Can't make headphone work on monitor jack

pacote

I want to use 2 devices on the same monitor so my only choice is to connect my headphone to the monitor 3.5mm jack.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling different drivers, updating on device manager, no luck so far.

Windows audio bar at Control Panel > Sound > Playback, keeps moving up and down as I play a video on YouTube, but no sound comes out. My monitor is selected, "LC34G55T" currently using High Definition Audio Device. (realtek driver)

This monitor has no speaker, just the headphone jack. I'm using displayport. OS is Windows 10. Headphone works fine if I plug it in my PC. 

Screenshot of your Sound control panel and make sure no devices are hidden. Playback tab. 

If you type “mmsys.cpl” into windows search and hit enter it’ll open. 

If its audio is through display port then the GPU/iGPU would be the sound source not the Realtek onboard audio, no?

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

4 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Screenshot of your Sound control panel and make sure no devices are hidden. Playback tab. 

If you type “mmsys.cpl” into windows search and hit enter it’ll open. 

Capture.PNG

3 minutes ago, ApolloX75 said:

If its audio is through display port then the GPU/iGPU would be the sound source not the Realtek onboard audio, no?

I don't know. It's igpu, i7 4770. 

A couple of things I tested just now: Tried a pair of earphones, doesn't work either. When there is no headphones connect on the 3.5mm jack the Playback tab still goes up and down (green bar) as if it's playing sound.

Maybe this is an obvious question, but have you turned up the volume in the monitor's settings?
If your monitor has one of those joystick controls, by default if you push it to the right it should show the volume setting (and a mute option, by pressing down).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

6 minutes ago, pacote said:

I want to use 2 devices on the same monitor so my only choice is to connect my headphone to the monitor 3.5mm jack.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling different drivers, updating on device manager, no luck so far.

Windows audio bar at Control Panel > Sound > Playback, keeps moving up and down as I play a video on YouTube, but no sound comes out. My monitor is selected, "LC34G55T" currently using High Definition Audio Device. (realtek driver)

This monitor has no sound, just the headphone jack. I'm using displayport. OS is Windows 10. Headphone works fine if I plug it in my PC. 

Going by the model number you have a Samsung Odyssey G5 34" which does not have built in speakers. The audio jack should be audio pass through but requires an HDMI to HDMI, or a DP to DP connection for it to work, you can not be using any sort of display cable adapter. And it also has to go through a GPU that has audio output, your iGPU may not. I'm not super familiar with them so I don't know for sure. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

1 minute ago, minibois said:

Maybe this is an obvious question, but have you turned up the volume in the monitor's settings?
If your monitor has one of those joystick controls, by default if you push it to the right it should show the volume setting (and a mute option, by pressing down).

The jog button is broken, but I never changed the sound there I'm 99% sure. Really wish I could fix this button but Samsung isn't helping as I forgot to do it in warranty and now they won't even say how much it costs to fix, would need to be without monitor for a couple weeks as well... 

So you're using DisplayPort to Displayport, right? No adapters? 

image.png.d979dd2cab15956010458b6924ac2689.png

image.png.dc1777bb7a4e07763cb0e9dccc999660.png

image.thumb.png.39c08b57602d93d8b78aaceeb47deedc.png

3 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Going by the model number you have a Samsung Odyssey G5 34" which does not have built in speakers. The audio jack should be audio pass through but requires an HDMI to HDMI, or a DP to DP connection for it to work, you can not be using any sort of display cable adapter. And it also has to go through a GPU that has audio output, your iGPU may not. I'm not super familiar with them so I don't know for sure. 

Not using any adapter. My old Acer Predator had speakers though and it worked. 

5 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

So you're using DisplayPort to Displayport, right? No adapters? 

image.png.d979dd2cab15956010458b6924ac2689.png

image.png.dc1777bb7a4e07763cb0e9dccc999660.png

image.thumb.png.39c08b57602d93d8b78aaceeb47deedc.png

No adapters, TRS type. Only thing I can't do is use the monitor jog button to see sound because it's broken. 

Going to be a little difficult to turn the volume up/down or see if Mute is engaged without that, I think.

30 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Going to be a little difficult to turn the volume up/down or see if Mute is engaged without that, I think.

Yeah. One year before, when the button was still working I tried and couldn't get it to work, but I can't say if I tried the button to check.