Good PS/2 Mouse (if such a thing exists)

RONOTHAN##

So along with a fairly major setup upgrade (I'll get to those parts later on in other posts) I'm gonna be setting up a dedicated test bench for use with some of the older hardware I like messing around with/testing newly acquired hardware I plan on flipping. For that setup I'd prefer to have a set of native PS/2 peripherals, since they always work and if I want to do something stupid like load up Windows XP on a modern system, they're kind of required. I've already got a PS/2 keyboard from an old prebuilt I got a while ago, it's nothing special but since I'm not gaming or typing up long essays on it, I don't really care about that. I don't have a PS/2 mouse, and that's where my question comes into play. 

Are there any particular models I should look out for? I'm not gonna be gaming on it or anything, but would prefer something a bit more ergonomic (I daily a G502 Lightspeed for reference as to what I find "comfortable") and with a sensor that isn't e-waste (*cough* *cough* ball mice). It doesn't need to be gaming oriented or have insanely good tracking, I'd just rather have something that won't annoy me or have noticeable tracking issues like the $10 ones on Amazon that came up every time I tried to search for one. I wouldn't mind going to eBay to find something if it's no longer being produced, but if prices could stay in the <$50 realm that would be preferred. 

Thanks in advance!

Microsoft Mouse, if you can find one: 5f624acd746f8_78841b.jpg

I hate mice but this one has a reasonable size and doesn't hurt my fingers.  They also work very well and are like indistructable.  If you ever find one, never give it away.

i don't have any mouse suggestions, but what about just using a usb to ps/2 adapter? they are pretty cheap, and you could just use your already owned preferred mouse, or would that not work?

Just now, bmx6454 said:

i don't have any mouse suggestions, but what about just using a usb to ps/2 adapter? they are pretty cheap, and you could just use your already owned preferred mouse, or would that not work?

I have thought about doing that, but I know those can be pretty picky with what peripherals they work with (they require a native PS/2 signal IIRC), and since all of the mice I own are pretty recent Logitech Gaming mice that don't do that, I figure the odds of them working are pretty small, and if I'd have to get a mouse anyway to be able to use one, I figure might as well just get one native so I don't have to deal with one of those adapters. 

29 minutes ago, heimdali said:

I hate mice but this one has a reasonable size and doesn't hurt my fingers.  They also work very well and are like indistructable.  If you ever find one, never give it away.

In my office we still have one of those intellimouse sealed. It shall be kept that way as a shrine. Mostly because whichever lucky user who got it would've likely complained they got a Windows Me/XP era mouse.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

19 minutes ago, heimdali said:

Looking on eBay it looks like I can find a couple open box versions of them for about $10-20 without too much difficulty, so that's probably in the lead (though most of the ones I'm finding are USB and not PS/2, but they should be fine with an adapter if I can't find a native PS/2 one for a good price). I'll probably look a little bit more to see if there's anything else, but it's looking like my best option right now. 

Go for one, they're really good and you probably won't find any better ...  What could you do wrong at this price.