steam games not showing (not just installed games)

Go to solution Solved by Avocado Diaboli,

This may be a dumb question, but were those games always not showing up for you? Because I doubt you bought over 500 games and never noticed that they didn't show up in your library. Do they show up in your home screen if you insert a shelf and select "All"? 

image.gif.00d6e76722a593335fa580eda3edc4d9.gif

Also, to get back to that idea that these games probably didn't always go missing, what has changed since they did. Did you mess around with any of the settings? If so, uninstall Steam, reinstall and check if that changes anything. Don't worry about your game files, if you add your current game folder back into Steam, it should automatically detect the games as installed.

I have 534 games but only 79 are showing up.
when I search for a game that is not there I can find it but I can't see all of them in 1 go or in collections. 
(pictures attached as reference)
I checked all my settings and all of them in order as far as i can tell + hidden games in the view menu check that and it's empty.
how do I fix it?😩

tnx for the help🥺

NVIDIA_Share_9j3ehhwUEp.png.3f65cff5f4cc619e339b9b93e0ad7abf.pngNVIDIA_Share_PjFtDimVVh.png.930093537942793744516dcf8fd87eb0.png

not sure if this helps , but to me this looks normal -  it actually does show installed and uninstalled games, if you scroll up and down... its really only 79 games?

also top right,  if you click on this icon 20230103_140934.png.29dbc0e9495b41ecc8add0d42fb03297.png

im pretty sure thats "filter" you just have to remove any filters / select "show all" ...

one thing seems obvious you didn't lose any games, you just set some filters so it doesn't show all of them...  i cant really help much further though because ive never used any of these features and i dont even use this steam client,  i use Steam metro, which looks like this st665.PNG.10e135e64a2dd63e6ed538930d366bdb.PNG

and my "filter" is at the exact same spot, and by default it only shows installed games but of course it does show all games when i t

select that... 

2 hours ago, EnderDeath said:

not as far as i know i added a pic it said it doesn't show 3 games because of a filters but i don't have any set (pic added) NVIDIA_Share_TykLHzUneP.thumb.png.c75884f9376e40697033ffab7df0c8e1.png

tbh, it doesn't look like filter is your problem,  its probably "collections" , try this?

https://techguided.com/how-to-hide-unhide-games-in-steam/

Also have you tried restarting Steam?

ps: maybe you have to select "group by collection" too...?

that's why i don't use the standard steam client, much too convoluted.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

8 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

not sure if this helps , but to me this looks normal -  it actually does show installed and uninstalled games, if you scroll up and down... its really only 79 games?

also top right,  if you click on this icon 20230103_140934.png.29dbc0e9495b41ecc8add0d42fb03297.png

im pretty sure thats "filter" you just have to remove any filters / select "show all" ...

one thing seems obvious you didn't lose any games, you just set some filters so it doesn't show all of them...  i cant really help much further though because ive never used any of these features and i dont even use this steam client,  i use Steam metro, which looks like this st665.PNG.10e135e64a2dd63e6ed538930d366bdb.PNG

and my "filter" is at the exact same spot, and by default it only shows installed games but of course it does show all games when i t

select that... 

tbh, it doesn't look like filter is your problem,  its probably "collections" , try this?

https://techguided.com/how-to-hide-unhide-games-in-steam/

Also have you tried restarting Steam?

ps: maybe you have to select "group by collection" too...?

that's why i don't use the standard steam client, much too convoluted.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

looks normal to me too but still 450 games don't show up

This may be a dumb question, but were those games always not showing up for you? Because I doubt you bought over 500 games and never noticed that they didn't show up in your library. Do they show up in your home screen if you insert a shelf and select "All"? 

Also, to get back to that idea that these games probably didn't always go missing, what has changed since they did. Did you mess around with any of the settings? If so, uninstall Steam, reinstall and check if that changes anything. Don't worry about your game files, if you add your current game folder back into Steam, it should automatically detect the games as installed.

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█

██      ███   ▄   ▄████▄   ██▄████▄     ▄████▄   ██   ▄

██      ███ ▄██ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ███▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ██ ▄██

██     ███▀  ▄█ ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███ ██  ▄█

█▄██  ▄▄██▀    ██  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██  ██  ██

▀███████▀    ▄████▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀ ▄█████████▄

11 minutes ago, Avocado Diaboli said:

no luck with the shelf still 79 only.NVIDIA_Share_Mao4pGbO70.png.ac05afc41fe846374dfdd53e93814c1f.png
and it happened recently im not sure when but in the last month or so for sure.
i did not play with the settings but ill try to reinstall now.

24 minutes ago, Avocado Diaboli said:

reinstalling seems to have fixed it tnx! that was an odd bug 😕 

ty !!