Anyone Tried This Audio Track To Restore Peak Performance To Audio Systems ?

worstalentscout
50 minutes ago, worstalentscout said:

been using this since the late 1990s..............play for 30 minutes for even better results............sound will be quieter...............cleaner with more delicate treble and tighter bass............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izl1XlLTI_w

So you've posted the same garbage on YT as well. Is this an ad? You've used it since the 90's? Did you post that video as well? Just read the description. The author clearly has no understanding of how electronic components work. Either they do or they don't. There is no adjustment and capacitors are not based around magnets. Resistors in some cases used to but that was a long long time ago (80's).

If your speakers sound bad over time, it is because either the neodynium magnets have weakend (very unlikely), magnetic interferrence or the membranes have become less flexible, something you can fix or replace quite easily. If it were that easy to solve every issue in a sound system, why isn't it the WD40 of audio?

To answer your question, no, I have not used something like it. Looks like a big fat SCAM to me. April fools is still months away.

2 hours ago, Applefreak said:

So you've posted the same garbage on YT as well. Is this an ad? You've used it since the 90's? Did you post that video as well? Just read the description. The author clearly has no understanding of how electronic components work. Either they do or they don't. There is no adjustment and capacitors are not based around magnets. Resistors in some cases used to but that was a long long time ago (80's).

If your speakers sound bad over time, it is because either the neodynium magnets have weakend (very unlikely), magnetic interferrence or the membranes have become less flexible, something you can fix or replace quite easily. If it were that easy to solve every issue in a sound system, why isn't it the WD40 of audio?

To answer your question, no, I have not used something like it. Looks like a big fat SCAM to me. April fools is still months away.

the audio track used to be on sale..................not anymore for a long time.................sold by Densen - a very good Danish electronics brand...........

you can just use the Youtube video..............run it on your pc for 30 minutes.............then listen to music again and you'll hear the difference for sure

9 minutes ago, worstalentscout said:

the audio track used to be on sale..................not anymore for a long time.................sold by Densen - a very good Danish electronics brand...........

you can just use the Youtube video..............run it on your pc for 30 minutes.............then listen to music again and you'll hear the difference for sure

Even if that was possible, which it isn't, YT's compressed audio would take away any all details. I will run the YT video for 30 minutes if you will pay my hourly consultation fees.

Can you please elaborate on what your post is all about. I still don't get the point.

If you want a real experience, get a pair of studio speakers (JBL, Yamaha, KRK etc.) or decent Headphones and uncompressed audio.

I think the OP is talking about speaker burn in for new pro audio speakers, some companies actually recommend and supply tracks playing various white and pink noise for an even burn in on new equipment to get the most accurate frequency reproduction and longevity from the speakers, however most consumer speakers are pre burned in by the factory, and alot of pro audio companies do this factory side now as well so its not as much a necessity as it used to be, much like building a racecar engine you cant just bolt it in and go balls to the wall, there's a break in period that if ignored can result in performance issue even total failure.

But again most companies do burn in factory side now a days

Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

as for restoring peak performance, playing audio cant do that, if this track dose anything it is overloading the speakers across the spectrum effectively burning out the better frequency production of the speakers to match the frequency's where they lack performance evening out the sound, like sanding out a rough surface that has alot of pits and holes until you get below those holes and make a smooth surface in which if thats the case it actually making the sound worse but gives the impression of sounding better due to a more balanced range, also this will take years of life from the speakers, which is why speaker burn in tracks should only be used during first use and not again after the recommended time

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

6 hours ago, worstalentscout said:

been using this since the late 1990s..............play for 30 minutes for even better results............sound will be quieter...............cleaner with more delicate treble and tighter bass............

Sorry, hold on... Can you clarify what exactly this video is about? I have yet to watch it because I don't want to give views to things that are scams.

Are you saying that you literally just need to play the video back and it will "magically" make your speakers sound better after 30 minutes?

Or am I misunderstanding this, and it's actually a tutorial on how to adjust your speaker settings on your local speaker system? Because it sounds like the former, which is 100% absolute nonsense, fake snake oil scam.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

16 hours ago, lotus10101 said:

I think the OP is talking about speaker burn in for new pro audio speakers, some companies actually recommend and supply tracks playing various white and pink noise for an even burn in on new equipment to get the most accurate frequency reproduction and longevity from the speakers, however most consumer speakers are pre burned in by the factory, and alot of pro audio companies do this factory side now as well so its not as much a necessity as it used to be, much like building a racecar engine you cant just bolt it in and go balls to the wall, there's a break in period that if ignored can result in performance issue even total failure.

But again most companies do burn in factory side now a days

no this Densen DeMagic track is not for burning-in.............i've forgotten how it works since i read about it over 20 years ago................but over time, your sound system (pc or hifi) will sound ''dull'' and ''grungy'' ..............playing this track will bring it back to peak performance again..............i found playing the track for 30 minutes work even better..............

the sound is cleaner........quieter..........and treble is more refined and delicate...............bass is tighter.......... 

14 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Sorry, hold on... Can you clarify what exactly this video is about? I have yet to watch it because I don't want to give views to things that are scams.

