[Video] Losing a Lot of Liquid - My First Custom Liquid Loop

MrP
Go to solution Solved by Devryd,

If there is no leak, I think it is just air which was in the radiator. You can try to get rid of it by moving your PC a little bit. As long as no liquid runs out, you should be ok

So yeah, filled up to the brim yesterday and now just under 24 hours later its lost about a quarter of the reservoir.

I've been keeping a close eye on it, no leaks anywhere from what I can see.
Any ideas for what I can try? Maybe I'll filling up all the way again and make an update in another 24 hours?

Edit: I'll re-emphasize this. This is my first liquid build. IDK what im doing. xD It looks aweful

If there is no leak, I think it is just air which was in the radiator. You can try to get rid of it by moving your PC a little bit. As long as no liquid runs out, you should be ok

Maybe it worked all the air out of it since yesterday then and thats why it lost so much.

I turned off my machine just now and stuck a piece of sticky note to note the level its at. Turned on the machine, tipped it fully 90 degrees slowly forward and then back the opposite way 90. Powered off and checked and it didnt move at all so I think all the air is out.

I'll check it tomorrow and post my findings.

2023-01-04 11.27.26.jpg

That's normal after filling your loop for the first time. All that air takes a bit to work itself out of the nooks and crannies and back into your reservoir. 

Also keep in mind, that you dont want your reservoir complely full. Keep at least a few cm of air in there so the water can expand if it gets warmer

Just got to my shop and the level hasn't gone down! So I'm assuming it was just a lot of air haha! Wooohooo! Thanks all!

20230105_094348.jpg