Screwdriver Bit Holder

Shin-Gouki

My order for extra bits arrived. I bought all of them for the Screwdriver I got as an Early Birthday Present from an old friend (I am cursed with a December 25th Birthday)

Got this case off Amazon and it works perfectly!

https://a.co/d/6zGcFll

20221220_192713.jpg

20221220_192748.jpg

See I'm a 21st century digital boy,
I don't know how to live but I've got a lot of toys. 

• 4 weeks later...

Dude you are awesome for posting this! My screwdriver and ALL the bits are in transit right now and I just realized that I don't think I have a good way to store all the bits so if this works, then I am ordering it RIGHT NOW.

I was browsing around to try to see if Creator Wearhouse was going to be producing a bit holder or storage device of some kind, but don't really see any info about that yet. Unless I just missed it completely.

Here is how I did it.

I purchased bit holders from Amazon and then cut them in half using the Jerry Rig knife.  It is soft plastic so very easy to cut in half.  Also by cutting them in half I made a second set for my friend who I bought a LTT screwdriver for.  Finally, I took the time to label everything (creating the lables took the most time).  I used a brother p touch and a 6-point font and spread everything out correctly.  A set of 10 full size bit holders cost me $9.

20230114_142654.thumb.jpg.f9f04a4d7041d787b894e36df8765bfc.jpg

Once LTT releases their version I suspect I will use that however for $9 and a little time it works.  Used my screwdriver to replace the battery on this laptop just this morning.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the tool belt screwdriver holster from megapro will hold the ltt screwdriver?

Ok, but hear me out. Is this hex bit holder not objectively cooler?

But LTT should sell a holder! I would have definitely bought one when I bought my screwdriver and extra bit sets (still waiting on my Feb. 10th wave).

51IhmWl1i8L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Just out of curiosity, in yesterday's stream Linus showed off the following:

image.png.d6d2869148ce50af19b145851fe2e845.png

Are you guys going to make the top lid magnetic as well? That's my main grievance with most bit holders of this style, they design the lid to act as parts tray screws but then you accidentally knock into it (or drop it if you're Linus) and the small screws fly off everywhere.

I'm definitely not interested in a seperate box for bits. Obviously each has their own preference, but once I need to care a seperate box, I might as well not bother with their bits. I mean I got my fair share of quality bits in boxes.

Instead I like to see a reasonably compact system that holds the driver and the bits, that way it's always together.

By all means, LTT should sell it if they want, and I'm sure plenty will buy it. But to me it feels like a bad system for a screwdriver that was made to be used in a compact way.

It's a nice recreation, but I got lots of doubts about it.

First of all the 'vacuum' part, the screwdriver feels great while pushing the bits down, it just slides, with just enough pressure to not make it (feel) loose, but also not requiring significant strength. For a 3d print this is so much harder to do, I would argue nearly impossible, and the design itself would give very different results based on printer, infill, plastics etc. Ideally you would want to design it for a resin printer, because they would be more likely to give a consistent result.

Arguably more important, there is the bitholder clips itself, due to the way the plastic is printed, they can't be that strong imo, I can see these breaking fairly easy. Sure you can use some different plastics to counter that argument a bit, but I still don't see it working as nicely either way.

In the end it's a very inefficient design, yes it matches the screwdriver which is cool, but the design was chosen like this for the handle, because you need the handle anyway, so might as well use the room, but as just a bitholder, it's too massive for my liking.

Btw while I think it's fine to criticise other peoples work, I also think people should put their money where their mouth is. Currently I'm working on a case myself for both bits and the driver. Making good progress, currently doing the cutout for the driver, have done a few testprints to get the proper shape going for the cutout, and I think the current one I'm printing, should have the right fit. Once I got the right fit going, I will design the rest of the case.

23 hours ago, Neroon said:

It's a nice recreation, but I got lots of doubts about it.

First of all the 'vacuum' part, the screwdriver feels great while pushing the bits down, it just slides, with just enough pressure to not make it (feel) loose, but also not requiring significant strength. For a 3d print this is so much harder to do, I would argue nearly impossible, and the design itself would give very different results based on printer, infill, plastics etc. Ideally you would want to design it for a resin printer, because they would be more likely to give a consistent result.

Arguably more important, there is the bitholder clips itself, due to the way the plastic is printed, they can't be that strong imo, I can see these breaking fairly easy. Sure you can use some different plastics to counter that argument a bit, but I still don't see it working as nicely either way.

In the end it's a very inefficient design, yes it matches the screwdriver which is cool, but the design was chosen like this for the handle, because you need the handle anyway, so might as well use the room, but as just a bitholder, it's too massive for my liking.

Btw while I think it's fine to criticise other peoples work, I also think people should put their money where their mouth is. Currently I'm working on a case myself for both bits and the driver. Making good progress, currently doing the cutout for the driver, have done a few testprints to get the proper shape going for the cutout, and I think the current one I'm printing, should have the right fit. Once I got the right fit going, I will design the rest of the case.

please test before criticizing 😉

9 hours ago, Riffnshred said:

please test before criticizing 😉

Why you say that?

On 12/21/2022 at 4:29 AM, Shin-Gouki said:

My order for extra bits arrived. I bought all of them for the Screwdriver I got as an Early Birthday Present from an old friend (I am cursed with a December 25th Birthday)

Got this case off Amazon and it works perfectly!

https://a.co/d/6zGcFll

20221220_192713.jpg

20221220_192748.jpg

Thank you for this. I will buy this too it is awesome at least from the pictures. Also if anyone from EU wants to buy it here is a link to it from the German Amazon

Specs: 

Spoiler

PC:CASE: FD Define r6 | CPU:Intel Core i7-8700k | MB: MSI z370 PC Pro RAM: 32GB Corsair vengance LPX 3000 GPU: Asus rx 6900xt Tuf STORAGE: nand 500GB Samsung 970Evo plus ; Game Storage: 2TB Samsung 860QVO Storage: 2 x WD Green 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | CPUCooler: Noctua NH-D15   DISPLAY: LG 27GL850