Fuck Nvidia I'm switching to AMD

LazyPanda

I have never used any AMD card so Im not sure if its worth. How are AMD GPU'S. Are there problems? Is it good for competitive games?

My eng. is bad.

5 minutes ago, LazyPanda said:

I have never used any AMD card so Im not sure if its worth. How are AMD GPU'S. Are there problems? Is it good for competitive games?

My eng. is bad.

I wouldn't change tbh. I changed from AMD to NVIDIA and i love it. AMD has a ton of driver problems and buggs and are worse performance wise. They do the job but NVIDIA has sooooo many amazing features like ray-tracing, GPU acceleration, etc.

They're fine, usually better price/performance than Nvidia. Only downside is lower RT performance and worse performance for things like rendering, but if you're talking about competitive games that shouldn't be an issue.

Tip: always use the recommended drivers. Usually these are way more stable, probably comparable to Nvidia in stability.

4 minutes ago, cryptoBLD said:

AMD has a ton of driver problems and buggs

Not really the case anymore, they've improved a lot recently. The 22.10.2 driver released yesterday has a lot of fixes too.

Also AMD drivers are more sensitive to unstable RAM than Nvidia, so if you have that then that might be your problem.

4 minutes ago, cryptoBLD said:

worse performance wise

Makes sense when you're upgrading... If we're comparing the 6950 XT and 3090 Ti, both their highest end gaming cards, performance is very similar. If we're comparing RX 6650 XT vs RTX 3050, similar priced cards, the 6650 XT is a lot better. And that's the case with a lot of their cards.

better price to performance for last gen, no longer applies with the 4090, better colors by default (though u can mess around in nvidia settings), bad ultrawide support, worse drivers overall (be prepare to troubleshoot, it's a guarantee).

wait for rdna3 for the price to performance to flip again. For all the unfair crap the 4090 gets it's really the new 1080ti, but rdna3 is rumored to beat it by a good margin in rast

5950x 1.33v 5.05 4.5 88C 195w ll R20 12k ll drp4 ll x570 dark hero ll gskill 4x8gb 3666 14-14-14-32-320-24-2T (zen trfc)  1.45v 45C 1.15v soc ll 6950xt gaming x trio 325w 60C ll samsung 970 500gb nvme os ll sandisk 4tb ssd ll 6x nf12/14 ippc fans ll tt gt10 case ll evga g2 1300w ll w10 pro ll 34GN850B ll AW3423DW

9900k 1.36v 5.1avx 4.9ring 85C 195w (daily) 1.02v 4.3ghz 80w 50C R20 temps score=5500 ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 4x8gb 14-14-14-30-280-20 ddr3666bdie 1.45v 45C 1.22sa/1.18 io  ll EVGA 30 non90 tie ftw3 1920//10000 0.85v 300w 71C ll  6x nf14 ippc 2000rpm ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll l sandisk 4tb sata ssd +4tb exssd backup ll 2x 500gb samsung 970 evo raid 0 llCorsair graphite 780T ll EVGA P2 1200w ll w10p ll NEC PA241w ll pa32ucg-k

prebuilt 5800 stock ll 2x8gb ddr4 cl17 3466 ll oem 3080 0.85v 1890//10000 290w 74C ll 27gl850b ll pa272w ll w11

They're fine. Drivers are worse than Nvidia's, but they're still plenty usable, just a bit quirky. Unless you need NVENC or Cuda they're really solid options. 

I helped my friend upgrade his rig to 6950 XT from 2080, I havent heard a single word from him since so I bet he's enjoying life lol. Drivers seemed fine, GUI... gotta get used to and figure out where things are so yeah that was a bit but I haven't used AMD cards since my HD 7850 so no wonder. At least AMD tries to modernise their drivers, I'm looking at you Nvidia CP.

7 minutes ago, xg32 said:

better price to performance for last gen, no longer applies with the 4090, better colors by default (though u can mess around in nvidia settings), bad ultrawide support, worse drivers overall (be prepare to troubleshoot, it's a guarantee).

wait for rdna3 for the price to performance to flip again. For all the unfair crap the 4090 gets it's really the new 1080ti, but rdna3 is rumored to beat it by a good margin in rast

Bullshit! I can smell the bullshit on this post from well over 5000 miles! I don't even have the husky senses on your pfp btw...

My 6600 performs wonderfully on my UW, which is a G-Sync only monitor. It technically is bound to those issues yet doesn't have any...

then you talk about 4090 being 1080 Ti. You must be living in a dream world, check power consumption, prices, and come back at us.

Yea Nvidia prices are bs. and I don't have good experience with the Nvidia GPU's. I'm stuck with a broken pc. I can't buy a pc because of this bullshit prices. Fuck it.

