Is my CPU actually the cpu presented in Task Manager?

Go to solution Solved by Middcore,

CPU-Z

HWinfo64

Even fuckin' Speccy although I never recommend Speccy

Is there any specific reason for your paranoia about this? 

I just bought a computer, and I'm not sure if the CPU listed in Task Manager is the actual CPU in the machine. Of course, I could take the computer apart and examine the CPU, but I'd like to use software. Does anyone know of a program that is always 100% accurate and displays the proper CPU? I've seen how you can alter a CPU such that it appears in the Task Manager as a different model. I hope you understand what I'm saying because it was a bit difficult to explain and I was unable to locate an answer on Google.

CPU-Z

HWinfo64

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

6 minutes ago, MilkShaker775 said:

I just bought a computer, and I'm not sure if the CPU listed in Task Manager is the actual CPU in the machine. Of course, I could take the computer apart and examine the CPU, but I'd like to use software. Does anyone know of a program that is always 100% accurate and displays the proper CPU? I've seen how you can alter a CPU such that it appears in the Task Manager as a different model. I hope you understand what I'm saying because it was a bit difficult to explain and I was unable to locate an answer on Google.

CPU-Z, yeah.

2 minutes ago, Middcore said:

CPU-Z

HWinfo64

Thank you. Well the guy I bought it from seemed kinda fishy and it wasn't very expensive, but he let me try and view the specs so i bought it, but I was still kinda suspicious,

11 minutes ago, MilkShaker775 said:

BIOS does it too 😛 

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

just run cb23 compare it to what this cpu usually gets... they can't fake that,  can they?!

3 hours ago, PDifolco said:

BIOS

well, that could be faked 👀 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder