fan hole cut outs in a wooden pc case

randomperson201

im planing on making a custom wood pc case and was wondering wut is the best way to cut fan holes that actually look good

Jigsaw.

or try a drill for big holes?

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.

Use a hole saw.

i5 3570K - MSI GD65 z77 - 660ti 2gb SLI - Kingston HyperX Blu 8gb (4x2gb) - Corsair H100i - Corsair 500r - Corsair HX 850w - Kingston HyperX 120gb SSD

I would also recommend a hole saw. But make sure you are perfectly straight up and down otherwise you will have an angled hole.

i5 2500k, MSI Z77 Mpower, 4x4 GB Musking Enhanced Blackline. MSI N560GTX-Ti Hawk(temporary), Samsung 830 128, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750w

Your best results will be with a router. Though I understand the cost is not in everyones budget. Though if you plan on doing a lot of computer/wood.metal work I would highly recommend a DW621 as it can be used to cut aluminum holes as well. I would personally avoid a jigsaw as one slip up and your screwed. The next best is a hole saw. Don't use a harbor freight hole saw if you are looking for a good finish use a 4 1/2 inch(120mm) Irwin or Bosch. Then like mentioned above sand with 180,220,320, 400 sandpaper.

If you decide to go with a hole saw make sure you first drill a pilot hole from 1/8in to 5/32 then to your hole saw drill bit size for the most precise cut with least wobble. Depending on the thickness of your wood will help you decide if you need scrap wood with you.

If it is a thin piece of wood I would recommend putting it in the middle of two other pieces the same size to prevent wood chipping. Also use this method if the wood has been laminated to prevent the laminate from ripping up.

I hope this helps

-steve

Wow thanks for the awesome advice steve ill see if i can borrow one of a friend of mine