Recommendation for new smallish Smartphone

Ohundreds
Go to solution Solved by JogerJ,

Zenfone 8 would be great if you can get it for about the same price of Pixel 6a. As for Pixel 6a, it has decent battery life. Its battery size on paper does not determine its actual battery life. Google actually did decent battery life management under the hood. The selling point Pixel has over Zenfone is its cheaper pricing and longer software support

As for Samsung, only get it if you get a really good deal, they usually offer trade-in bonuses on top of price cuts, but you'll have to live with One UI so there's that. Sony was the most innovative in the smartphone scene back in the day along with LG, tho imo other brands have caught up and their software isn't necessarily the best either.

Hi guys

Unfortunately the batterie of my current Google Pixel 4a begins to blow up and it's time to get a new one.

I really liked that phone because of its sice, so I wondered if you guys have any recommendations for an similar sized phone.

I'm looking for an Android Phone, no Apple because I'm fully integrated with all kinds of Google Services and I don't want to move everything to Apple Services.

Batterie life is important for me, that's the only thing that bothered me about the pixel 4a.

AUX Port would be nice, but that seems to be a rare thing now.

I already looked at the following Phones:

- ASUS Zenfone 8 - Currently the best option

- ASUS Zenfone 9 - A bit to expensive in comarision

- Google Pixel 6a - Should be nice aswell but I worry about the batterie life

- Samsung Galaxy 22 - Nice but batterie life again

- Sony Experia 10 iV - Seems abit cheap and I never had or seen a Sony Experia.

Do you have any suggestions or experience with samll Smartphones?

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Just get a battery replacement? Rando hole in the wall shop has it done in a day or 2 for 70$ tops.

Unfortunately i can't find a replacement Batterie wehre I live (Switzerland), expect one that isn't the orginal spare part so i keep my hands off that one.

And all those Smartphone Repair Shops in my area don't offer repair for Google Pixel Phones.

I could send it in via the shop I bought it from but I fear it would be to expensive cause it's out of warranty.

Zenfone 8 would be great if you can get it for about the same price of Pixel 6a. As for Pixel 6a, it has decent battery life. Its battery size on paper does not determine its actual battery life. Google actually did decent battery life management under the hood. The selling point Pixel has over Zenfone is its cheaper pricing and longer software support

As for Samsung, only get it if you get a really good deal, they usually offer trade-in bonuses on top of price cuts, but you'll have to live with One UI so there's that. Sony was the most innovative in the smartphone scene back in the day along with LG, tho imo other brands have caught up and their software isn't necessarily the best either.

If you found my answer to your post helpful, be sure to react or mark it as solution 😄

33 minutes ago, JogerJ said:

I can get the Pixel 6a for around 400 Bucks, the Zenfone is in sale for 480.

So i think the 6a would be the best option then.

1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

Also consider the Xiaomi 12X

Compact phone with great camera and 120Hz screen

Has pretty good battery life by using the older but very power efficient SD870

Thanks, I'll have a look at it!

I found a Pixel 6a for around CHF 360.- which is much cheaper than the others so i went for that one.

Thank you all for your reccomendations!