Are you saying that you literally just need to play the video back and it will "magically" make your speakers sound better after 30 minutes?

Or am I misunderstanding this, and it's actually a tutorial on how to adjust your speaker settings on your local speaker system? Because it sounds like the former, which is 100% absolute nonsense, fake snake oil scam.

the video will simply play a kind of high pitch tone..............just keep it on repeat for 30 minutes..............then play your usual music again..........you'll hear a major difference.............

16 hours ago, Applefreak said:

Even if that was possible, which it isn't, YT's compressed audio would take away any all details. I will run the YT video for 30 minutes if you will pay my hourly consultation fees.

Can you please elaborate on what your post is all about. I still don't get the point.

If you want a real experience, get a pair of studio speakers (JBL, Yamaha, KRK etc.) or decent Headphones and uncompressed audio.

the track will work on anything............be it cheapo ...............or even ultra high end systems ...............

29 minutes ago, worstalentscout said:

no this Densen DeMagic track is not for burning-in.............i've forgotten how it works since i read about it over 20 years ago................but over time, your sound system (pc or hifi) will sound ''dull'' and ''grungy'' ..............playing this track will bring it back to peak performance again..............i found playing the track for 30 minutes work even better..............

the sound is cleaner........quieter..........and treble is more refined and delicate...............bass is tighter.......... 

What component in the audio circuit do you think changes over time  so that your audio becomes "grungy" or "dull" ? What "recovers" after playing the audio file ? 

Think about it ... you have a power supply, you have an audio amplifier chip which is basically all silicon, you have some capacitors which store energy, you have wires and you have speakers. The only thing that has moving parts is the speakers, the membrane moves up and down as a coil of wire (an electric magnet) energizes. 

Only electrolytic capacitors can degrade over time, but playing a audio file won't magically repair them ... it's a chemical reaction in the electrolytic substance (a semi-liquid substance inside) that causes impurities to form over time during use and actual damage/ corrosion in the foils inside the capacitor (like HOLES in the foils inside) - playing sound doesn't magically patch the holes and remove impurities from inside capacitors' electrolytic substance and doesn't replenish that electrolytic substance.

Your audio system doesn't have pipes with water or liquids, where you could claim deposits inside the pipes could affect the flow of liquid and therefore you'd need some magical substance to clean the interior of pipes...so this audio track will do pretty much NOTHING to the audio system.

Do you hear yourself when you say playing for 30 minutes works even better? How do you measure how much better?  If it sounds even better after 30 minutes, how about if I let it play for 60 minutes, or 120 minutes, or 300 minutes? Will it sound even even better? At what point you're not hearing improvements? 

How do you determine if there's actual improvements, some blind AB tests ?

You would need to have two identical rooms with two identical audio systems used the same way for a few years, and have someone use this audio track in just one room (you not knowing which room) and then you'd listen to some audio tracks in each room and figure out which sounds better.

Without something like this you are just fooling yourself with placebo effect, your brain wants to confirm it sounds better, because you don't want to be the fool that paid money for a scam.

Also as others told, if the audio track on CD had some sine waves or some specially crafted audio effects to do something to the audio circuit,  the audio track shouldn't work on Youtube, because youtube compresses the audio to AAC, MP3 or Opus in a LOSSY mode ... all these codecs have some concepts about how HUMANS perceive sound and what parts of sound HUMAN ears don't notice so well, and drop some parts of audio or mask it (lower quality) in order to reduce file size - that's how you get uncompressed CD audio (1400 kbps) down to 96-128 kbps. 

So while the audio may seem the same or nearly the same to you when playing on Youtube compared to playing from original CD ... to an audio amplifier and audio system those audio effects could be totally different, distorted, not the same as the audio cd sound. 

"burn-in" is the biggest pile of bullshit audio snobs have ever come up with. also why haven't mods nuked this self-promoting ad post yet?

5 hours ago, mariushm said:

What component in the audio circuit do you think changes over time  so that your audio becomes "grungy" or "dull" ? What "recovers" after playing the audio file ? 

Think about it ... you have a power supply, you have an audio amplifier chip which is basically all silicon, you have some capacitors which store energy, you have wires and you have speakers. The only thing that has moving parts is the speakers, the membrane moves up and down as a coil of wire (an electric magnet) energizes. 

Only electrolytic capacitors can degrade over time, but playing a audio file won't magically repair them ... it's a chemical reaction in the electrolytic substance (a semi-liquid substance inside) that causes impurities to form over time during use and actual damage/ corrosion in the foils inside the capacitor (like HOLES in the foils inside) - playing sound doesn't magically patch the holes and remove impurities from inside capacitors' electrolytic substance and doesn't replenish that electrolytic substance.

Your audio system doesn't have pipes with water or liquids, where you could claim deposits inside the pipes could affect the flow of liquid and therefore you'd need some magical substance to clean the interior of pipes...so this audio track will do pretty much NOTHING to the audio system.

Do you hear yourself when you say playing for 30 minutes works even better? How do you measure how much better?  If it sounds even better after 30 minutes, how about if I let it play for 60 minutes, or 120 minutes, or 300 minutes? Will it sound even even better? At what point you're not hearing improvements? 

