Prebuilt worth of considering for an upgrade?

Ergroilnin

Budget (including currency): 660 to 825 eur

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: mainly Diablo II resurrected, various Final Fantasy including newer ones like 12 and 13; persona titles; world of final fantasy

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

So I am considering a one time upgrade. I may be able to get a prebuild HP Omen 25L DT - should be basically this one - https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-25l-desktop-pc-gt12-1000i/2100404876/document/ish_5811057-5811472-16

My current build has a very similar case and my components are i7-4770; 1060 6gb zotac; 16gb ddr3; 1 tb + 256 gb ssds. I would take the 1tb ssd to the Omen for 2 tb ssd storage.

Obviously this would be a very big jump in performance and in case I could get my hands on the PC on the lower end of the range, it kind of seems like a no brainer.

I liked building this PC and all, but all things considered, I do not have enough free time and money to spend on custom and upgrading over time and this seems like a very good price to performance. I'd only have one year warranty, but I could stress test the PC before buying for two or three days to see if there is anything concerning.

Now is there anything very obvious I am missing if I go with Omen prebuilt DT other than possibly locking myself somewhat down the road with upgrades (possibly custom power supply or connectors or something?)

Thanks for input!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I am using a 4k 60 hz main monitor right now and the old 1060 while still reliable, does have problems with higher details. I might be changing monitors in the future to 1440p 144hz, but it is not planned and would take a long time so 4k60hz it is atm.

24 minutes ago, Ergroilnin said:

prebuild

Nothing wrong with doing that. I run a prebuilt Dell Precision workstation that I have heavily upgraded over time.

Having said that,m the thing you really need to find, is which mobo and PSU it uses. HPs, on average, are not well built and throwing the stress of gaming into the mix, is a sure-fire mix for disaster (or short-lived parts)

If you can determine (or post a pic here and we can figure it out) the quality of those two parts, then we can make a solid decision on buy/no buy

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

33 minutes ago, Ergroilnin said:

Budget (including currency): 660 to 825 eur

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: mainly Diablo II resurrected, various Final Fantasy including newer ones like 12 and 13; persona titles; world of final fantasy

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

So I am considering a one time upgrade. I may be able to get a prebuild HP Omen 25L DT - should be basically this one - https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-25l-desktop-pc-gt12-1000i/2100404876/document/ish_5811057-5811472-16

My current build has a very similar case and my components are i7-4770; 1060 6gb zotac; 16gb ddr3; 1 tb + 256 gb ssds. I would take the 1tb ssd to the Omen for 2 tb ssd storage.

Obviously this would be a very big jump in performance and in case I could get my hands on the PC on the lower end of the range, it kind of seems like a no brainer.

I liked building this PC and all, but all things considered, I do not have enough free time and money to spend on custom and upgrading over time and this seems like a very good price to performance. I'd only have one year warranty, but I could stress test the PC before buying for two or three days to see if there is anything concerning.

Now is there anything very obvious I am missing if I go with Omen prebuilt DT other than possibly locking myself somewhat down the road with upgrades (possibly custom power supply or connectors or something?)

Thanks for input!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I am using a 4k 60 hz main monitor right now and the old 1060 while still reliable, does have problems with higher details. I might be changing monitors in the future to 1440p 144hz, but it is not planned and would take a long time so 4k60hz it is atm.

Well prebuilts from OEM are usually just bad but cost less, cheapness of non quality lol 🙂

But what exactly are the specs and price of the one you plan to get ? The page you link is a general overview with many different parts...

I had a look at a big German prebuilt (non OEM) vendor, that usually do good stuff, and you can't really get something decent below 750EUR, for example this one :

https://www.memorypc.de/gaming-pc/mid-range/1555/gaming-pc-amd-ryzen-5-5500-6x3.60-ghz-16gb-ddr4-rx-6600-8gb-500gb-m.2-ssd?c=16

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

As far as I see, the page does show that this build is with 11400F rather clearly, only showing that the MB is compatible with more CPUs?

Also there is a link there for the motherboard which they call Oasis.

34 minutes ago, Ergroilnin said:

As far as I see, the page does show that this build is with 11400F rather clearly, only showing that the MB is compatible with more CPUs?

Also there is a link there for the motherboard which they call Oasis.

How much would you have to pay for this one? It doesn't look that bad tbh. The only thing that i see what could be better is the RAM Configuration, it seems it only has a single tick of ram which will decrease the performance.

The PSU should be fine, normally HP uses ok PSUs 

I could check if i can config a build for the same price.

Well the price is in the OP, the range there is because I've yet gotten it priced but it would be in that price range.

The problem with building something myself is that just a 3060ti costs 500 euro by itself here and custom prebuilts from big local vendors are also way more expensive.

Also if it is a single slot of 16gb RAM, I could get it upgraded at work to dual stick 32 gb for rather cheap.

The only real reason why I am even thinking about upgrading is because I could get this particular prebuilt from my employer with huge discount while still having a year of warranty from HP itself.