Generate money for youtubers

Go to solution Solved by Spotty,

It would cost more in electricity usage than what the creator would get from your views. Why do you think creators don't just set up farms of PCs watching their own videos?

If you want to support your favourite creators save up your money, buy some merch and get something in return.

So today I had a magnific idea, it was what if we use computers and let them run youtube videos to generate money for youtubers? Well it doesn't require top hardware so its not that destructive, you can use old hardware then build it into a pc, install linux, go to youtube, create a reproduction list with 200 videos of LTT then activate the loop function and let it run. The last step its repeating with more PC's at the end you have a large money generator for the youtube channel you want.

Hardware could be like some old core 2 duo with ssd.

(Take this seriously not shitpost)

It would cost more in electricity usage than what the creator would get from your views. Why do you think creators don't just set up farms of PCs watching their own videos?

If you want to support your favourite creators save up your money, buy some merch and get something in return.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Just now, Spotty said:

Not only that, youtube detects stuff like that and then he would be generating 0 money, while costing electricity.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

Yeah now that I think the idea is stupid.

On 10/6/2022 at 1:32 PM, Neroon said:

Destroy the planet, and get Linus a few extra cents.

Want to support them, buy some merch, or join them on floatplane.

Yeah those two things look like a better idea than creating a giant farm that destroy the ecosystem just for a few cents.

On 10/6/2022 at 7:30 PM, LinusFanNumber 14.8M said:

you can use old hardware then build it into a pc,

and stop there... list the pc for sale give it cheap to some less fortunate family that needs a computer for school kids to learn programming or whatever, and use a part of the money you got to buy something from ltt store ... guaranteed it would be more profitable than ad revenue

On 10/6/2022 at 12:30 PM, LinusFanNumber 14.8M said:

So today I had a magnific idea, it was what if we use computers and let them run youtube videos to generate money for youtubers? Well it doesn't require top hardware so its not that destructive, you can use old hardware then build it into a pc, install linux, go to youtube, create a reproduction list with 200 videos of LTT then activate the loop function and let it run. The last step its repeating with more PC's at the end you have a large money generator for the youtube channel you want.

Hardware could be like some old core 2 duo with ssd.

(Take this seriously not shitpost)

Bad plan. If you want to help creators, then do something actually helpful: donate, buy merch, buy a subscription (twitch, YT, FP, etc), and so on.

Who's going to pay for the electricity you use to generate those extra views? You? If so, just give them that money instead (or buy some of their merch with it). If it's your parents... that's a dick move to your parents, to waste electricity doing something like that.

Plus, if it actually became widespread, YT would likely crack down hard. IMO, it's essentially viewership fraud.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

On 10/11/2022 at 3:39 PM, dalekphalm said:

Bad plan. If you want to help creators, then do something actually helpful: donate, buy merch, buy a subscription (twitch, YT, FP, etc), and so on.

Who's going to pay for the electricity you use to generate those extra views? You? If so, just give them that money instead (or buy some of their merch with it). If it's your parents... that's a dick move to your parents, to waste electricity doing something like that.

Plus, if it actually became widespread, YT would likely crack down hard. IMO, it's essentially viewership fraud.

I already know its a stupid Idea lol.

On 10/9/2022 at 11:45 AM, mariushm said:

and stop there... list the pc for sale give it cheap to some less fortunate family that needs a computer for school kids to learn programming or whatever, and use a part of the money you got to buy something from ltt store ... guaranteed it would be more profitable than ad revenue

Wait... I am thinking to take your idea and use it.