Completely overkill build, but is everything optimal/compatible

I'm building a new PC in a few months once I've saved up enough money in my new job, and want to build a completely overkill PC, which I've wanted to do since I was around 10 (I'm 21 now). I've posted this question to r/buildapc, but never get a straight answer. All I want to know, is whether or not the PSU is powerful enough, the RAM is ideal, and whether there are any compatibility issues that I should look out for. If there are any incompatibilities or changes I could make that would squeeze any more performance out of the rig, please let me know!

I will mainly be using this build for gaming, video editing, streaming, and potentially 3D rendering to add flair to videos in a 'TheRussianBadger' style.

Parts that I don't really want to change (unless there's compatibility issues):

GPU

AiO

Monitors

Mouse

Case

OS

Parts I already have:

Thermal Paste 😂

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/VgJkZw

You might run into problems getting your memory running at its rated 6200Mhz while occupying all 4 DIMM slots. Intel also only validates the 13900KF up to 5600Mhz with DDR5, so bear that in mind as well. While the PSU is fine, I would personally go a vender such as Seasonic for peace of mind.

If you want the best response time, I'd recommend a wired mouse. Though I get it, it's a lot more comfortable wireless.

The PSU should be okay.

A comment you probably don't want to hear but here goes nothing: overkill for the sake of overkill is setting yourself up for disappointment. Personally, saving less and getting a less overkill build now would make me happier. You will already get a high end PC spending 2 grands, and you can use the rest of the money on paying someone to work on your 3D logo or to go on holiday you know... I've been there before, thinking the last piece of equipment would fulfill me and make my rig complete but at some point it becomes obsessive, and I can imagine that would be your case too if you've been saving thinking about it for a decade and saving for months.

3 hours ago, Lairlair said:

If you want the best response time, I'd recommend a wired mouse. Though I get it, it's a lot more comfortable wireless.

The PSU should be okay.

A comment you probably don't want to hear but here goes nothing: overkill for the sake of overkill is setting yourself up for disappointment. Personally, saving less and getting a less overkill build now would make me happier. You will already get a high end PC spending 2 grands, and you can use the rest of the money on paying someone to work on your 3D logo or to go on holiday you know... I've been there before, thinking the last piece of equipment would fulfill me and make my rig complete but at some point it becomes obsessive, and I can imagine that would be your case too if you've been saving thinking about it for a decade and saving for months.

That's what I plan on doing. You've sussed me out. What I'm going to do is get less RAM, get a lower-spec GPU, and get less storage to begin with. Then once I've saved up more after getting that lower-end PC, I'll buy the upgrades. Thanks for the advice!

5 hours ago, fehllyy said:

You might run into problems getting your memory running at its rated 6200Mhz while occupying all 4 DIMM slots. Intel also only validates the 13900KF up to 5600Mhz with DDR5, so bear that in mind as well. While the PSU is fine, I would personally go a vender such as Seasonic for peace of mind.

Do you know how I'd help myself running the RAM at its rated speed with 4 sticks? And also would it be better to get a cheaper CPU if it can't even run at my RAM's speed? Or get cheaper RAM?

With RAM, I'm pretty sure you are paying more for the brand and name than actual performance. But seeing you are Corsair fan, that's probably fine.

Why extra fans? Are you looking to fill out all places or is it for looks? You don't need more for cooling performance.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 hours ago, fehllyy said:

Corsair and Seasonic are probably the two most reliable PSU brands available, unless you buy lowest tier corsair then yeah its fire hazard.

1 hour ago, Lieutenant LJW said:

Do you know how I'd help myself running the RAM at its rated speed with 4 sticks? And also would it be better to get a cheaper CPU if it can't even run at my RAM's speed? Or get cheaper RAM?

Having 4 sticks of RAM is like having 4x 2inch pipes of water flowing into a bathtub with a single 5inch drain. You will never get the water to drain fast enough before the input flow overflows the top of the bathtub.

Essentially the answer to your question is no. Ram is there to provide easy access to information directly to the CPU or long explanation basically it pre-ques the information from the SSD or HDD for the CPU Cache before fed to the CPU to process. Filter and funnel.

Running the RAM at higher speeds is just turning up the flow from the pipes. You're not gaining anything if the cpu can't handle the flow or process the information at the same rate, hence my example with the bathtub drain. 

I am currently running an Intel I7-4790 with Crucial 8GB DDR-3 1600 CL9 and it still performs quite well with newer games, maybe not able to keep up at max settings but it does well. It can handle Star Citizen at high settings which says a lot.

Your rig should be built to last approximately 7-10 years and shouldn't really age noticeably age until that 7th or 10th year to be realistic. Just about to hi that 9th year later this year. and yes I can tell but my rig still has life.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

57 minutes ago, Lieutenant LJW said:

Performance wont scale greatly with memory speeds at 4K so going for 5600Mhz would be completely fine (around ~2% fps delta at 4K between 4800Mhz and 6000Mhz DDR5). If you wanted to, you could just get one 16x2GB kit to run higher speeds in order to get as much performance as possible (if you're ok with 32GB of memory). Getting a lower tier CPU isn't a solution to the problem. 

