No one seems to do this? Case with aggressive styling with high-end materials

So this seems to be impossible to find. You either find a metal case (think Obsidian lines, caselabs cases, etc) and you can find aggressively styled cases (I quite like the Rosewill Throne, Coolermasters Scout/Trooper lines, you know the type) but it seems that any company building a case that is meant to look aggressive has to be made out of plastic, and I just love the look and quality feel of metal.

I would like it to be a relatively nice case, in the $100-$300 range, and as modular as possible.

So, let me know if you guys know of any, I've checked every site I can think of, every manufacturer, I'm at my wits end.

My Build 
i7-4790k @4.6GHz, 16GB GSkill Ares RAM, Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming G1, Strix 970, RM1000 PSU, 128GB Sandisk SSD, 1TB Barracuda, 3TB WD Green, CM Storm Scout II

Inb4 the Define R4

Nevermind. It's not aggressive in style.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Corsair Vengeance cases maybe? Not sure about what you're expecting your case to be like...

Most people mod their own so they get 100% what they want.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Coolermaster HAF cases are all I can think of.

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

Coolermaster HAF cases are all I can think of.

They aren't aggressively styled, they're styled like crap.

@OP I can't think of any, and I can understand why. When you make something look aggressive depending on how you do it a particular style of aggressiveness may only appeal to a few of the people looking for something like that so less units would be moved as a result. I've looked around but everything that I've found is mostly plastic and thin steel.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Vengeance C70, but it's almost 2 years old now. No cheap-ass plastic.

I would say Corsair's new SPEC series, but they suck, suck, suck, suck, suck, are very cheap, are catered towards budget builds, and suck, suck, suck. Did I mention that they suck?

Thanks for the input all, in response:

Define R4 is a lovely case, but also very sleek, not at all aggressive.

HAF cases are plasticy and I wouldn't say aggressive as much as I would say industrial

Vengeance C70 I've looked at, and yes it is an older case, but it seems like it might be the only thing. It has an industrial "military" style, which still isn't quite what I wanted, but at least it's more than a plain metal cube.

My Build 
i7-4790k @4.6GHz, 16GB GSkill Ares RAM, Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming G1, Strix 970, RM1000 PSU, 128GB Sandisk SSD, 1TB Barracuda, 3TB WD Green, CM Storm Scout II

They aren't aggressively styled, they're styled like crap.

Why don't you let the OP decide on that. If you compare them to most of the cases, they are in fact on the ratehr aggressive side.

@OP If you have the guts and tools, you could always mod a normal case to your liking :)

Maybe also check out Thermaltake (not sure about their quality though)

Or Rosewill? http://www.rosewill.com/products/21/147/446/0000/series.htm

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

Why don't you let the OP decide on that. If you compare them to most of the cases, they are in fact on the ratehr aggressive side.

@OP If you have the guts and tools, you could always mod a normal case to your liking :)

Maybe also check out Thermaltake (not sure about their quality though)

Or Rosewill? http://www.rosewill.com/products/21/147/446/0000/series.htm

The HAFs aren't too bad, just not what I'm looking for. I guess when I say aggressive styling, imagine something along of the lines of a supercar (ferrari, bugatti, lambo, etc) but made of metal. I like features like the Thrones fins at the top, I like the sharp angular bits on the front and top of the trooper, I like the way the Phantom line has the protrusions that look almost alien, but they all are way more than just a metal box and yet not something meant to look like it's out of a steel factory with plastic representations of bolts.

I've considered modding, the issue for me is that I have none of the tools and no idea where to start. Honestly, I'm considering going with the Carbide Air 540 (even though it's made of plastic and is in no way aggressive) simply because it's the case that best fits my needs, down the line I may consider adding some flair to it, but I would have no clue how.

My Build 

the take-away from the "fanciness' and non-plastical feel is duplicating the

fabrication process for a mass-produced case. SilverStone TJ-07 is an example.

the uni-body was a custom stamped part, but yet all of the side panels had to be

fitted and ground down to make the "fit" more tolerable for a $350 case (retail) in

the day. and that just was a front/top sheet metal stamping. makes a niche market

for sure and expensive, too.

Corsair Vengeance cases maybe? Not sure about what you're expecting your case to be like...

Most people mod their own so they get 100% what they want.

wielding a sword and coming at you 60+fps!

The Beast [Case -  Corsair 750D CPU - I5 4670k @ 4.3ghz 1.2V CPU cooler - Hyper 212 evo Mobo - MSI g45 z87 RAM - G.Skill Z series 4*4@1866mhz GPU - Gigabyte windforce 3x r9 290 Storage - SSD, samsung 840 evo 120gb HDD, Western Digital Blue 1tb PSU - SilverStone Strider silver 80+ 750WPeripherals [Monitor - ASUS VS239 IPS 23" Keyboard - Corsair K95 Mouse - Mad Catz RAT 7]

I don't know about build quality but I find that Thermaltake Level 10 series is rather striking.

Its not really that aggressive but i think nzxt's phantom cases are slightly 'menacing'

Maybe Silverstone's Raven line? They are high quality, and I'm pretty sure that they're made out of metal. Aggressively styled too. 

http://www.silverstonetek.com/product_case.php?tno=10&area=en

I agree with this.  Silverstone's quality is outstanding and their raven line could be somewhat "aggressive" although a tad bit pricey.

"The doctors X-rayed my head and found nothing."  - Dizzy Dean

i7-4770K, ASUS Z87 Gryphon, EVGA GTX 780 Ti, 16 GB Kingston Fury RAM, Crucial M500 240 GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Seasonic 760W PSU, Asus BD, Phanteks Evlolv mATX (Gunmetal).

BitFenix cases. They are only partially metal, as in the structural parts. Front panel is plastic. But they do look aggressive.

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Maybe Silverstone's Raven line? They are high quality, and I'm pretty sure that they're made out of metal. Aggressively styled too. 

http://www.silverstonetek.com/product_case.php?tno=10&area=en

Lot's of metal yes, but mostly plastic. They are high on my list.

I don't know about build quality but I find that Thermaltake Level 10 series is rather striking.

Again, Plastic, and not exactly my style, unfortunately.

Its not really that aggressive but i think nzxt's phantom cases are slightly 'menacing'

It's funny, but design-wise, I am in love with the Phantom line, but they are all plastic except for the inner structure.

BitFenix cases. They are only partially metal, as in the structural parts. Front panel is plastic. But they do look aggressive.

Love em, I really do, but they are plastic.

I appreciate the assistance, but I'm doubting anything exists that I'm looking for.

My Build 

So this seems to be impossible to find. You either find a metal case (think Obsidian lines, caselabs cases, etc) and you can find aggressively styled cases (I quite like the Rosewill Throne, Coolermasters Scout/Trooper lines, you know the type) but it seems that any company building a case that is meant to look aggressive has to be made out of plastic, and I just love the look and quality feel of metal.

I would like it to be a relatively nice case, in the $100-$300 range, and as modular as possible.

So, let me know if you guys know of any, I've checked every site I can think of, every manufacturer, I'm at my wits end.

something like these... :P...

g01.jpg

SAMURAI-901-BLK-NP-unit.jpg

g07.jpg

most aggressive i know... 

If you like the NZXT look, the 820 is nice, huge but nice.

Posted ImagePosted Image

If you like the NZXT look, the 820 is nice, huge but nice.

Only problem is the front and top are plastic, with the sides and interior being metal. I was looking for what you are describing too, but eventually decided on the NZXT despite the plastic, and I love it.

I'd say check out the NZXT 400, 600 and 800 series.

Or check out the Thermaltake Urban series. Their 81 is entirely modular. Once I can find out if the build quality is worth it, I'll likely be upgrading to this.

https://www.thermaltakeusa.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00002239

LTT Recruit: Tacoma | Organization: UOLTT Conglomerate | Group: Salvage and Military | Fleet: Anvil Carrack, Aegis Retaliator and CO Mustang Omega

Appreciation to: artofinca.com | UOLTT Conglomerate on RSI and LTT

If you don't know what my avatar is, it's from: Silverhawks

Haha, am I nuts?

Metal case, aggessive styling, so far lots of aggressive cases, all plastic. lots of metal cases, all plain-jane boxes.

I appreciate the attempt to help, but trust me, I've looked at all those and more, and have already turned them down for reasons that could easily have been gathered from my original post.

So I guess, for all further suggestions, a quick test:

1) Is it made of plastic?

2) Does it look plain? Is it just a box?

If the answer to either is yes, I will likely say no.

My Build 

I think maybe the issue here is that it would simply cost far too much to make a the aggressive styled panels of some NZXT cases out of metal, the moulds and the industrial processes needed would mean that the finished product would cost double what higher end cases sell for today.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

As said before, metal cases are simple because it is easy to cut flat sheets to shape and do minor bends, and aggressive cases are plastic because you make a few expensive molds and then just pump plastic into them. Machining an aggressive looking case would be well above the $300 price point.

The Level 10 (not the GT version, I have that one and its crap for the amount it costs...) for instance is like $800 and still isn't that crazy of styling. Although I'm sure a good chunk of that price is for prestige, its still very expensive to produce something like that and make a profit.

main.jpg

What is your favorite aggressive styled plastic case that you wish was metal?