4090 i9 13900K Build Final Check

Budget (including currency): $6500 $AUD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Modding games, light mapping, blender rendering cinematics/animations, gaming on the side

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I'm think I'm really happy with this just want to make sure I don't have anything really obvious I've missed here, I posted a build I was looking at but thought I should wait for 13th Gen Intel, good thing I did. Here's what I did have:

I've now got my hopefully final spec here: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/dVrghk

I use a 4k 60hz monitor atm.
Don't need any peripherals.

Got 4TB of SSD 2.5" storage already don't need more, I just want a bigger C Drive.
I've checked clearances with the case specs.

The 4090 Chosen is just the cheapest one that's in stock.

Added a 1200W PSU based on feedback.

Chosen DDR4 ram as looking at the LTT results it's really not worth the price increase imo
Just looking to use PC case gear to save on shipping, comes to like $100 more total but will save on shipping and hassle from multiple outlets.
The lian li comes with case fans in the front and one rear, that should be be plenty really yeah? The PC will live in an air conditioned room.

The NH-D15, does it come with NT-H1 compound pre-applied? the description is not super clear lol link:https://www.pccasegear.com/products/48141/noctua-nh-d15-chromax-cpu-cooler-black

Any advice is welcome, haven't upgraded in like 5 years, and that was just the gpu and ssd, otherwise it's been 10 years O.o

4090 i9 13900k build.jpg

PCPartPicker Part List: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Xdrjhk

CPU: Intel Core i9-13900K 3 GHz 24-Core Processor  ($1099.00 @ Centre Com) 
CPU Cooler: Deepcool AK400 ZERO DARK 66.47 CFM CPU Cooler  ($55.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Thermal Compound: Gelid Solutions GC-Extreme 3.5 g Thermal Paste  ($9.19 @ Amazon Australia) 
Motherboard: MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($399.00 @ BPC Technology) 
Memory: Patriot Viper Steel 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  ($310.00 @ Amazon Australia) 
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($371.00 @ Centre Com) 
Storage: Seagate BarraCuda 6 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($169.00 @ Centre Com) 
Video Card: MSI GAMING TRIO GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB Video Card  ($3059.00 @ MSY Technology) 
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 ATX Full Tower Case  ($279.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master M2000 2000 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($599.00 @ JW Computers) 
Total: $6349.19
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-10-21 13:45 AEDT+1100

Nothing much to change from what you've originally chosen. I of course do not know what your production workflow is like so I can only base it off mine but I've added a 6TB HDD because I chew through hundreds of gigabytes of data rendering frames uncompressed. 

2000w PSU and a bigger in case you want to add several more cards to your workstation. But if not you can stick with the lianli and go for a cheaper PSU like this: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/QX3gXL/phanteks-amp-1000-w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-ph-p1000g

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

2 minutes ago, HungryHamster said:

I'm not a PC expert or anything, but it seems like it might be a little overkill for a 4k 60hz monitor. The lowest FPS I've seen in any 4k benchmarks for the 4090 has been like 80fps and that was running without any DLSS.

Agreed, the 4090 is mainly for rendering frames though for animations, plus eventually I'll get a higher refresh rate monitor when QD OLED's become more available

1 hour ago, iiNNeX said:

Looks good to me man, although I'd personally go AIO instead of the tower cooler, 360mm at least as well given how how these chips run. 

Rest of the config is spot on for your usecase.

Yeah I think I'm going to see how the NH-D15 goes, if it struggles and I notice throttling a bunch I'll upgrade. Thanks!

Looks good to me. I would actually prefer the NH-D15 over an AIO. Easier maintenance, no potential leak issues to worry about.

4 hours ago, kaboose1066 said:

Budget (including currency): $6500 $AUD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Modding games, light mapping, blender rendering cinematics/animations, gaming on the side

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I'm think I'm really happy with this just want to make sure I don't have anything really obvious I've missed here, I posted a build I was looking at but thought I should wait for 13th Gen Intel, good thing I did. Here's what I did have:

I've now got my hopefully final spec here: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/dVrghk

I use a 4k 60hz monitor atm.
Don't need any peripherals.

Got 4TB of SSD 2.5" storage already don't need more, I just want a bigger C Drive.
I've checked clearances with the case specs.

The 4090 Chosen is just the cheapest one that's in stock.

Added a 1200W PSU based on feedback.

Chosen DDR4 ram as looking at the LTT results it's really not worth the price increase imo
Just looking to use PC case gear to save on shipping, comes to like $100 more total but will save on shipping and hassle from multiple outlets.
The lian li comes with case fans in the front and one rear, that should be be plenty really yeah? The PC will live in an air conditioned room.

The NH-D15, does it come with NT-H1 compound pre-applied? the description is not super clear lol link:https://www.pccasegear.com/products/48141/noctua-nh-d15-chromax-cpu-cooler-black

Any advice is welcome, haven't upgraded in like 5 years, and that was just the gpu and ssd, otherwise it's been 10 years O.o

4090 i9 13900k build.jpg

I would recommend this instead. DDR5, much better motherboard, still 64GB of RAM and same storage. Just providing an alternative, even though you mentioned you had drawn up an AM5 list before. Do you really need a 7950X or a i9-13900K for all of what you're doing? I think an i7-13700K or 7900X would still be plenty imo.

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/W4xJPX

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 4.7 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($925.00 @ Skycomp Technology) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler  ($189.00 @ MSY Technology) 
Thermal Compound: Noctua NT-H2 3.5 g Thermal Paste  ($24.00 @ BPC Technology) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard  ($429.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 CL36 Memory  ($266.54 @ Amazon Australia) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 CL36 Memory  ($266.54 @ Amazon Australia) 
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($365.00 @ Umart) 
Video Card: MSI GAMING X TRIO GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB Video Card  ($3309.00 @ Centre Com) 
Case: Lian Li LANCOOL III ATX Mid Tower Case  ($238.82 @ Amazon Australia) 
Power Supply: Corsair HX1200 Platinum 1200 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($379.00 @ BPC Technology) 
$6391.90

Edited by GeorgeMKane

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos