LTT keeps disrespecting trackball mice, do you guys use one?

IRMacGuyver
On 11/9/2022 at 4:50 PM, Sarra said:

Yep... I'm considering one of them, I would like a TKL with mechanical switches, but being honest with myself, I'll probably have to compromise. Unless I can find a stand alone TrackPoint(TM) option that isn't a DIY project. I'll probably just get one of the ThinkPad Keyboards (I think they're even called that lol).

There are actually some vintage boards with trackpoints that are mechanical! they are highly sought after however, as all model M boards are, and thus quite expensive.($500 US at minimum, usually closer to 600) https://www.clickykeyboards.com/product-category/ibm-model-m13-trackpoint-ii/ Here’s an info page. There are a few on ebay as well. I really want one but can’t justify the cost lol

Tex also makes a few, but they’re also quite expensive, albeit not as expensive as the M13: https://tex.com.tw/pages/back-to-the-future

On 11/12/2022 at 3:07 PM, Poinkachu said:

But palm user and/or low dpi people might need more than I do.

im not sure what this all means but this is how much space i have

20221125_210233.thumb.jpg.c2e7715688caac425d834afd12206a59.jpg

(Logitech m185 , 1000dpi, not sure if thats high or low?  but it's definitely *perfect* <-- the mouse, the space could definitely be more lol)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

54 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

(Logitech m185 , 1000dpi, not sure if thats high or low?  but it's definitely *perfect* <-- the mouse, the space could definitely be more lol)

Mine is not much different tbh.

Flick dat mouse like there's no tomorrow man.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

3 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Mine is not much different tbh.

Flick dat mouse like there's no tomorrow man.

haha, yeah you definitely don't need much space for a mouse, but the keyboard gets sometimes in the way... i cant put it further away because that's literally all the space there is (small coffee table)

i can cope, but yeah, it could be better,  and that's already the smallest keyboard I could find with a numpad... (some oem dell, but i really like it otherwise) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

6 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

haha, yeah you definitely don't need much space for a mouse, but the keyboard gets sometimes in the way... i cant put it further away because that's literally all the space there is (small coffee table)

i can cope, but yeah, it could be better,  and that's already the smallest keyboard I could find with a numpad... (some oem dell, but i really like it otherwise) 

Well, all I can suggest is to get a hard enough and big enough board, then glue/nail/clamp it to extend that coffee table.
Or you know, a lockable hinge, so you can lower the extension when it's not needed.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

4 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Are you left handed? 

Best mouse purchase I ever made. People love to shit on things without trying one out. Zero wrist pain using a mouse with this thing, I cannot say that with any other mouse I tried and I tried a couple.

Spoiler

Hmm.thumb.jpg.1dc030125408e864f147e18ff65df61d.jpg

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18