20 minutes ago, Motifator said:

Bullshit! I can smell the bullshit on this post from well over 5000 miles! I don't even have the husky senses on your pfp btw...

My 6600 performs wonderfully on my UW, which is a G-Sync only monitor. It technically is bound to those issues yet doesn't have any...

then you talk about 4090 being 1080 Ti. You must be living in a dream world, check power consumption, prices, and come back at us.

it does perform better in uw, but when i swapped from the 3080ti to the 6950xt, the ultrawide fullscreen resolution from some games just flat out disappeared, doesnt happen on nvidia cards, yes there are fan fixes for those games.

As for price to performance, locked at 320w, and frequency optimized, the 4090 is 3x a 2080ti and 2x a 3080, and around 250w it uses half the power per frame compared to an ampere card, just because it says 450w doesnt mean u have to actually pull it (check roman or HUB's reviews)

when was the last time price to performance was linear at the top end, that's what the 4090 is.

This will change when rdna3 launches but 4090 is awesome price performance atm

5950x 1.33v 5.05 4.5 88C 195w ll R20 12k ll drp4 ll x570 dark hero ll gskill 4x8gb 3666 14-14-14-32-320-24-2T (zen trfc)  1.45v 45C 1.15v soc ll 6950xt gaming x trio 325w 60C ll samsung 970 500gb nvme os ll sandisk 4tb ssd ll 6x nf12/14 ippc fans ll tt gt10 case ll evga g2 1300w ll w10 pro ll 34GN850B ll AW3423DW

9900k 1.36v 5.1avx 4.9ring 85C 195w (daily) 1.02v 4.3ghz 80w 50C R20 temps score=5500 ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 4x8gb 14-14-14-30-280-20 ddr3666bdie 1.45v 45C 1.22sa/1.18 io  ll EVGA 30 non90 tie ftw3 1920//10000 0.85v 300w 71C ll  6x nf14 ippc 2000rpm ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll l sandisk 4tb sata ssd +4tb exssd backup ll 2x 500gb samsung 970 evo raid 0 llCorsair graphite 780T ll EVGA P2 1200w ll w10p ll NEC PA241w ll pa32ucg-k

prebuilt 5800 stock ll 2x8gb ddr4 cl17 3466 ll oem 3080 0.85v 1890//10000 290w 74C ll 27gl850b ll pa272w ll w11

I have owned at least 8x 7970 5x6950, 3x6970s, a bunch of 290Xs but after that, nothing. I am still 100% in love with the AMD Eyefinity, something the Nvidia simply havnt been able to touch, or even get close to as far as the user experience. Nvidia surround is complete rubbish compared, they only have 1 single feature that is better, which is bezel correction.
I have had 970s, 980s, 1080ti, 3080ti and 3090ti (last 3 still in my rigs) the 1080ti is still to this day, the one GPU that has stood the test of time and in my eyes still performs incredible for its age. I have just tested it with Uncharted in 4k, and holds 30fps, which is was impressed with.
That said, i do have a friend running the 6800XT, and he seems very happy with it, he is a true gamer, and by far the biggest gamer i know personally. He has it paired with 5800X and seems very happy with it.

At the end of the day, it all comes down to the individual user,and the experiance they have with the product. I know drivers has been a hot topic for AMD cards, but that doesnt mean nvidia cards cant have issues.

The card for you, is the card that does what you need it to do, and is within your budget. As a rule of thumb, i have found nvidia cards to hold a much higher used value, but due to the over stock on 3000 cards currently, that is sliding about. I just picked up my 3090ti, 3 months old, at 540euros below its new value.

Personally, i am sticking with nvidia for the foreseeable future, but who knows. If RDN3 kicks ass and just hammers performance and value for the money, things might change, unfortunately, they are so far still chasing the crown on the GPU side, while they are playing capture the flag on the CPU side.

Desktop AMD Ryzen 9 5950X - Gigabyte B550 Gaming X V2 - G. Skill Ripjaws 32gb 3200mhz CL16 - Palit RTX 3080ti - Custom loop for CPU
SimRig  AMD Ryzen 5 5800x3D - Aorus X570 Elite - Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32gb 3600Mhz CL18 - Gainward Phantom 4090 - Custom loop for CPU
Livingroom Intel Xeon E5-2667v3 - Asus X99-AII - Corsair Vengeance 48gb 3200mhz CL18 - PNY 3090 XLR8 - Custom loop for CPU

18 minutes ago, xg32 said:

it does perform better in uw, but when i swapped from the 3080ti to the 6950xt, the ultrawide fullscreen resolution from some games just flat out disappeared, doesnt happen on nvidia cards, yes there are fan fixes for those games.

