Can someone help me diagnose my Ipod shuffle 4th gen issue?

Solidwings333

So I have an iPod shuffle 4th gen and for a few months now I have been having this issue that from what I researched doesn't seem to exist, my iPod can hold charge perfectly fine so there are no battery issues there, it can still respond to the iTunes software while dragging and dropping music works fine as well the ability to play the song off my iPod in the iTunes software, I have restored it multiple times but that doesn't fix it and I've not locked my buttons. However when I disconnect it, switch it on with my headphones plugged in no music plays or any voice stating that it needs to be restored, and instead I get a green led that blinks for 4 seconds and continues that cycle over and over again with the buttons being unresponsive besides switching it off and on and not any form of corruption is happening so I have no idea what to do now.

(also don't have a mac or any apple based computer to go through and attempt to fix the issue)

i would try contacting apple, 90% chance they will say it needs servicing, but maybe they will have something useful. I've heard of plenty of error codes, but not one that just flashes green repeating, couldn't even find info with a bit of a search. maybe it's just shot? is it possible that any liquid got in and is shorting a button or something? if so, may be worth opening it up and cleaning it out with alcohol(if your able to).

Well apple in their wisdom as always did not provide me with any answers and tried to upsell me on an iPhone 14 or send it in for repair which is too costly and not worth it, so im pretty much gonna have to take a chance and try to open it up and clean, also couple months ago it was in the washing machine and pretty much got washed, im still pretty shocked as to the fact it can still function mostly and if by opening it up and cleaning it fixes it then its a miracle.

Also thanks for the advice

5 minutes ago, Solidwings333 said:

Well apple in their wisdom as always did not provide me with any answers and tried to upsell me on an iPhone 14 or send it in for repair which is too costly and not worth it

good old apple.

5 minutes ago, Solidwings333 said:

also couple months ago it was in the washing machine and pretty much got washed,

that sounds like it could be the culprit, maybe it didn't cause any immediate damage, but corrosion built up over time causing an issue? worth trying to clean it with 90%+ Isopropyl alcohol imo. watch a video or two, iirc it isn't too bad to open them up.