How to find out PSU Load?

MPX309

Ok so I know the RM fan spins at 40% (correct me if I'm wrong) but is there a software to monitor PSU load? thanks

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

You will need a device that reads watt usage from the plug. Use maths or judgement to work out the percentage ;)

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X | Mobo: ASUS Strix X570-I Gaming ITX | GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB 3600MHz | Storage: Corsair Force MP600 1TB PCI-e Gen 4 & 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Cooler: Stock Prism | Case: NZXT H210i | PSU: Corsair CS500M

You can get one of those wall things to monitor the wattage coming from the computer.

Kill A Watt- $20 and measures watts, amps. etc

then use simple math to find load

CPU: 4770k @ 4.6 MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Formula RAM: G-Skill Trident X 16GB @ 1866 COOLER: EK Custom Loop (Supremacy/780 Block/360mm/280mm/MCP35X/Bitspower Res) GPU: Galaxy GTX 780 HOF @1425  STORAGE: 120GB/240GB Samsung 840 Evo, 2TB WD Black, 3TB Seagate Barracuda PSU: EVGA Supenova 1000G2 Case: Corsair 750D with 140mm Akasa Vipers MONITOR: Asus VG248QE

oh right, ha. . . I don't really care that much, I'm thinking of switching PSU and GPU in the summer, the RM is taking my fancy was just wondering roughly what you'd need to be doing on comp for fan to kick in . . . if anyone thanks 

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

I have a kill-a-watt and my FX 6100 and HD6850 pull 200w under full load, a lot less than I expected B)

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

If you're thinking of changing PSU anyway it's worth measuring to see what you actually need.

probably just get the 650, don't plan to get more than one GPU or much else, that an a new CPU and 8gb more ram coming next week I'll be good. edit might aswell just wait till broadwell 

Software is pretty bad at accurately measuring power draw. Something like a kill-a-watt and some math is a relatively cheap way to get a close estimate.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.