As for price to performance, locked at 320w, and frequency optimized, the 4090 is 3x a 2080ti and 2x a 3080, and around 250w it uses half the power per frame compared to an ampere card, just because it says 450w doesnt mean u have to actually pull it (check roman or HUB's reviews)

when was the last time price to performance was linear at the top end, that's what the 4090 is.

This will change when rdna3 launches but 4090 is awesome price performance atm

That might have to do with the settings, COD for example asks for fresh settings, it loads all the textures again & asks you for a full reset.

4090 is not 3x 2080 Ti, and price to performance is actually all over the place on it, check the value per FPS page under this picture as well:

average-fps_2560_1440.png

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/nvidia-geforce-rtx-4090-founders-edition/33.html

4 minutes ago, Pierre3400 said:

If RDN3 kicks ass and just hammers performance and value for the money, things might change, unfortunately, they are so far still chasing the crown on the GPU side, while they are playing capture the flag on the CPU side.

Far from true, AMD will have DP 2.0 support for crazy future OLEDs AND your EyeFinity setups... Nvidia doesn't even have it. Their node is better and the cards will pull less power. They've already edged out on several areas, I'm stating this bold here, I likely will NOT be surprised to find out the 7700 XT is a better buy than the 4070 or whatever else Nvidia is readying. It WILL cost around half as much, I'm sure of it.

3 hours ago, LazyPanda said:

My eng. is bad.

everyone here has different opinions

if you're just gaming then fine, if you can get anything cheaper

in anything else no, they have a shitty software support, because unlike nvidia they don't support dev on their platforms

if you ever find anything for amd gpus is usually thanks to apple, not to amd

7 minutes ago, 12345678 said:

everyone here has different opinions

if you're just gaming then fine, if you can get anything cheaper

in anything else no, they have a shitty software support, because unlike nvidia they don't support dev on their platforms

if you ever find anything for amd gpus is usually thanks to apple, not to amd

Yeah, like Nvidia fanatics who will dog the green eyed envy monster without thinking twice. :old-eyeroll:

How about we list some of how PROTIERARY Novideo dumb company is? Since some are listing past experiences, let me tell you mine. I had an SLI Server 03 rig, and it didn't see the second card. Guess what I did? CONVERTED THE THEME to XP X64, which was the same OS, and it SAW LOL.

Now I have a Predator X34 that REQURES NVIDIA GPU TO WORK WITH VRR.

Dumb, just like their fanboys.

4 hours ago, LazyPanda said:

My eng. is bad.

If you can get a good price and all you do is game sure. Just be careful if you are expecting AMD to give you a better experience. They usually do not. Having had both, they have just about as many issues as each other, just a little different. Of course expect general support for AMD cards to be lesser if you want to venture outside of gaming. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

9 hours ago, Motifator said:

Yeah, like Nvidia fanatics who will dog the green eyed envy monster without thinking twice. :old-eyeroll:

How about we list some of how PROTIERARY Novideo dumb company is? Since some are listing past experiences, let me tell you mine. I had an SLI Server 03 rig, and it didn't see the second card. Guess what I did? CONVERTED THE THEME to XP X64, which was the same OS, and it SAW LOL.

Now I have a Predator X34 that REQURES NVIDIA GPU TO WORK WITH VRR.

Dumb, just like their fanboys.

the way that you talk describes a fanboy 

28 minutes ago, 12345678 said:

the way that you talk describes a fanboy 

I have two of these overly expensive-were monitors in here. They're both big and both ONLY support VRR over Nvidia GPUs.

If this is not stupid, tell me what is.

I have the rights to fan AMD here.

How are AMD GPU'S. Are there problems? Is it good for competitive games?

why does it matter if?:

Fuck Nvidia I'm switching to AMD

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 hour ago, Arika S said:

why does it matter if?:

True. But I dont wanna get broken pc again. Right now Im playing competitive games with a broken pc and its torture.  I got in high ranks in Apex, cs go, hunt showdown,... but further is impossible with my broken pc. 

1 hour ago, LazyPanda said:

True. But I dont wanna get broken pc again. Right now Im playing competitive games with a broken pc and its torture.  I got in high ranks in Apex, cs go, hunt showdown,... but further is impossible with my broken pc. 

An AMD card will play all those wonderfully, likely. Maybe save for CS: GO since they render DX9 in software, but still. If you grab an RX 590 or similar, it will do even better in DX9 titles such as CS (with hardware rendering).

Hunt will play well on AMD since it's CryEngine, so will Apex.

12 hours ago, Motifator said:

I have two of these overly expensive-were monitors in here. They're both big and both ONLY support VRR over Nvidia GPUs.

If this is not stupid, tell me what is.

I have the rights to fan AMD here.

That sounds like a monitor issue, not an Nvidia issue. 

Don't blame the petrol because you drive a gas car and it won't run on electricity.