How do you determine if there's actual improvements, some blind AB tests ?

You would need to have two identical rooms with two identical audio systems used the same way for a few years, and have someone use this audio track in just one room (you not knowing which room) and then you'd listen to some audio tracks in each room and figure out which sounds better.

Without something like this you are just fooling yourself with placebo effect, your brain wants to confirm it sounds better, because you don't want to be the fool that paid money for a scam.

Also as others told, if the audio track on CD had some sine waves or some specially crafted audio effects to do something to the audio circuit,  the audio track shouldn't work on Youtube, because youtube compresses the audio to AAC, MP3 or Opus in a LOSSY mode ... all these codecs have some concepts about how HUMANS perceive sound and what parts of sound HUMAN ears don't notice so well, and drop some parts of audio or mask it (lower quality) in order to reduce file size - that's how you get uncompressed CD audio (1400 kbps) down to 96-128 kbps. 

So while the audio may seem the same or nearly the same to you when playing on Youtube compared to playing from original CD ... to an audio amplifier and audio system those audio effects could be totally different, distorted, not the same as the audio cd sound. 

can't remember the explanation from over 20 years ago...............but whatever the reasons.........playing the track for 30 minutes and the sound is better than before..............

3 hours ago, Stan2292 said:

"burn-in" is the biggest pile of bullshit audio snobs have ever come up with. also why haven't mods nuked this self-promoting ad post yet?

then you're unable to tell the difference................i know people listening to Bose and then proper audiophile hifi - and they can't tell the difference..........

burn-in works for all things - from cables to the speakers............the burn-in process sometimes make the sound worse and then improve...........

4 hours ago, Stan2292 said:

Though I'm not supporting the OP claim but Burn in for new pro audio speakers is recommended by the manufacturer with instruction's given by the factory fyi not something cooked up by end users

8 hours ago, worstalentscout said:

the video will simply play a kind of high pitch tone..............just keep it on repeat for 30 minutes..............then play your usual music again..........you'll hear a major difference.............

Oh.. so I was right. It's a complete and utter scam. Gotcha.

Listen, if you can't explain how this works, please don't post this kind of snake oil garbage.

If you can explain how it works... you better publish that work in a peer reviewed science journal, because you'd be incredibly rich and famous for inventing a totally new way to repair electronics using random sound files.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

On 1/17/2023 at 3:35 AM, worstalentscout said:

You'll get much better results with this.

https://www.myhifishop.de/Devices/AQ-SWITCH-SE-Audiophile-High-End-Network-Switch-audio-LAN-isolat::87.html?language=en

It uses real crystals to purify the back EMF of the digital signals to further boost the dynamic range.

Burn in isn't going to magically restore anything. If anything you're just exposing the gear to wear and tear. 

Arguably the best way to burn in most gear is regular use. Not like you'll damage your ears by enjoying music

3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX 2080

1.5TB Optane P4800X | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD | 16TB NAS w/ 10Gbe
QN90A | Polk R200, ELAC OW4.2, PB12-NSD, SB1000, HD800

9 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Oh.. so I was right. It's a complete and utter scam. Gotcha.

Listen, if you can't explain how this works, please don't post this kind of snake oil garbage.

If you can explain how it works... you better publish that work in a peer reviewed science journal, because you'd be incredibly rich and famous for inventing a totally new way to repair electronics using random sound files.

what scam is there when playing the track is free on youtube...............really that difficult to play it for 30 minutes on your pc and then listen again ??

8 hours ago, cmndr said:

Burn in isn't going to magically restore anything. If anything you're just exposing the gear to wear and tear. 

Arguably the best way to burn in most gear is regular use. Not like you'll damage your ears by enjoying music

it's not burn in track...............it removes the ''grunge''...........playing the youtube track for 30 minutes every couple months won't wear out anything..........i play this on my cd player every time before i listen to music.........

10 minutes ago, worstalentscout said:

it's not burn in track...............it removes the ''grunge''...........playing the youtube track for 30 minutes every couple months won't wear out anything..........i play this on my cd player every time before i listen to music.........

Burn in is a term described in audiophile communities to describe the idea of using gear for a while to get the parts to physically loosen up because that's "good" (note that in most instances physically STIFF parts are found to perform better but that's another story). 

Running electricity through parts WILL cause some level of wear and tear on the electronics (you're pumping electrons through things) and having drivers physically move slightly degrades them. This is seldom an issue because most of this stuff will last 10-30 years. 

Can you explain from a scientific perspective what "grunge" is and how this track has any effect on it. Explain why other content doesn't have the effect. Are there peer reviewed studies on similar matters? 

3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX 2080

1.5TB Optane P4800X | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD | 16TB NAS w/ 10Gbe
QN90A | Polk R200, ELAC OW4.2, PB12-NSD, SB1000, HD800

Are we still going on about this? Let's agree to disagree 

1 hour ago, worstalentscout said:

what scam is there when playing the track is free on youtube...............really that difficult to play it for 30 minutes on your pc and then listen again ??

Scam is probably that you're getting ad revenue from it.