1 hour ago, Lieutenant LJW said:

Either use a 4x16GB or better yet a 2x32GB kit on the motherboard memory QVL. Using two 2x16GB kits is just setting up for a lot of work tuning memory.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

2 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

With RAM, I'm pretty sure you are paying more for the brand and name than actual performance. But seeing you are Corsair fan, that's probably fine.

Why extra fans? Are you looking to fill out all places or is it for looks? You don't need more for cooling performance.

Because the case that I have comes with 3 fans pre installed and 3 slots on the back right (as you look at the case), and the AiO that I'm planning on getting has 3 so I'd use that as an intake on the front and move the pre-installed fans to the top as exhausts. I read and watched Linus that said more intakes is better that more exhausts.  I'm not really a Corsair FAN, I just like the fans and cases, and I've heard a lot of good things about most Corsair products 🙂

2 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

Corsair and Seasonic are probably the two most reliable PSU brands available, unless you buy lowest tier corsair then yeah its fire hazard.

Having 4 sticks of RAM is like having 4x 2inch pipes of water flowing into a bathtub with a single 5inch drain. You will never get the water to drain fast enough before the input flow overflows the top of the bathtub.

Essentially the answer to your question is no. Ram is there to provide easy access to information directly to the CPU or long explanation basically it pre-ques the information from the SSD or HDD for the CPU Cache before fed to the CPU to process. Filter and funnel.

Running the RAM at higher speeds is just turning up the flow from the pipes. You're not gaining anything if the cpu can't handle the flow or process the information at the same rate, hence my example with the bathtub drain. 

I am currently running an Intel I7-4790 with Crucial 8GB DDR-3 1600 CL9 and it still performs quite well with newer games, maybe not able to keep up at max settings but it does well. It can handle Star Citizen at high settings which says a lot.

Your rig should be built to last approximately 7-10 years and shouldn't really age noticeably age until that 7th or 10th year to be realistic. Just about to hi that 9th year later this year. and yes I can tell but my rig still has life.

Do you have any recommendations on different RAM or CPU then that would basically mean I wouldn't be wasting money on large amounts of RAM? I am looking to do a lot of rendering at some point, so that's why I chose 64GB, but if it's not necessary, then I could just get 32GB, or just slower RRAM that better suits the CPU.

1 hour ago, fehllyy said:

Performance wont scale greatly with memory speeds at 4K so going for 5600Mhz would be completely fine (around ~2% fps delta at 4K between 4800Mhz and 6000Mhz DDR5). If you wanted to, you could just get one 16x2GB kit to run higher speeds in order to get as much performance as possible (if you're ok with 32GB of memory). Getting a lower tier CPU isn't a solution to the problem. 

As I said in a reply I just made, I'm not keen on the idea of less RAM, as I'm looking to do some fairly intense rendering. I'll probably change the RAM to 5600MHz. Thank you for your help, it's greatly appreciated. 

1 hour ago, brob said:

Either use a 4x16GB or better yet a 2x32GB kit on the motherboard memory QVL. Using two 2x16GB kits is just setting up for a lot of work tuning memory.

To begin with, I'm looking to get a 2x16GB kit to just make the PC a little cheaper so I can get it sooner, then just upgrade certain parts when I save up more money. 

23 minutes ago, Lieutenant LJW said:

Do you have any recommendations on different RAM or CPU then that would basically mean I wouldn't be wasting money on large amounts of RAM? I am looking to do a lot of rendering at some point, so that's why I chose 64GB, but if it's not necessary, then I could just get 32GB, or just slower RRAM that better suits the CPU.

5600 MHz RAM would be a better choice because if the rendering is very intense than the capacity would matter more than the MHz. 

Xi Jinping loves LTT (trust me).

Everything I say is true, unless it's false.

30 minutes ago, Lieutenant LJW said:

Because the case that I have comes with 3 fans pre installed and 3 slots on the back right (as you look at the case), and the AiO that I'm planning on getting has 3 so I'd use that as an intake on the front and move the pre-installed fans to the top as exhausts. I read and watched Linus that said more intakes is better that more exhausts. 

It matters only for dust. Pressure as whole is very misunderstood and debunked as meaningful by air cooling people. With SIO intake and 3x top exhaust you are neutral or slightly to negative which tends to be better for performance. I would wave off extra fans for now and see if you need them for performance. GPU cooling is something you might need some more cooling power.

30 minutes ago, Lieutenant LJW said:

I'm not really a Corsair FAN, I just like the fans and cases, and I've heard a lot of good things about most Corsair products 🙂

Picking almost every Corsair that can be Corsair though. I'm not saying it's bad thing, or even that Corsair would raise prices for sake of brand. They do in some aspects where they are considered premium.

PS. I merged your posts. Please use multi-quote feature to reply more people in one post.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv