PayPal - payment status: pending

RedSpade

I'm waiting to send a laptop to someone but what does payment pending mean?

Murphy's Law: "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong"

That it's not done yet

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Does it mean PayPal has the money or the buyer hasn't sent it yet?

Does it mean PayPal has the money or the buyer hasn't sent it yet?

Wait till you've received the payment then send the laptop. Pending means the payment is getting processed through PayPal.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

Don't send it until it says completed.

no, dont do that once the money is pending, you have received it but paypal is holding on to in until they get the product, so once it is pending send it

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

no, dont do that once the money is pending, you have received it but paypal is holding on to in until they get the product, so once it is pending send it

yea no. Paypal has the money but the seller hasn't got it in their account.

OP- Once the payment has the status of completed then you send it out.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

yea no. Paypal has the money but the seller hasn't got it in their account.

OP- Once the payment has the status of completed then you send it out.

do you mean like completed but funds not availible

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

Only sometimes, for instance if he is new or doesn't meet the stat requirements to skip that system, I've sold 600+ items and this has never happened to me apart from when there was an issue with the buyer's payment method or they have used an e-cheque that takes days to clear.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/security/paypal-funds-availability

@RedSpade You will need to check your paypal account/balance/details of that transaction to see if your funds are being held because of your seller stats or because of an issue with the buyer's payment, it will normally say in your Paypal account whether or not it's safe to send the item yet.

eBay is becoming so buyer-centric it's ridiculous.

Only sometimes, for instance if he is new or doesn't meet the stat requirements to skip that system, I've sold 600+ items and this has never happened to me apart from when there was an issue with the buyer's payment method or they have used an e-cheque that takes days to clear.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/security/paypal-funds-availability

@RedSpade You will need to check your paypal account/balance/details of that transaction to see if your funds are being held because of your seller stats or because of an issue with the buyer's payment, it will normally say in your Paypal account whether or not it's safe to send the item yet.

eBay is becoming so buyer-centric it's ridiculous.

well i have only sold a few things and it happens to me everytime

do you mean like completed but funds not availible

It has to be completed with funds available then send item out. I usually wait to get completed payment with available funds in my Paypal account then transfer it to my bank. I send out the item as soon as I have funds in my Paypal account.

Pending can take up a couple of hours to a week even.

It has to be completed with funds available then send item out. I usually wait to get completed payment with available funds in my Paypal account then transfer it to my bank. I send out the item as soon as I have funds in my Paypal account.

well i have been sending out my stuff once it is completed but pending, and i have had not one problem yet, so 

well i have been sending out my stuff once it is completed but pending, and i have had not one problem yet, so 

It's just safer to actually have the money then send it out, although Paypal is already good with protection.

It's just safer to actually have the money then send it out, although Paypal is already good with protection.

well it takes so long, i think that the person would like to have it to them faster, rather just to wait because of paypal's policies, but i may take that into account with the next thing that i sell

well it takes so long, i think that the person would like to have it to them faster, rather just to wait because of paypal's policies, but i may take that into account with the next thing that i sell

True. Well if you're selling on Ebay there's the option to have direct deposit where they put money straight into your account which also takes the same time as Paypal but no fees. I've sold a couple of things on Ebay and haven't had any pending payments unless the buyer hasn't actually paid yet. You can also change the handling time so they can't complain about postage time.

well i have only sold a few things and it happens to me everytime

@RedSpade

Until recently you'd only ever send an item when payment says 'completed' but now paypal have implemented policy to hold funds on new accounts/dodgy accounts, you can see here if you might be affected by that, if nothing on this list applies to you then it's likely it's for another reason.

Check in your paypal account anyway.

@RedSpade

Until recently you'd only ever send an item when payment says 'completed' but now paypal have implemented policy to hold funds on new accounts/dodgy accounts, you can see here if you might be affected by that, if nothing on this list applies to you then it's likely it's for another reason.

well i have only 3 positive reviews from what i read from that, it says that you have to have 4 or 5, thanks

@RedSpade

That makes sense. I had a dodgy seller late last year. The one thing that Paypal needs to do is extend their for case openings periods. That seller to over 4 months to refund without Paypals help. All Paypal said was contact the police and we can help you.

I think I'll wait and see what happens before posting it, thanks everyone