Hey,

Earlier today I watched a Tek Syndicate video. In there they talked about via, a processor company I had never heard of before, so I loaded up their page and found they overall have very low power processors. I will be going to collage soon and want to build a computer that could go to collage and be brought back home in the summer. I was wondering if a tiny itx system with a via processor would be a viable option (no pun intended). It would have a ssd as storage, a amd grahpics card, possibly the powersupply that came with the case, a motherboard that supports the chip, and low profile ram. Would this be a decent system to just simply load with linuix of some sort, and only program or surf the web on?

Video Link:

Thanks,

Beefy

Any particular budget your working with?What will the system be used for?I might be able to help. I've never heard of via, probably best just to stick with the big names.

If its a collage build.. I don't think your going to go to college.

You're correcting others but can't even get it right yourself. :D

In my opinion there's no real benefit to the VIA processors, at least not for mainstream use. You should look into AMD's offerings instead.

If its a collage build.. I don't think your going to go to college.

Maybe it's a build with a bunch of pictures of other builds cut out and placed artistically on the outside of the case?

I'm sorry but it's college not collage. College -- school; collage -- collection of pictures. VIA boards aren't really that convenient for that kind of use, AMD has some compelling offers and even more now with their new line-up of lower power APUs.

i'm a potato