SFF NR200P Max with MSI RTX 4080 GAMING X TRIO - will it fit? Any other comments/suggestions are appreciated!

usuq
Go to solution Solved by IkeaGnome,

Here's a 337 mm 4090 in a 200p max.

Budget (including currency): 30.000DKK (4300 USD)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Primarily CS:GO and AE4, but AAA games in the future connected to LG 65 G1 4K OLED.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 
CPU: Intel Core i7-13700KF 3.4 GHz 16-Core Processor  ($529,23) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z790-I GAMING WIFI Mini ITX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($651,70) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6800 CL34 Memory  ($326,21)
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 4080 GAMING X TRIO - 16GB GDDR6X RAM - $1573,67
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($264,11) 
Case: Cooler Master NR200P MAX UK Edition Mini ITX Tower Case ($409,62)
Total: $3.754,54
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-12-27 17:05 EST-0500

So I'm going for an SFF power build, but I would also like for it to be rather quiet. I was going for the regular NR200 case, but couldn't fit the GPU that's on sale right now. The GPU is 337 mm long, and on PCpartpicker it is stated, that the case can fit a 336 mm long GPU. But I'm thinking, that a little force then what is 1 mm!? Am I stupid? Has anyone tried to fit a 337 mm long or longer GPU into the NR200P Max?

This will be my first SFF build, so please share any comments/suggestions you might have.

Thanks!

You're not stupid, it's a valid question that will be hard to answer without the components in hand to test fitment.

Myself... I would be willing to take the chance that i may have to make some slight modifications to the components that I want with a reasonable expectation that it will end in success.

1mm is not much, looking at the pictures for the gaming x trio it appears that the backplate is the part that protrudes the furthest out in the length of the card. I would be willing to test fit the card and if necessary remove and modify the back plate from the card to shorten the length.

When it comes to sound level in any pc there are a few rules to take advantage of to keep noise down.

1: Reduce power consumption by undervolting or power limiting to lower the amount of heat the PC needs to handle

2: Run fans SLOW, turn your fan curves down till you achieve the sound level that you want, this will inherently mean that temperatures may be slightly higher(see 80-90C) which is perfectly fine for the components but some users don't like temps above 70C
3: the BIGGEST coolers you can fit will help the slow fans dissipate more heat despite the lower airflow.

When it comes to cases this means going one path or the other, Either:
1. a restrictive case that baffles and reduces sound but also restricts airflow

2: a well ventilated case that relies upon SLOW fans and UNrestricted airflow to keep noise and temps down.

I personally prefer the second option as you can choose to either keep noise low via fan speed and reducing power consumption OR you can keep the airflow and then overclock to your hearts content if you start to not care about noise.

Here's a 337 mm 4090 in a 200p max.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Thanks for the advice above. Unfortunately the offer for the GPU ended before I got to order. Thought I had better time. I'll go for a MSI GeForce RTX 4080 16GB SUPRIM X instead. It's $60 more, but it's on stock. So hopefully I'll get it within a week or so. Best thing is, that it is exactly 336 mm, so it should just fit the NR200P, which I decided to go for. 

Shout out for the video @IkeaGnome! Found a few other NR200P Max builds on youtube which made up my mind 😄

Can't wait to get the parts. Thanks for all the advice to everyone!

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/28/2022 at 2:09 PM, usuq said:

Thanks for the advice above. Unfortunately the offer for the GPU ended before I got to order. Thought I had better time. I'll go for a MSI GeForce RTX 4080 16GB SUPRIM X instead. It's $60 more, but it's on stock. So hopefully I'll get it within a week or so. Best thing is, that it is exactly 336 mm, so it should just fit the NR200P, which I decided to go for. 

Shout out for the video @IkeaGnome! Found a few other NR200P Max builds on youtube which made up my mind 😄

Can't wait to get the parts. Thanks for all the advice to everyone!

SUPRIM X is 78mm thick, according to specs, whereas NR200P MAX supports video cards up to 75mm.

Also got same case recently, and choosing which RTX4080 to buy. Did you have a chance already to check how it fits? Are you planning to go with TG or mesh panel?