable gsync in borderless.

AMD 7950x / Asus Strix B650E / 64GB @ 6000c30 / 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 4.0x4 / 7.68TB Samsung PM9A3 / 3.84TB Samsung PM983 / 44TB Synology 1522+ / MSI Gaming Trio 4090 / EVGA G6 1000w /Thermaltake View71 / LG C1 48in OLED

Custom water loop EK Vector AM4, D5 pump, Coolstream 420 radiator

2 hours ago, Dr_Whom said:

Still get the frame drop/stutter when entering new areas but I think that's an everyone issue?

Yes entering area there is a loading and stutter. But anyhow your GSYNC option i didn't think of that. It's probably defaulted to full screen. I'll change it for next time thanks.

Anyhow my driver are like 4 months old i should update as there is probably some performance driver update.

• 3 weeks later...

Bit necroing but I don't think this deserves it's own topic.

https://www.pcgamer.com/square-enix-snuffs-out-luminous-the-studio-behind-forspoken/

Luminous Productions ceases to exists at the start of May and will be consumed by their parent company, Square Enix. Forspoken will be getting patches and the DLC planned for summer will be continue being on release schedule so shouldn't matter a lot.

Basicly from within industry: What did you expect? Releasing a game that is "Meh" at the best with hardware requirements making Hogwarts looking like a Lego castle. And yes, that equation was on purpose. Pretty much expected failure when you look at it now and the biggest memory of the Forspoken is the recommended specs and everyone trying which tin can can run it and how well. Otherwise there really wasn't anything to write home about and then the Hogwarts Legacy came and bye bye Forspoken's hardware requirements.

TL;DR: In May world will be one game studio poorer and it's sad but they really didn't do anything too remarkable and so "who cares?" because companies get bought and cease to exists daily.

1 hour ago, Thaldor said:

Luminous Productions ceases to exists at the start of May and will be consumed by their parent company, Square Enix. 

Personally I don't view this as a big deal. They were created by SE, and they now return to SE. It was an attempt to let them do something different. It didn't work out as hoped. Things move on. My concern is that the wider SE doesn't seem able to make a stand out new title. Feels like they're getting carried by existing profitable IPs.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible